• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading DOWN

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the pick. Good experience playing along the line at LSU. Britt will stay at C, he did well lst season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so many of you assume that Pocic is going to move to G or T yet his "BEST" position is at center and was to slow footed to play at a high level at Guard and tackle wtf!

Lets put it this way Pocic grades out as a 8 at center 5 or 6 at G and 3 to 4 at T. So they make him play where he scores poorly? This feels so much like a Cable move that it's not even funny.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so many of you assume that Pocic is going to move to G or T yet his "BEST" position is at center and was to slow footed to play at a high level at Guard and tackle wtf!

Lets put it this way Pocic grades out as a 8 at center 5 or 6 at G and 3 to 4 at T. So they make him play where he scores poorly? This feels so much like a Cable move that it's not even funny.
Hate the pick, but I'm pass blaming Cable for a pick like this.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pocic has a couple of things going for him outside of any physical traits:

He actually played on the offensive line in college and he played multiple positions on that offensive line in college.

We're not exactly talking about taking a defensive lineman and converting him or taking a former basketball player and having his first experience playing football since Junior High come as a left tackle in the NFL. I know people were looking for a less ambiguous offensive line pick by the Seahawks, but there's film of this guy playing on the offensive line, doing it well and doing it throughout his college career. Who cares if he's listed as a center and won't actually play there for us? Teams pick guys who played one position on the line in college and moved them to another position on the line in the pros all the time. This shouldn't be an issue.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much missed out on all the CB talent. have to say havent felt this sick on draft day.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pocic has a couple of things going for him outside of any physical traits:

He actually played on the offensive line in college and he played multiple positions on that offensive line in college.

We're not exactly talking about taking a defensive lineman and converting him or taking a former basketball player and having his first experience playing football since Junior High come as a left tackle in the NFL. I know people were looking for a less ambiguous offensive line pick by the Seahawks, but there's film of this guy playing on the offensive line, doing it well and doing it throughout his college career. Who cares if he's listed as a center and won't actually play there for us? Teams pick guys who played one position on the line in college and moved them to another position on the line in the pros all the time. This shouldn't be an issue.

I'm 100% with you!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Center? Britt was a solid starter and our best Olineman at center and they just used a 2nd on a center?!?!?!?!

Lets see we got a bunch of oline guys on this team but they are all Guards and Centers.... WTF!

Wasted pick, we had our starter Britt and the back-up in place ( you don't use a 2nd round pick for a back-up )

I heard he's versatile on the line, doesn't have to play center...

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is not a position of need but I am hoping that at some point Seattle picks up Brian Hill RB out of Wyoming. As a person born and raised in Tacoma and a Hawks fan since 1976, and a person that has lived in Wyoming for 20 years, I have watched Hill. Amazing player and person as well, here is a little about him.

In a conference stocked with excellent running backs, Wyoming’s Brian Hill put himself at the top of the group.

Over the last two seasons, Hill has found himself in the top-10 in rushing in the entire FBS, rushing for nearly 3,500 yards in that timeframe.

At 6’1, 219 lbs (as measured at the combine), Hill measures up with the proto-typical NFL running back, being only five pounds lighter than David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot and Le’Veon Bell.

Hill is a powerful runner who’s able to break arm tackles like butter. He’s a force to be reckoned with in open space. He also has incredible ball control, fumbling only once in 349 carries last season.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is not a position of need but I am hoping that at some point Seattle picks up Brian Hill RB out of Wyoming. As a person born and raised in Tacoma and a Hawks fan since 1976, and a person that has lived in Wyoming for 20 years, I have watched Hill. Amazing player and person as well, here is a little about him.

In a conference stocked with excellent running backs, Wyoming’s Brian Hill put himself at the top of the group.

Over the last two seasons, Hill has found himself in the top-10 in rushing in the entire FBS, rushing for nearly 3,500 yards in that timeframe.

At 6’1, 219 lbs (as measured at the combine), Hill measures up with the proto-typical NFL running back, being only five pounds lighter than David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot and Le’Veon Bell.

Hill is a powerful runner who’s able to break arm tackles like butter. He’s a force to be reckoned with in open space. He also has incredible ball control, fumbling only once in 349 carries last season.

It's a possibility. I think the Hawks will continue to add running backs until they find a combo they like. Obviously, there are a couple of guys in the mix that you'd hope would be there for the long haul, but it's one of those positions where competition will continue to be a good thing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this thread reminds me of why I'm glad I don't follow college football.

It must exhaust the fuck out of you guys...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he's versatile on the line, doesn't have to play center...
You know what it also means? They shuffle the crap out of him as needed. Hard to be a consistent player if they continue to do this to anyone and everyone on the line.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they would have gone after a higher rated CB talent than whatever they end up with in the next 4 picks (presuming they take one and we will all be pissed if they don't), but sheesh. Some of the same ones bitching about them not taking an OL with their first pick (I'd have broken my TV if they had done that) were then bitching about them taking a guy listed as C? :L

Not really excited so far, but then I don't remember being that excited over their picks most years. I'll reserve final opinions until after we see the rest of the picks.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what it also means? They shuffle the crap out of him as needed. Hard to be a consistent player if they continue to do this to anyone and everyone on the line.
I'd bet the farm they have him projected for one particular slot on one side of the line and have every intention of testing how well he adapts there. There is zero chance they want to move him around, but you can't possibly know how they will do in their scheme at the slot they want until he goes out and tries it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah they need to solidify the positions, I think they will, injuries were a big reason for a lot of shuffling...

“One thing I do well is I’m versatile,” Pocic said. “That’s kind of my best skill. I’m just really here to work, wherever it is… I can play all five in my mind. I kind of consider myself just an O-lineman.”