• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading DOWN

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in this draft class NO OLINEMAN! they had their chance to get one that could possibly start, all that's left are projects and we need NO MORE PROJECTS on this line.

CB is a need but maybe they are still high on some of the PS guys? Like Cox? Elliott?
WR is a need because who says Lockett is ready game 1? PR is in his final year, can they resign him cheap if not he is gone. PS players might come in play here. Lawler, Smith, Williams
LB we have a hole to fill here and i think their next pick should be used on a LBer to plug beside Wagner and Wright.
TE? I mean Graham and Willson are the starters, both only having one year on contract. Vannett should improve and looks to be a option to replace Willson.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Center? Britt was a solid starter and our best Olineman at center and they just used a 2nd on a center?!?!?!?!

Lets see we got a bunch of oline guys on this team but they are all Guards and Centers.... WTF!

Wasted pick, we had our starter Britt and the back-up in place ( you don't use a 2nd round pick for a back-up )

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pocic is a center but they announced him as tackle. Is this where they'll see him? Typical seahawks, takes a guy out of his comfort zone and have him play somewhere else

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Center? Britt was a solid starter and our best Olineman at center and they just used a 2nd on a center?!?!?!?!

Lets see we got a bunch of oline guys on this team but they are all Guards and Centers.... WTF!
They announced him as tackle. Guarantee you they're "converting" him or see him there. TYPICAL HAWKS

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, the Hawks are rarely fun to watch draft. It's not often that we are excited with the results so the way this one is going doesn't surprise me. It's like throwing the ball on the one yard line in the Super Bowl, there's an obvious choice sitting right there but we decide against it; maybe it works maybe it doesn't.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet the Seahawks tried for one of those picks, but
So Pocic is a center but they announced him as tackle. Is this where they'll see him? Typical seahawks, takes a guy out of his comfort zone and have him play somewhere else

Thought just the reverse, moving Britt again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, the Hawks are rarely fun to watch draft. It's not often that we are excited with the results so the way this one is going doesn't surprise me. It's like throwing the ball on the one yard line in the Super Bowl, there's an obvious choice sitting right there but we decide against it; maybe it works maybe it doesn't.

The difference is before they needed to replace pretty much the whole roster, now that they have undeniable needs they are still just drafting all over the place. To build a roster from scratch you need pretty much everything to upgrade a roster that has a core in place you need pieces to plug in, they are drafting pieces that there is no place to plug in really.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He started at tackle in 37 games. They believe he can play any position on the o line.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think this rookie could beat out Britt at center. But after saying that i felt they gave up on Britt WAY TO FAST at RT. He looked better at RT in his rookie season than what we have seen playing RT the past two seasons so maybe.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That too. Still a damn mess.
Overall, i'm okay with the pick though.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a feeling they will trade 2 of their 3rd rounders to move up 4 spots and pick someone that would be on the board in round 4. :gaah:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this rookie could beat out Britt at center. But after saying that i felt they gave up on Britt WAY TO FAST at RT. He looked better at RT in his rookie season than what we have seen playing RT the past two seasons so maybe.
Yes, I think they still believe Britt could play tackle and think that's the plan, provided the rookie can handle the center position this season. Could see another year of reshuffling the OL.:gaah:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think they still believe Britt could play tackle and think that's the plan, provided the rookie can handle the center position this season. Could see another year of reshuffling the OL.:gaah:

but what about Ifedi at RT? So they move Britt back to Guard? He was a worse Guard than he was a RT. Ifedi staying at RG? good heavens we got a mess.

So it's like the Seahawks FO is saying trust in Cable.... Uhm NO! thats like trying to trust a guy that has punched your G/F in the face 3 to 4 times that he wont do it again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but what about Ifedi at RT? So they move Britt back to Guard? He was a worse Guard than he was a RT. Ifedi staying at RG? good heavens we got a mess.
Ifedi stays at RG I think...but who the heck knows.:rolleyes2:

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Britt plays anything else but center, Pocic has played all 5 positions on the line, so I believe that he will compete for Guard or tackle

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Britt plays anything else but center, Pocic has played all 5 positions on the line, so I believe that he will compete for Guard or tackle
We'll see. Every draft site list him as a center, every draft guru talks about him as a center. Tackles and guards get moved to center in the pros, rarely the other way. He's going to play center for the Seahawks IMO.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well be interesting to hear Pete and John thoughts on this after the draft.