• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading DOWN

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone picked today will make the team but i feel only one will be a starter at one point in the season and i don't mean because of injury, that's Darboh. I think you all will like this kid. I think 22 to 28 rec for 300 to 350 and 2TD.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone picked today will make the team but i feel only one will be a starter at one point in the season and i don't mean because of injury, that's Darboh. I think you all will like this kid. I think 22 to 28 rec for 300 to 350 and 2TD.

If everyone picked today makes the team that is a good start.

If people are expecting every player to be a pro bowler, they have lost the plot.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If people are expecting every player to be a pro bowler, they have lost the plot.

Understood

My Feeling is if we need to Take starters on the OLine. Rynhick (Sp), Lamp, Robinson were Day 1's

I would have been Comfortable with us taking Tabor, King, Wilson or Jones (who i really wanted) because a Day 1 starter.

But we took a Rotation Player...........

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will essentially be throwaway picks then.

Edit**** I forgot about Gilliam leaving so we should have one o-line spot left

You never know, Pete and John have landed some gems late in the draft.... Malcolm Smith we got in the 7th

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDowell is an elite talent that needs coaching that works for him.

He truly is a good talent. Talk is he takes plays off.
Welcome to the NFL as a rotational player in Hawks D'line.
He will understand soon that you can't "Take plays off" or no NFL Career.
Hoping this wakes him up.

I'd love to land Dobbs

Dobbs is said to have 'high intellect' but low completion rate.
I think we need a better option than Boykin, or a least some competition, and Dobbs could be that guy.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs is said to have 'high intellect' but low completion rate.
I think we need a better option than Boykin, or a least some competition, and Dobbs could be that guy.

And Dobbs seems (with his Aerospace engineering degree) to have his head straight and feet on the ground

Always good to have talent like that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical homer nonsense on here. You cant keep skipping the first round, you just cant. Its catching up to us, it really is. This team hasnt had a really good draft since 2012.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very confused with this draft guys so help me out, they accumulated a crap ton of picks but didn't get 1 starter. It seems like it was a waste of capital collecting picks for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical homer nonsense on here. You cant keep skipping the first round, you just cant. Its catching up to us, it really is. This team hasnt had a really good draft since 2012.

Many, many doubters of Seattle kept saying, 'their window is closing, they can't keep all their core players'
Well guess what, Seattle DID keep all their core players.
HOW?, good cap management.
Targeting a guy in round 1 and getting that same guy in round 2, saves Millions in guarenteed money.

If they truly were going to draft MM in round 1, then getting him in round 2 is definitely better for the CAP.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't like the nonsense. Go somewhere else. Do you mind if i be of some assistance?

tumblr_mfctmohR5A1ratl9co1_500.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, their first round draft pick in 2012 was Irvin who didn't end up being the star of that class so your point is kind of weak. Had they had the same class without Irvin it would still be a home run class without any first rounders at all.

I'm not saying I don't want some first round talent, just saying your example didn't help you at all here.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes down to this: The Seahawks are famous for having a unusual draft board. They look for players with different attributes than most.

No one here knows what their board looked like. If they had taken some combo of Robinson/Lamp/King/Baker/the CB the Raiders took then everyone would be singing their praises but it is obvious to me that these guys were not targeted and there is a reason for that.

They could have taken King at 31 but didn't. They knew GB needs DBs. They could have taken Robinson at 33 but they didn't. They could have taken Lamp at 34 but they didn't. This indicates to me that there was never any possibility or intention of drafting any of those guys.

Is it possible that they "got cute" and screwed up? Yes, but I highly doubt it (At least in regards to the 2nd rd. Harder to gauge the 3rd but I assume that went acceptably according to their board).

This is the same every year. The Hawks board has players ranked higher than the "experts" boards so people freak out over their picks. But I trust our management more than some tv/internet scout who probably gets their info the same way I do and does not view the draft the same way as our management does. As stated, our best draft probably ever was given horrible grades and people were freaking out but we ended up with starters and all-pros with late rounds (there are no throw away picks. That is why they trade down to get more).

The FO is not infallible though. Plenty of misses to go with the hits (like every team). They have done a great job putting good teams on the field with JS and PC in charge. I will continue to assume they know better than us what they are doing.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duly noted. Now kindly take your crybaby grade and

334.gif

oh are we supposed to be brainless and opinionless? Sorry RegentDenali i can't be like you :( sucks to be me. lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st-3rd should be starters for the most part but i did not say they would be starters. DL they needed bodies for depth they got them but a stud starter? nah not likely. CB/S starter drafted? nope. WR i think they got Kearse's replacement so yeah i will go there He has to beat out Kearse and i believe he can then you got Baldwin the rookie and Richardson till Lockett is 100%. a Center ? yeah he wont beat out Britt, Guard or tackle for Pocic? maybe but that just goes to show how bad our oline is, Lamp would have been a better pick than Pocic and he was theirs at 34. I feel a highly recruited High school Olineman could start on our oline though so thats not saying much.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i noticed a lot of you bashing and posting upset remarks to peoples opinions on the Hawks draft picks. You know what that tells me and anyone else who has taken Psychology? that you are not happy with how things turned out either. defending a pick is fine but to bash others with no defense is silly.

Leaders voice their opinions with out fear, Followers defend something even if there is no defense for it lol.

So if you don't like how some of the picks went when looking at WHO was on the board when they picked let it be known, let the steam/pressure out and ignore the noise from the followers. This board is here for discussion and if someone doesn't like your "opinion" then they are in the wrong place and should start their own Forum and call it OMOC ( only my opinion counts )
:suds:

Last edited:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st-3rd should be starters for the most part but i did not say they would be starters. DL they needed bodies for depth they got them but a stud starter? nah not likely. CB/S starter drafted? nope. WR i think they got Kearse's replacement so yeah i will go there He has to beat out Kearse and i believe he can then you got Baldwin the rookie and Richardson till Lockett is 100%. a Center ? yeah he wont beat out Britt, Guard or tackle for Pocic? maybe but that just goes to show how bad our oline is, Lamp would have been a better pick than Pocic and he was theirs at 34. I feel a highly recruited High school Olineman could start on our oline though so thats not saying much.

Lamp was never going to be a Seahawk. He was obviously not highly rated by the FO. Same can be said about Robinson and King (see my post above). From a fan's perspective, yes, we all thought getting these highly publicized guys would be great because that is based on the info we are given. But if we had been privy to JC/PC's board it would have provided a completely different perspective.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i noticed a lot of you bashing and posting upset remarks to peoples opinions on the Hawks draft picks. You know what that tells me and anyone else who has taken Psychology? that you are not happy with how things turned out either. defending a pick is fine but to bash others with no defense is silly.

Thanks for the unasked for therapy session, Dr. Ruth. But you don't know what you are talking about.

Every year it is the same thing. A bunch of people complain about our draft. Usually the same people who think they are experts on all the players because they've read a bunch of websites that tell them which players are good and which players are not.

How do you, personally, know that Kevin King is a better corner than Shaquill Griffin? You've watched hours of tape and conducted interviews with the players and you were able to determine that King was clearly the better option? Or some website, that you likely mock throughout the year, told you that King was better?
Leaders voice their opinions with out fear, Followers defend something even if there is no defense for it lol.

More nonsense. Fools spew opinions without proper consideration. Wise people wait until they have all the information before passing judgment.

So if you don't like how some of the picks went when looking at WHO was on the board when they picked let it be known, let the steam/pressure out and ignore the noise from the followers. This board is here for discussion and if someone doesn't like your "opinion" then they are in the wrong place and should start their own Forum and call it OMOC ( only my opinion counts )
:suds:

Some of us don't get worked up with the players they drafted. We focus more on the positions they drafted. To me, drafting a penetrating DT and a run stuff DT were good picks. Drafting a versatile big OL was a good pick. Draft a speedy corner was a good pick. I have no possible way of knowing whether there were better options at those positions than what we took. People that claim that Cam Robinson or Forrest Lamp are better choices are talking out their ass. Maybe those guys will turn into perennial all-pro players. Probably not though.

What some of you critics fail to understand is that the Seahawks front office always operates on probabilities. They are fully aware that every pick is question mark. But if you have more picks you are more likely to hit with one of them. So trading down 9 spots and getting 4 extra draft picks is exactly what this team will do. Especially if the draft plays out in such a way that they have more players available than expected.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamp was never going to be a Seahawk. He was obviously not highly rated by the FO. Same can be said about Robinson and King (see my post above). From a fan's perspective, yes, we all thought getting these highly publicized guys would be great because that is based on the info we are given. But if we had been privy to JC/PC's board it would have provided a completely different perspective.

As fans we tend to fall in love with certain rookie draft prospects and it's disappointing when the Seahawks pass on them. Speaking for myself once I get pass my surprise at their picks ( usually takes a day ) I just roll with them and hope it pans out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very confused with this draft guys so help me out, they accumulated a crap ton of picks but didn't get 1 starter. It seems like it was a waste of capital collecting picks for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

How do you know they didn't get a starter? How do you know whether Griffin will be a starter? Or Pocic?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i know the draft is not over but right now, i grade it a D-. I have never graded a Hawks draft lower than a C before.

I would grade it a F but i can't go that bad until we see these kids play.
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, ya know.
Just because JS didn't draft who you wanted, you have pretty much bashed this draft, ala Mel.
Realizing you are just going off the grades other pundits have written, how did these guys do in team interviews?
Oh? You have no idea?
Exactly.