• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trades?

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any trade possibilities before the deadline?

I think any decent trades for OKC ended when Kanter got hurt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think there will be some move made- but no one has any motivation to really do so until closer to the deadline at this point. no team is just going to make a move just to make a move until we get closer.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think there will be some move made- but no one has any motivation to really do so until closer to the deadline at this point. no team is just going to make a move just to make a move until we get closer.

OKC could use Wilson Chandler from Denver but I don't know that they have the trade pieces.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC could use Wilson Chandler from Denver but I don't know that they have the trade pieces.
Denver is still under the salary floor - so they cant just give guys away.

Although i think Chandler is an interesting guy, him, PJ Tucker of the Suns, Lou Williams on the Lakers, are 3 of the better players i wouldnt be surprised to see moved.

PJ Tucker has really played well- he would be a huge get for someone. Its a good thing for the Cavs no team in the East has any balls.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. We're getting all this talk about Melo and Butler and whoever else and it'll end up like 98% of all trade deadlines; nothing interesting.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. We're getting all this talk about Melo and Butler and whoever else and it'll end up like 98% of all trade deadlines; nothing interesting.

Most times there's not much.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the knicks have any sense they trade the house. Just collect Draft picks.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That little place holder, hes like "OH SHIT!""

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose would make Milwaukee a contender. He plays very good D, he can still pass and shoot, his inside game is not what it once was but he was always a fine dribbler so he doesn't suffer too much.

Carmelo is over rated cancer. He fits on a team that needs to sell Merch. Hes the most over rated player in NBA history imo. He doesnt play D, if his shot doesnt fall hes worthless. He doesn't rebound anywhere near his ability. Terrible shot selection. He can barely pass. He would fit nicely on the bulls or Dallas. Hes an over rated mess.

Porzingis is a keeper. They should just shop everyone nad collect picks for the young Porzingis.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Cousins is a guy who must be traded. But he is on the books for another year so Sacramento can wait. When Rudy returns, depending on his pay, he could have a high ceiling for trades.

Far as this year i dont see teams who are in contention with enough assets or willingness to blow it up except NY. They have to sell. Rose and Melo are the highest they will ever be for them atm.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be one "OH SHIIIT" trade that takes people by surprise, but for the most part it's gonna be more of the baby dick Miles Plumlee for Roy Hibbert garbage trades most likely.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There might be one "OH SHIIIT" trade that takes people by surprise, but for the most part it's gonna be more of the baby dick Miles Plumlee for Roy Hibbert garbage trades most likely.

Yeah, from the looks of things, you're probably right. Unless a playoff team can pull of some trade for a top level player that can catch them up to the Warriors, Cavs and Spurs, (which means being able to keep their core intact) we're likely to just see teams trading for expiring contracts to create cap space. Even with that, given the CBA, I'm not even sure that many teams will do that since it'll be really difficult to get a difference maker to jump ship regardless of how much cap space they can create.

The only significant trade that I could even think of would be if the Kings decide to start over from scratch and traded Boogie to the Celtics for a bunch of those draft picks Ainge has in his pocket. Even then, the salary numbers might have to match which could be problematic.