• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keepers and pre-draft trades

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing what happened here is your commissioner set up a keeper league for the first time last year and didn't seek out useful input from anyone with experience running one. Alternatively your commissioner may be a more casual player than most. Most of these types of leagues have restrictions of some sort.

It is probably too late to change anything now as you seem to be reacting to other moves this guy is making. Just don't play in this league next year unless some changes are made to the keeper rules before the beginning of next offseason. I say more power to the guy if he is dealing from his stacked team within the rules and I would still see the Judge trade as a win-win if he is being honorable in offering it (still don't get why he would have let that Ohtani deal out there). There are pros and cons to allowing this kind of trading but I share your feelings to an extent.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing what happened here is your commissioner set up a keeper league for the first time last year and didn't seek out useful input from anyone with experience running one. Alternatively your commissioner may be a more casual player than most. Most of these types of leagues have restrictions of some sort.

It is probably too late to change anything now as you seem to be reacting to other moves this guy is making. Just don't play in this league next year unless some changes are made to the keeper rules before the beginning of next offseason. I say more power to the guy if he is dealing from his stacked team within the rules and I would still see the Judge trade as a win-win if he is being honorable in offering it (still don't get why he would have let that Ohtani deal out there). There are pros and cons to allowing this kind of trading but I share your feelings to an extent.
Yes, first year keeper league, lots of inexperience, including the commish.

But I think the dude with the stacked team is kind of leading the charge and helped implement the changes regarding trading players for draft picks.

I am not looking forward to this season...but oh well

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I think the dude with the stacked team is kind of leading the charge and helped implement the changes regarding trading players for draft picks.
Oof, I don't like that dynamic. I might steer clear of him then. Live and learn.

Did he at least appear to earn the team he has? (i.e. he didn't swindle anyone mid-season, did he)

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oof, I don't like that dynamic. I might steer clear of him then. Live and learn.

Did he at least appear to earn the team he has? (i.e. he didn't swindle anyone mid-season, did he)
no, I don't think he swindled anyone...just knows baseball I guess.

I don't know anyone but the commish in the league

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, well, seems like some opportunism. That doesn’t necessarily mean nefarious intent on their part or a not being amenable to fair play.

If others in the league are engaged, some of them will probably pick up on the issue too.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, well, seems like some opportunism. That doesn’t necessarily mean nefarious intent on their part or a not being amenable to fair play.

If others in the league are engaged, some of them will probably pick up on the issue too.
I just don't get how you can trade someone right now who isn't a keeper.

it doesn't make sense to me.

that would be like the Dodgers trading Corey Seager after he became a FA

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how you can trade someone right now who isn't a keeper.

it doesn't make sense to me.

that would be like the Dodgers trading Corey Seager after he became a FA

Call for a rule next year to have keepers set before the next season begins, or to suspend roster moves before keepers are set in the new season.

As for this year. Just write a post mocking owners who would trade their first picks for players they could just draft.

Another request you could make (in a league that only keeps three) is to have the round of when the player was drafted to be kept in that round (or increase by one per season…i e. Drafted player X in round 9 in one year, can be kept as a round 8 pick the next year).

Lots of options. Just get on it early, so to not be seeming like complaining.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so getting Judge has been huge...dude is tearing the cover off the ball this season.

Other keepers were Riley and Soto. Riley has been alright, Soto isn't seeing a whole lot to hit so far, but is still doing alright.