• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Rumors

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to give up a first and a third for Thomas. He's a huge upgrade at a position of need, and you'd have him for 3 more years. He's a HoF caliber left tackle and those don't exactly grow on trees.

that is not enough Cleveland knows what this means to us they will want a piece of the pie .. and let be realistic we need to dump Clady in this deal.. so you need to add some to the pot ... to the point it sounds a little one sided win for them .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they also looking at Staley?

My guess is no. From the sound of it Staley and Vernon Davis had it out a couple of weeks back. I doubt they would bring two new players into the locker room that were fighting not too long ago. Elway understands that a locker room is a very fragile environment and 1 bad move could destroy the whole thing. I think it is why they are pushing so hard for Thomas instead. Another name that has been added to the list though of LT's is that of Okung from Seattle. With no contract for next year supposedly he is on the market. I would bet he would be a lot cheaper than Thomas since there is no guarantee he is with the team after this season.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is no. From the sound of it Staley and Vernon Davis had it out a couple of weeks back. I doubt they would bring two new players into the locker room that were fighting not too long ago. Elway understands that a locker room is a very fragile environment and 1 bad move could destroy the whole thing. I think it is why they are pushing so hard for Thomas instead. Another name that has been added to the list though of LT's is that of Okung from Seattle. With no contract for next year supposedly he is on the market. I would bet he would be a lot cheaper than Thomas since there is no guarantee he is with the team after this season.
A lot of that depends on where the locker room friction came from. I have a feeling it's coming more from the organization. That club has been a dumpster fire waiting to happen ever since they started pushing Harbaugh out. It's quite possible they would be more amicable to one another in a more positive environment. But, logistically speaking, if that were in the works it would likely have been included in the Davis trade.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he even healthy?

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers might shop Weddle around. Chances are they will not resign him to a long term deal, and someone needing immediate linebacker help might give up some decent draft picks to get him now instead of getting into free agency bidding war in the off-season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of that depends on where the locker room friction came from. I have a feeling it's coming more from the organization. That club has been a dumpster fire waiting to happen ever since they started pushing Harbaugh out. It's quite possible they would be more amicable to one another in a more positive environment. But, logistically speaking, if that were in the works it would likely have been included in the Davis trade.

Maybe. From what I understand Vernon Davis called Kaepernick out for the way that he was playing. Staley was not too excited that Davis would do this and got in his face. You are right though that whole organization is just falling apart right now. I mean even the trade with the Broncos really didn't net them much of anything. I mean trading our 6th round pick this year (good chance one of the last few picks in the round) for their 7th (one of the first few picks in the round ) means we have only moved down a few spots. So essentially we traded a 6th round pick 2 years from now for his services. Throw in pretty cheap contract for us at just a bit over $2 million. So even when selling off parts they haven't really added much to the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers might shop Weddle around. Chances are they will not resign him to a long term deal, and someone needing immediate linebacker help might give up some decent draft picks to get him now instead of getting into free agency bidding war in the off-season.

I doubt the Broncos would be in on that. We like the Safeties we have as they are playing lights out. I love Weddle and would love to have him on this team but it definitely won't be the Broncos making that trade.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is not enough Cleveland knows what this means to us they will want a piece of the pie .. and let be realistic we need to dump Clady in this deal.. so you need to add some to the pot ... to the point it sounds a little one sided win for them .
We don't need to dump Clady as part of this deal at all. We can cut him in the offseason with very little dead money.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need to dump Clady as part of this deal at all. We can cut him in the offseason with very little dead money.

Yeah and no we still would be on the hook for Cladys 10 mill this year ..

You are right though it was a 3 year deal so yes Clady has very little dead money left next year if cut .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns would be eating dead money is why I say you would have so sweet the pot .

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns would be eating dead money is why I say you would have so sweet the pot .
The Browns don't want Clady. There's no point in even bringing him up because there's no chance he'd be a part of any deal.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I agree ..but that is why no more trades today short of money for money deals Ware for Thomas type of thing ..that is not going to happen so ...............................

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting down to the wire on the deadline. Starting to doubt that we get Thomas, but who knows.

This is the most recent news I could find: Denver Broncos Rumors: Vernon Davis, Ronnie Hillman Fantasy Starters Week 9 as CJ Anderson, Virgil Green, Owen Daniels Struggle for Peyton Manning?

It includes this: "According to Elway, he is listening to other trade deals especially at the offensive line. Rookie and first-round draft pick Ty Sambrailo is out for the yaer with a torn labrum meaning there is need for additions. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Eugene Monroe could be available along with Amini Silatolu at the deadline. That would help give Manning needed protection along with getting the struggling run game going again."

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that article written before Sunday?

It's dated today. When I did a google search on "Denver Broncos Joe Thomas" it was the most recent article posted, dated two hours ago.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sound of things the Broncos have been trying to trade for Joe Thomas since preseason. So far it hasn't happened. With 35 minutes left I'm going to say nothing gets done. Now given I said that about getting a TE right before we traded for Vernon Davis so maybe it works again and we get ourselves an 8 time Pro Bowl Left Tackle.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's dated today. When I did a google search on "Denver Broncos Joe Thomas" it was the most recent article posted, dated two hours ago.
The writer either didn't take into account Sunday's performance, or has written it off as a fluke it seemed.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writer either didn't take into account Sunday's performance, or has written it off as a fluke it seemed.

Okay, now I get why you questioned when it was dated. Yeah, the writer did seem to ignore Sunday's o-line play.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa.