• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Opinions

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a 16-team, H2H category dynasty league. I want to make a win-now now move and I've been offered Trevor Story for Jo Adell, Victor Robles and Brendan McKay. Should I do this? I do need a shortstop, but I also think Robles could be helpful as soon as this year and Adell and McKay should eventually be studs too! Thoughts?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how many OF you need to start and who are your OF keepers.

Just remember Colorado stats are just as good as any other stat in fantasy baseball

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how many OF you need to start and who are your OF keepers.

Just remember Colorado stats are just as good as any other stat in fantasy baseball
We start 4 OF's. I have Stanton, Springer and Dee Gordon for sure as OF keepers and I have Mallex Smith that I could keep as well.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We start 4 OF's. I have Stanton, Springer and Dee Gordon for sure as OF keepers and I have Mallex Smith that I could keep as well.

I guess while your at it post your keepers and positions you start... and is there a limit to the amount of keepers??

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positions are 1 at each hitting position, plus 1 extra infielder, 1 extra outfielder and 2 utility spots. 6 SP's and 3 RP's. Can keep a max of 15 players. The players I have that I'm considering keeping (some are sure things, of course):
Matt Olson, Jose Altuve, Matt Chapman, Marcus Semien, Willy Adames, Giancarlo Stanton, George Springer, Dee Gordon, Victor Robles, Miguel Cabrera, Mallex Smith, Ryan McMahon, Brendan McKay, Franmil Reyes, Jo Adell & Keston Hiura as hitters. Gerrit Cole, Michael Fulmer, Jameson Taillon, Dallas Keuchel, Kyle Wright, Framber Valdez & Sonny Gray for pitchers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positions are 1 at each hitting position, plus 1 extra infielder, 1 extra outfielder and 2 utility spots. 6 SP's and 3 RP's. Can keep a max of 15 players. The players I have that I'm considering keeping (some are sure things, of course):
Matt Olson, Jose Altuve, Matt Chapman, Marcus Semien, Willy Adames, Giancarlo Stanton, George Springer, Dee Gordon, Victor Robles, Miguel Cabrera, Mallex Smith, Ryan McMahon, Brendan McKay, Franmil Reyes, Jo Adell & Keston Hiura as hitters. Gerrit Cole, Michael Fulmer, Jameson Taillon, Dallas Keuchel, Kyle Wright, Framber Valdez & Sonny Gray for pitchers.

so minor leaguers count as keepers??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Can keep 15 players and it can be any combination of Major Leaguers or Minor Leaguers.

well, that certainly lowers the value of minor leaguers... as they are not FREE keepers... so I would probably do this trade now... which I was going to recommend not to do it before...

But before you do it, I would check if you can get a decent SS for just adell and McKay... and see if you don't have to trade Robles...

But, Adames might be a decent SS... and right now, I wouldn't even be thinking about starting Dee Gordon in the OF...

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, that certainly lowers the value of minor leaguers... as they are not FREE keepers... so I would probably do this trade now... which I was going to recommend not to do it before...

But before you do it, I would check if you can get a decent SS for just adell and McKay... and see if you don't have to trade Robles...

But, Adames might be a decent SS... and right now, I wouldn't even be thinking about starting Dee Gordon in the OF...
That sounds like good advice. Thanks for your help!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like good advice. Thanks for your help!

I would also re-evaluate whether you actually are a win-now team... your rotation is pretty weak...

Biggest problem I find with dynasties, is that the talent is not equally distributed... the same teams are usually tops... Not sure if you are ready to compete with the big boys...

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also re-evaluate whether you actually are a win-now team... your rotation is pretty weak...

Biggest problem I find with dynasties, is that the talent is not equally distributed... the same teams are usually tops... Not sure if you are ready to compete with the big boys...
I may not be quite ready yet. But I have some pretty good young guys and a decent group of veterans. I think if I can trade away some of them for some veterans then I think my team can compete. I definitely agree that I need some pitching though. That's part of the plan to get some there. I also have some extra draft picks near the top of the draft. So I'm hoping to be able to add some decent role players there as well.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may not be quite ready yet. But I have some pretty good young guys and a decent group of veterans. I think if I can trade away some of them for some veterans then I think my team can compete. I definitely agree that I need some pitching though. That's part of the plan to get some there. I also have some extra draft picks near the top of the draft. So I'm hoping to be able to add some decent role players there as well.

at least your better than my team in my 16 team dynasty where we keep 20(minor leaguers count as keepers)... don't even want to post that team... even my prospects suck...

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least your better than my team in my 16 team dynasty where we keep 20(minor leaguers count as keepers)... don't even want to post that team... even my prospects suck...
Haha. I've been there before for sure. I think we all have at one point in time, lol.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do that easily. I believe Robles is a little over hyped.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. You said the same of me a couple years ago when you traded me deGrom. To the finals I went.

Upside, opportunity and luck is really all you need.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. You said the same of me a couple years ago when you traded me deGrom. To the finals I went.

Upside, opportunity and luck is really all you need.

Well that was also thanks to a terrible miss evaluation of degrom on my part. And you being able to pass some high upside that did not pan out at all to me.

Talking about that league. Damn my team is bad. And I can’t use the excuse that I took over that team anymore. This is like 4 seasons in for me.