• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Idea: Q-Pon to the Clips?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quincy Pondexter would be a good addition to the Clippers' small forward rotation, and he would come extremely cheap. Pondexter hasn't played since the conclusion of the 2015 season after undergoing two surgeries on his left knee, and New Orleans seemingly has little use for him after the big contract signing of Solomon Hill this summer. Pondexter is said to be targeting a return to game action sometime in November, though Pelicans GM Dell Demps seems inclined to push back that date even further, according to ESPN.

Before getting hurt, Pondexter had proven himself to be a capable wing defender who can knock down the open three. He had averaged 9.0 points, 3.1 rebounds, and 1.5 assists in 45 games for the Pelicans after arriving in a three-team trade from Memphis in a three-team trade back in January of 2015. He scored 25 points in a win over Brooklyn on 2/25/2015, so the ability is there with Pondexter if he could ever stay healthy.

Over the course of his career, Pondexter over the course of his career has been a quality role player for some playoff contending Hornets, Grizzlies, and Pelicans teams, as he also averaged 8.9 points and 2.5 rebounds while playing just under 24 minutes per game in 15 playoff games for Memphis in 2013 during their run to the conference finals. He has played with Chris Paul before and would make a good reclamation project that the contending Clippers could afford to bring along slowly. Pondexter, 28, has two years remaining on his deal at just over $3.5 million per season.

Take It All Away/Shove It In My Face :: Trade Idea: Q-Pon to the Clips?http://hurricanedij39.sportsblog.com/posts/26524003/trade-idea--q-pon-to-the-clips-.html

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Dorell Wright was added to the Clips training camp roster. I think he could have a real outside shot to make the team if his shooting is still what it used to be. He'd kind of be a perfect fit for a 3/D, assuming he's at least 80% of what he used to be.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for them to go after Will Barton.

If Gallo and Wilson Chandler are healthy, maybe the Nugs will be open to trading him.

They have several wing players at the 2 and 3.

Take him...He doesn't have the size of a 3 or the shooting ability of a 2, nor does he have the IQ to play on a contender. All he did last season was pad numbers on a team that had zero expectations of contending. I'd be willing to package him along with one of our many 2nd round picks for a future first rounder down the line.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Dorell Wright was added to the Clips training camp roster. I think he could have a real outside shot to make the team if his shooting is still what it used to be. He'd kind of be a perfect fit for a 3/D, assuming he's at least 80% of what he used to be.

From what I remember Dorell Wright was an extremely streaky player...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take him...He doesn't have the size of a 3 or the shooting ability of a 2, nor does he have the IQ to play on a contender. All he did last season was pad numbers on a team that had zero expectations of contending. I'd be willing to package him along with one of our many 2nd round picks for a future first rounder down the line.

Barton > Wesley Johnson, Pierce, Mbah Moute....combined.

They have ready been offered a 1st rounder and turned it down.

Maybe they are waiting to see if the other guys bodies hold up.

NBA Rumor Central: Nuggets turned down first-round picks for Barton

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

That's what I thought too.

With Beasley, Murray and Harris, sg minutes will be tight too.

Yeah, I see Murray coming off the bench this season behind Harris. Beasley is probably going to be squeezed out of minutes in Year 1, though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This surprises me, because he's going to be squeezed out of minutes this year unless Chandler and Gallo get hurt again.

When was the last time they weren't hurt? It's been a rough stretch for those two...