• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade For WR?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
BS the 49ers could have it worked into the deal the conditional pick can be changed within a certain time frame if Gordon is suspended.

:doh:

If the draft pick the Niners give has already been used by the time April rolls around, how are they going to change the terms? It's not like the Niners can ask for their pick back if he gets arrested for a DUI in May.

Anyone know how long the 1 year suspension is active? Does it expire within a period of time?

The next time he violates the substance abuse policy, he's gone for a year (as far as I understand). I don't think it matters if it's tomorrow or in 5 years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BS your talking out your ass the 49ers could have it worked into the deal the conditional pick can be changed within a certain time frame certainly beyond I year if Gordon is suspended again.

Anyone know how long the 1 year suspension is active? Does it expire within a period of time?

you talking about the trade with Cleveland, or Gordon's contract?

if its the trade, Cleveland won't take a deal where its conditional into next season? maybe it isn't allowable anyway?

if its Gordon's contract, yeah we'll get some of the money back, but he still won't be on the field? so this doesn't help us during our window.

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:

If the draft pick the Niners give has already been used by the time April rolls around, how are they going to change the terms? It's not like the Niners can ask for their pick back if he gets arrested for a DUI in May.

If you can't figure out how conditional picks work sucks to be you.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Are you talking to yourself here?

The conditions of a conditional pick become null and void once the actual pick has been made. What don't you understand about this?

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conditions of a conditional pick become null and void once the actual pick has been made.

90330f59_justin-timberlake-jizz-in-my-pants-12.jpg

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Clayton on ESPN last night answered some mailbag questions one was what are the 49ers doing to address the WR position?

Clayton said he did not see the 49ers trading for a WR that they are looking at street FA's and that there isn't much out there!

:L Hahahaha just get rid of Baalke already he is over rated as an NFL GM he has left the team void of WR talent that will cost us a playoff position during our SB window. We are not making the playoffs with this WR group. The AJ Jenkins bust pick while leaving studs on the board then passing over WR/KR Patterson in the 2013 draft is a huge red flag this fool can't evaluate WR talent to save his life. Get rid of fat boy Roman while their cleaning house too. Then give the arrogant stubborn prick Harbaugh 1 last chance with a real GM who can put together a legit NFL WR group with a real OC who knows how to game plan and call plays in the NFL. Fuck you Trent Baalke all you done is take over a team loaded with talent and fumble around with it. AJ Jenkins Ricardo Lockette Marlon Moore Kyle Williams Brett Swain Joe Hastings get the fuck outta town already you fool!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
John Clayton on ESPN last night answered some mailbag questions one was what are the 49ers doing to address the WR position?

Clayton said he did not see the 49ers trading for a WR that they are looking at street FA's and that there isn't much out there!

:L Hahahaha just get rid of Baalke already he is over rated as an NFL GM he has left the team void of WR talent that will cost us a playoff position during our SB window. We are not making the playoffs with this WR group. The AJ Jenkins bust pick while leaving studs on the board then passing over WR/KR Patterson in the 2013 draft is a huge red flag this fool can't evaluate WR talent to save his life. Get rid of fat boy Roman while their cleaning house too. Then give the arrogant stubborn prick Harbaugh 1 last chance with a real GM who can put together a legit NFL WR group with a real OC who knows how to game plan and call plays in the NFL. Fuck you Trent Baalke all you done is take over a team loaded with talent and fumble around with it. AJ Jenkins Ricardo Lockette Marlon Moore Kyle Williams Brett Swain Joe Hastings get the fuck outta town already you fool!!!!!!!

I think you're overreacting a bit. Baalke is a good GM. I wanted Robert Quinn back in 2011, but drafted Aldon instead. Quinn is a fierce pass rusher, but I don't think he would have been able to do as well as Aldon has done for us so far (off field issues aside). He's been great in getting us loads of draft picks. He's brilliant at that, it's a matter of getting the right players with those picks, that is the issue. It's not really an issue, it's just that we would want to see more consistency in regard to him nailing more impact players. I would not want to get rid of him at all whatsoever.

I didn't like DeAndre Hopkins in the first round at all (the only two players I wanted were Austin and Patterson), but I thought he was a much better prospect than AJ Jenkins by a wide margin when evaluating them at that point of their lives with regard to when they were leaving the collegiate level. Yet, AJ went in the first and you pass on Hopkins? Head scratcher...! Anyway, I didn't care about Hopkins in the first at all whatsoever, I'm just trying to illustrate the fact that Baalke shows no consistency when evaluating players. What gave them any kind of inclination that Ian Williams, a career backup was ready to anchor our line (very little depth behind him). I'm know they evaluate their players at practice, but c'mon man (Chris Carter / Keyshawn Johnson's voice) at least have an insurance policy in the form of a John Jenkins.

In sum, I think he is a very good GM and at this point, I wouldn't trade him for anyone other than Ozzie. His chemistry / great rapport with Harbaugh, the owner, and Paraag Marathe is being overlooked by you IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, NFL teams are both "aware and leery" of Josh Gordon's off-field issues.

Gordon is in the NFL's program, having already served a two-game suspension this season after testing positive for codeine. He is one strike away from a season-long ban. It's may keep Gordon's value on the trade market down a little, but more performances like the one he put on in Week 3 will tempt potential suitors. He's 22 years old, 6'4/220 and reminds of Andre Johnson. Schefter reiterates that the Browns are seeking "worthwhile" compensation in a deal for Gordon. The trade deadline is Oct. 29.
Source: ESPN.com

Sep 26 - 10:04 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Little - WR - Browns

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Browns have "fielded calls" on Greg Little.

As previously reported, Little "can be had for the right price." We can't imagine that price is anything more than a late-round pick. Plagued by a severe case of the dropsies and poor quarterback play throughout his career, Little is averaging just 3.5 catches for 40.9 yards with six touchdowns in his first 35 NFL games. The NFL's trade deadline is Oct. 29.
Source: ESPN.com

Sep 26 - 9:58 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

Josh Gordon says coach Rob Chudzinski told him the Browns have no intentions of trading him.

Perhaps, but the Browns leaked dirt on Gordon through the media this offseason, and did not stand behind him publicly through his two-game suspension ordeal. If they don't trade him, it's not because they want to keep Gordon. It's because the offers they received weren't enough. "[Chud] texted me the other day talking about it and just reassuring me there were no trade offers or anything like that," Gordon said. "The fact that [Chud] said there wasn’t [a plan to trade me], it makes me feel a little more comfortable."
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

Sep 25 - 8:24 PM

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a name to throw out. What about Nate Washington. The guy puts up ok numbers while never having a QB. Tenn would trade him for a 3rd or 4th rd pick. The guy has good hands and he is a Vet. Some one we can trust.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Very disappointed to awake this am and read that Baalke and Harbaugh have still not made a trade for Josh Gordon or Kenny Britt! But then again maybe i shouldn't be so surprised as these are the same 2 evaluators who drafted AJ Jenkins over Doug Martin Stephen Hill & Alshon Jeffery and the same 2 evaluators who drafted in the late second round the midget LaFumble James over a 1st round graded WR in Rueben Randle. These are the same 2 evaluators responsible for the 49ers 2012 draft that ranks amongst the worst in NFL history.

Mark my words 49ers SB window is right now and we will not make the playoffs with the status quo WR Group! The 49ers can not just sit back and wait for Crabtree & Manningham to return. The opposition will game plan and shut down our scrub laden WR core and a wild card spot in a very good NFC will be toast. A trade for preferably Josh Gordon needs to be made right now...today...the Lions and Patriots are also in the hunt for Gordon. Baalke & Harbaugh's stubborn arrogant stupidity is really starting to piss me off. Crabtree underwent surgery May 22nd that's over 4 months ago Baalke and Harbaugh have had ample time to replace him and have failed.

69669099.jpg

They're also the two evaluators responsible for the 2011 draft, which looks like one of the better drafts in NFL history.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yes, it must suck to be you. This is the pot calling the silverware black. You obviously don't understand conditional picks even a little.

Out of curiosity, how do you think this type of pick works? Let's say we ship a second that can become a third in the event of off-field trouble to the Browns in return for Josh Gordon. Gordon stays clean this year. The Browns use our second-round pick in April. In May, Gordon gets into trouble and is suspended for the 2014 season. What happens with the pick we traded and that the Browns have now used?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I seen Gordon play on Sunday he is lights out better than any healthy WR on the 49ers roster including Boldin. Big fast gets separation good hands a beast at 6'3 225lbs. His game totals were very impressive 10-146-1td. Perfect big target speedy wideout for Kap.

As far as what to give up in a trade to get Gordon there are a lot of factors to consider. First off if this kid didn't have off field issues and a 1 year suspension hanging over him he would not even be on the market he has all the skills to be a legit #1 or #2 NFL WR. Other factors what are other teams offering and is the player committed to stay clean going forward. If the kid can stay clean this is a great way to pick up a #1 beast WR on the cheap. We can fit Gordon under the cap.

Trade Offer Options: If i'm the 49ers and i sincerely believe Gordon wants to stay clean and is willing to ball out for the 49ers and be an NFL pro going forward i would give up a 1st round pick to get him no problem. But I would start off offering a 2nd and go from there listen to what other offers the Browns are getting and try and beat other teams offer but max it out at a 1st round pick because of the 1 year suspension factor. Browns need help at RB if they are interested in James i'd work him into a deal.

Way to hedge. As Bingo asks, how can you possibly know these things prior to making a move? Most GMs would make great moves if they knew whether the player will stay clean, what other teams were offering, and how committed the player would be to the team. Newsflash: they almost never know these things.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

And you accused me of being a troll yesterday? That's a good one.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny because i was watching the Britt situation lately and thought right off the bat SanFran would be looking at him.

I said before i still do not understand why your guys staff did not go for some speedy type player,does not even have to be great hands just a deep threat to open up Bolden more.