• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade For WR?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a few weeks ago, somebody who broke down film said Kaep doesn't throw WR's open. he also said Kaep doesn't make big plays when he breaks out of the pocket. yesterday's game wasn't a good sample but still, you could see a LITTLE of it?

yes, his receivers weren't WIDE open, but you'd think he could 'anticipate' better? if he throws it the right time, some of those can be had. he broke the pocket more than a few times, but never got a big play? granted he ran for first downs which IS good, but no downfield, big, momentum swinging plays.

something to keep in mind Thursday.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

The Lions have talked with multiple teams about receivers available for a possible trade.

With Nate Burleson (arm) out indefinitely, the Lions are looking to upgrade at wide receiver. Josh Gordon and Greg Little are both reportedly being shopped and are possible trade candidates. Contract-year WR Kenny Britt has been phased out of the Titans offense and could also be available. Related: Greg Little, Lions, Kenny Britt
Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter

Sep 24 - 11:36 AM

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really doubt we're making a move at WR with the idea of MM & Crabtree returning....

plus I doubt we make A move.... like a fucking NT and now, maybe pass rusher...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see us land a NT. hard to do but you never know. I just don't get why we don't give Seymore a chance. Pick him up. He cant hurt.

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

The Lions have talked with multiple teams about receivers available for a possible trade.

With Nate Burleson (arm) out indefinitely, the Lions are looking to upgrade at wide receiver. Josh Gordon and Greg Little are both reportedly being shopped and are possible trade candidates. Contract-year WR Kenny Britt has been phased out of the Titans offense and could also be available. Related: Greg Little, Lions, Kenny Britt
Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter

Sep 24 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the update on Gordon and Britt Bingo. Baalke needs to be more pro active as an NFL GM whenever and wherever the team needs help and i ain't talkin about picking up scrubs. Only swapping 1st round busts Jenkins for Baldwin is as lame as it gets.

Our Super Bowl window is right now we have lots of picks to deal with Gordon or Britt have been on the block one of them should be in a 49ers jersey right now. An NFL team ultimately needs 3-4 really good rotating WR's to make a SB run there could even be more injuries and there are no assurances Crabtree & Manningham can return to form. A healthy WR group of Boldin Gordon Crabtree & Manningham would be great going into the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see us land a NT. hard to do but you never know. I just don't get why we don't give Seymore a chance. Pick him up. He cant hurt.

he dont play NT lol...

if Cleveland is in a real firesale... I'd be calling for Taylor

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter 22 Sep
Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

Very disappointed to awake this am and read that Baalke and Harbaugh have still not made a trade for Josh Gordon or Kenny Britt! But then again maybe i shouldn't be so surprised as these are the same 2 evaluators who drafted AJ Jenkins over Doug Martin Stephen Hill & Alshon Jeffery and the same 2 evaluators who drafted in the late second round the midget LaFumble James over a 1st round graded WR in Rueben Randle. These are the same 2 evaluators responsible for the 49ers 2012 draft that ranks amongst the worst in NFL history.

Mark my words 49ers SB window is right now and we will not make the playoffs with the status quo WR Group! The 49ers can not just sit back and wait for Crabtree & Manningham to return. The opposition will game plan and shut down our scrub laden WR core and a wild card spot in a very good NFC will be toast. A trade for preferably Josh Gordon needs to be made right now...today...the Lions and Patriots are also in the hunt for Gordon. Baalke & Harbaugh's stubborn arrogant stupidity is really starting to piss me off. Crabtree underwent surgery May 22nd that's over 4 months ago Baalke and Harbaugh have had ample time to replace him and have failed.

69669099.jpg

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very disappointed to awake this am and read that Baalke and Harbaugh have still not made a trade for Josh Gordon or Kenny Britt! But then again maybe i shouldn't be so surprised as these are the same 2 evaluators who drafted AJ Jenkins over Doug Martin Stephen Hill & Alshon Jeffery and the same 2 evaluators who drafted in the late second round the midget LaFumble James over a 1st round graded WR in Rueben Randle. These are the same 2 evaluators responsible for the 49ers 2012 draft that ranks amongst the worst in NFL history.

Mark my words 49ers SB window is right now and we will not make the playoffs with the status quo WR Group! The 49ers can not just sit back and wait for Crabtree & Manningham to return. The opposition will game plan and shut down our scrub laden WR core and a wild card spot in a very good NFC will be toast. A trade for preferably Josh Gordon needs to be made right now...today...the Lions and Patriots are also in the hunt for Gordon. Baalke & Harbaugh's stubborn arrogant stupidity is really starting to piss me off. Crabtree underwent surgery May 22nd that's over 4 months ago Baalke and Harbaugh have had ample time to replace him and have failed.

69669099.jpg

how high a draft pick, or picks, would you give up? assume we pick mid 20's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the update on Gordon and Britt Bingo. Baalke needs to be more pro active as an NFL GM whenever and wherever the team needs help and i ain't talkin about picking up scrubs. Only swapping 1st round busts Jenkins for Baldwin is as lame as it gets.

Our Super Bowl window is right now we have lots of picks to deal with Gordon or Britt have been on the block one of them should be in a 49ers jersey right now. An NFL team ultimately needs 3-4 really good rotating WR's to make a SB run there could even be more injuries and there are no assurances Crabtree & Manningham can return to form. A healthy WR group of Boldin Gordon Crabtree & Manningham would be great going into the playoffs.

we all recognize the window is already open, but IMO it isn't going out and getting more players, its getting current players back in the right mind set. easier said than done, but that's the immediate goal. was hoping that Seattle lost would 'jolt' them back to 'blue collar', but it didn't.

unless we get a WR that clearly better than all our receivers - including injured - why do it? if we are able to trade for this 'clearly better' WR, he won't be cheap.

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how high a draft pick, or picks, would you give up? assume we pick mid 20's.

I seen Gordon play on Sunday he is lights out better than any healthy WR on the 49ers roster including Boldin. Big fast gets separation good hands a beast at 6'3 225lbs. His game totals were very impressive 10-146-1td. Perfect big target speedy wideout for Kap.

As far as what to give up in a trade to get Gordon there are a lot of factors to consider. First off if this kid didn't have off field issues and a 1 year suspension hanging over him he would not even be on the market he has all the skills to be a legit #1 or #2 NFL WR. Other factors what are other teams offering and is the player committed to stay clean going forward. If the kid can stay clean this is a great way to pick up a #1 beast WR on the cheap. We can fit Gordon under the cap.

Trade Offer Options: If i'm the 49ers and i sincerely believe Gordon wants to stay clean and is willing to ball out for the 49ers and be an NFL pro going forward i would give up a 1st round pick to get him no problem. But I would start off offering a 2nd and go from there listen to what other offers the Browns are getting and try and beat other teams offer but max it out at a 1st round pick because of the 1 year suspension factor. Browns need help at RB if they are interested in James i'd work him into a deal.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I seen Gordon play on Sunday he is lights out better than any healthy WR on the 49ers roster including Boldin. Big fast gets separation good hands a beast at 6'3 225lbs. His game totals were very impressive 10-146-1td. Perfect big target speedy wideout for Kap.

As far as what to give up in a trade to get Gordon there are a lot of factors to consider. First off if this kid didn't have off field issues and a 1 year suspension hanging over him he would not even be on the market he has all the skills to be a legit #1 or #2 NFL WR. Other factors what are other teams offering and is the player committed to stay clean going forward. If the kid can stay clean this is a great way to pick up a #1 beast WR on the cheap. We can fit Gordon under the cap.

Trade Offer Options: If i'm the 49ers and i sincerely believe Gordon wants to stay clean and is willing to ball out for the 49ers and be an NFL pro going forward i would give up a 1st round pick to get him no problem. But I would start off offering a 2nd and go from there listen to what other offers the Browns are getting and try and beat other teams offer but max it out at a 1st round pick because of the 1 year suspension factor. Browns need help at RB if they are interested in James i'd work him into a deal.

Why are people are just now starting to rave about Gordon. I've been saying this sh8t for over a year now, before he even played his first snap as a pro:
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/2120072-post4.html

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people are just now starting to rave about Gordon. I've been saying this sh8t for over a year now, before he even played his first snap as a pro:
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/2120072-post4.html

Just seen Josh Gordon play for the 1st time on Sunday BINGO am in complete agreement with your 2012 evaluation the kid has the skillset to be a #1 NFL WR and the 49ers need to make a deal for Gordon right now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ok, no problem with it, and thanks for being specific.

obviously, you have a HIGH opinion of Gordon and hence this opinion. for others who don't share that view, a 1st is a high price. for me, don't know Gordon well enough to opine on his value.

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, no problem with it, and thanks for being specific.

obviously, you have a HIGH opinion of Gordon and hence this opinion. for others who don't share that view, a 1st is a high price. for me, don't know Gordon well enough to opine on his value.

Bottom line if you can get a 22 year old beast WR with #1 potential for a mid to late 1st round pick you do the deal, if the player commits to staying clean.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bottom line if you can get a 22 year old beast WR with #1 potential for a mid to late 1st round pick you do the deal, if the player commits to staying clean.

Like if he pinky swears?

I think the Browns trading Greg Little would be 10 times more likely, and that probably won't even happen. And Little is apparently just as big of a dumbass.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With a yr suspension hanging over his head. No damn way u give up a 1st 4 his azz.

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a yr suspension hanging over his head. No damn way u give up a 1st 4 his azz.

49ers make any draft picks given up for Gordon conditional on Gordon staying clean.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
49ers make any draft picks given up for Gordon conditional on Gordon staying clean.

That condition would only help the Niners if he got busted his first season with the team. His 2nd & after: the Niners are SOL.

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That condition would only help the Niners if he got busted his first season with the team. His 2nd & after: the Niners are SOL.

BS your talking out your ass the 49ers could have it worked into the deal the conditional pick can be changed within a certain time frame certainly beyond I year if Gordon is suspended again.

Anyone know how long the 1 year suspension is active? Does it expire within a period of time?