• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to MLB.com, Archie Bradley is now listed as the 7th best prospect in all of baseball and Xander Bogaerts is listed as number 6. I am surprised that Bogaerts is that high.

2013 Prospect Watch | MLB.com: News

His numbers are not even as good as Owings.

Bogaerts is batting .295 with 59 rbi's this year combined in his two leagues, and Owings is batting .346 with 67 rbi's in triple A. Owings average is 51 points higher and he has 8 more rbi's.

And I think there is also a major difference between trading a short stop like Bogaerts versus trading a starting pitcher like Bradley.

The d'backs have so many players besides Bradley that are top prospects. Some sort of combination of Skaggs, Holmberg, Owings, or Davidson, and Kennedy and/or Cahill thrown in is a fantastic package. The Phillies would have to pick up half of Lee's contract though.
Owing's numbers are inflated by playing the PCL.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk.... do you think Ken Kendrick can convince Milton Bradley Company to let him buy them? If we do get them, we better keep the rights to battleship. I love that game.

You sunk my Dbacks battleship.

Damn...if only I had stayed on this thread. You beat mr to the punch!

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously can't say I know for sure, cause I'm just some nobody on the internet but I honestly don't think the Phils would talk to us unless we were willing to give up Bradley.

You see too many articles like this:

Cliff Lee is on the market, but price is said to be enormous - CBSSports.com

Just because they convinced themselves there is no reason to trade him. They are going to risk him sucking / getting hurt and trade him in the off-season or next year. I think that's kind of a bad choice, but they believe its an easy and correct one.

As for Bogaerts, the fact is he is already being talked about like he is Hanley Ramirez with a good attitude and work ethic. Every scout that you see get interviewed about him, seems like they jack off to him every night. I would bet lots of vCash, that I don't have, on him being the number 1 ranked prospect very soon. I never seen him play so I don't know, but they are convinced he is a "sure bet".

Owings numbers are definitely inflated by the extremely hitter friendly PCL. But in all honesty, I still think he is going to be very good. Maybe even better than Didi good. In the games I have seen of his, he makes really good contact to all sides of the field and does have some pop in his bat. I can see him hitting .285 with 20 HR and 20 SB and good defense. I wouldn't mind seeing him here at 2B if Hill has to move on.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the PCL.... Spruill is pitching in that league and hasn't given up a run in 30+ innings..... Bring him up now!

I know some guys that go through that league are for real (Goldy) but others like Conor Jackson, looked like stars there. Any pitcher that does good in the PCL should be getting at least a shot in the majors. FREE SPRUILL!

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, 20 SB for Davidson? Scouting report said he is a 2/8 at running.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.285 as a rookie or in his prime?

Early in his career. In his prime I could see him being a .300 hitter, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he stayed around the .280s either. It will all depend on his walks and strikeouts. Right now he has 16 walks and 87 strikouts. He really needs to work on that.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, 20 SB for Davidson? Scouting report said he is a 2/8 at running.

No I meant 20 SB for Owings. I'm trying to find where I said Davidson so I can edit it, but I can't find it. Davidson is definitely not a 20 SB guy.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake, I totally read Owings as Davidson.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake, I totally read Owings as Davidson.

Its cool, NP.

BTW its been like 2 weeks now that you posted that FREE MATT DAVIDSON thread and we haven't even heard anything of them considering it. I hope they do it if they move some of these guys.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the would even keep Kubel, release him no matter what. It's not like he's a difference maker either way. Also, do you think Bloomquist and Pennington are gone at the end of the year to possibly make room for Owings/Davidson if they're not already up or still in our organization?

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why the would even keep Kubel, release him no matter what. It's not like he's a difference maker either way. Also, do you think Bloomquist and Pennington are gone at the end of the year to possibly make room for Owings/Davidson if they're not already up or still in our organization?

If they keep Kubel, Gibby is just going to keep putting him in the lineup because of his "power potential".

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the answer to that will be. I know they like Owings now, but I don't know if they will be afraid that his value will drop if they just use him as a utility guy, since Didi and Hill are here. Davidson I think will replace someone, I just don't know who. Bloomy and Pennington are basically the same player though, so I think one will be gone and it will probably be Bloomquist. Especially since Pennington is actually playing decent right now.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the answer to that will be. I know they like Owings now, but I don't know if they will be afraid that his value will drop if they just use him as a utility guy, since Didi and Hill are here. Davidson I think will replace someone, I just don't know who. Bloomy and Pennington are basically the same player though, so I think one will be gone and it will probably be Bloomquist. Especially since Pennington is actually playing decent right now.

Davidson will replace Kubel. Owings will replace Hill. I don't think that Hill will be on this team past next season.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck home runs, I just want to see this team score runs anyway they can. STL is 27th in home runs any they have the best offense in the NL, I would take a .300 contact hitter over a .250 slugger.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloomquist isn't that useful anymore, especially since Prado can play multiple positions. I want Hill gone this winter if he isn't hitting above .300.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is signed through 2016, but if the team wanted him gone, I'm sure they could find a taker.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is signed through 2016, but if the team wanted him gone, I'm sure they could find a taker.

He's not going to hit the way he did in 2012. With Owings in the minors, the team may be more willing to deal him at some point (not this season, though). Lots of teams would jump for a solid hitter with a couple years of team control.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Kennedy explaining his latest poor performance due to being mentally distracted hearing about possibly being traded can't be good for contenders looking for someone who can perform and has mental toughness (now Ian has neither). I have a bad feeling he's not going anywhere. The season has that fading into nothingness feeling to it.