• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davidson will be good but I have my concerns, his K rate is too high, he is a statue at 3B, and his average isn't that impressive considering he plays in the PCL.

You sound like Keith Law evaluating Goldy at 1st a couple years ago. ;)

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team hates Kennedy you can tell, when he is shown in the dugout he is often alone. And I know the rest of the team hates him for igniting the Dodgers and jump starting their season. Not to mention he is a terrible pitcher on top of that.

Yeah I have never seen a pitcher get lit up in the first inning nearly every game like he does. Cahill had that problem last year but it was nothing like Kennedy this year.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee, Corbin, Delgado, Cahill, Miley. That's a nice rotation. Add Bradley in the future and we could have three potential aces. Though I'm not completely sold on Corbin being an "ace" just yet.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good more "realistic" deadline at this point for the DBacks would be to get rid of Kennedy and Kubel for relievers. Then bring up Davidson or Owings and Spruill and hope we get a boost from someone.

God please KT trade Ian and Kubel. If anyone even wants them anymore, give them away and take in the cost of the contracts, I don't care, just kick them out.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like Keith Law evaluating Goldy at 1st a couple years ago. ;)

Bahahaha :clap:

Yeah I have never seen a pitcher get lit up in the first inning nearly every game like he does. Cahill had that problem last year but it was nothing like Kennedy this year.

I saw someone tweet that his ERA in the first inning is like 8.00+ ERA.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no clue Hernandez was Fausto Carmona, kick him out for identity theft.

CrustyAvacado

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all need to be in the war room with KT right now and make some trades. We ourselves could get this Lee deal done.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you call the Phils about Lee and don't start the sentence with Archie Bradley they would laugh and hang up on us. They have him under contract till the end of next year. If you want him now you have to give up your number 1 prospect or you can wait until next year and the price will have gone down.... a bit.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, do you think anyone on the west coast, or for that matter outside of the south, gives any fucks about Johnny Manziel?

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies wanted Bogaerts, no way they would take less than Bradley.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davidson will be the spark, look at the Dodgers when they called up Puig, look at Tampa when they called up Myers, Davidson might not be as good as Myers but he can have the same impact.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies wanted Bogaerts, no way they would take less than Bradley.

Exactly, They wouldn't talk to the Red Sox unless they were willing to trade Bogaerts (Better prospect than even Bradley). Of course Red Sox were smart not to talk to them any further. Phils are in no rush to trade Lee. They have no problem keeping him and trading him in the winter or next trade deadline.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davidson will be the spark, look at the Dodgers when they called up Puig, look at Tampa when they called up Myers, Davidson might not be as good as Myers but he can have the same impact.

You need to go be our GM and tell KT to stop fucking around and release Kubel and bring up Davidson already.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can send them Milton Bradley instead?

Idk.... do you think Ken Kendrick can convince Milton Bradley Company to let him buy them? If we do get them, we better keep the rights to battleship. I love that game.

You sunk my Dbacks battleship.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to MLB.com, Archie Bradley is now listed as the 7th best prospect in all of baseball and Xander Bogaerts is listed as number 6. I am surprised that Bogaerts is that high.

2013 Prospect Watch | MLB.com: News

His numbers are not even as good as Owings.

Bogaerts is batting .295 with 59 rbi's this year combined in his two leagues, and Owings is batting .346 with 67 rbi's in triple A. Owings average is 51 points higher and he has 8 more rbi's.

And I think there is also a major difference between trading a short stop like Bogaerts versus trading a starting pitcher like Bradley.

The d'backs have so many players besides Bradley that are top prospects. Some sort of combination of Skaggs, Holmberg, Owings, or Davidson, and Kennedy and/or Cahill thrown in is a fantastic package. The Phillies would have to pick up half of Lee's contract though.