• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as the Trade Deadline draws near the Broncos are being linked to quite a few players at this point.

I guess last month the Broncos contacted the Browns about possibly acquiring Joe Thomas in a trade but the trade ended up going nowhere. With some of the struggles of this past week the possibility of this trade I am sure will be one to watch. My guess is in the end the Broncos decide against it with knowing Franklin is coming back and the fact that Clark has done a very nice job other than this past week filling in for Clady.

Other names being thrown out there are Jared Allen (if there is one guy I would want that has been linked to the Broncos it would be this guy. He would be perfect for this locker room plus an outstanding addition to the DL) and Jason Babin. Obviously the Broncos are looking for pass rushers to help out. They brought in Mark Anderson earlier this week to see how he is looking so I could see the Broncos being aggressive to possibly make a trade.

Now given all of these are rumors that in the end will probably not happen but hey they are fun to think about.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as the Trade Deadline draws near the Broncos are being linked to quite a few players at this point.

I guess last month the Broncos contacted the Browns about possibly acquiring Joe Thomas in a trade but the trade ended up going nowhere. With some of the struggles of this past week the possibility of this trade I am sure will be one to watch. My guess is in the end the Broncos decide against it with knowing Franklin is coming back and the fact that Clark has done a very nice job other than this past week filling in for Clady.

Other names being thrown out there are Jared Allen (if there is one guy I would want that has been linked to the Broncos it would be this guy. He would be perfect for this locker room plus an outstanding addition to the DL) and Jason Babin. Obviously the Broncos are looking for pass rushers to help out. They brought in Mark Anderson earlier this week to see how he is looking so I could see the Broncos being aggressive to possibly make a trade.

Now given all of these are rumors that in the end will probably not happen but hey they are fun to think about.

All three of the guys you mention are intriguing. I won't be surprised if Elway makes a move to significantly upgrade either or both the pass rush and o-line.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts that anything happens. However, the mere thought of Jared Allen suiting up for the Broncos against the Chiefs is at least entertaining.:nod:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts that anything happens. However, the mere thought of Jared Allen suiting up for the Broncos against the Chiefs is at least entertaining.:nod:

LOL That's probably a more realistic way of thinking about things.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL That's probably a more realistic way of thinking about things.

Yes, but just imagine a defensive front with Miller on one side, Allen on the other, M. Jackson, Knighton, up the middle, with Phillips, and Wolfe in the mix..... <Pardon me while I clean the drool off my keyboard>

Could be possible if the contract is reworked (not a requirement, but advisable), and Elway is so inclined. I still think nothing happens, but the rumors are persistent. (And imagine the collective load we'd put in the rest of the AFC West's pants):suds:

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HOPE TO GOD WE COULD SOME HOW GET ALLEN... nuff said lol

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lot of tire kicking around the league with nobody buying. I'm thinking prices were prolly too high for any big trades to materialize.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the deadline now passed, apparently nothing happened. Thats a shame, I think all parties involved would have been helped by a Allen/Denver trade