• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am betting the deal goes down today. Both sides have reason to make it happen. But if I am Philly, I call Brooklyn's bluff. No reason to include Maxey and Thybulle. If Brooklyn holds out for more than Simmons, Curry and a salary piece like Isaiah Joe or Jaden Springer, I wait until this summer, when Harden is going to opt out and hit the market anyway. Both sides have leverage, but limited leverage. For Brooklyn it is the knowledge that Simmons isn't even on the court while Embiid is playing like MVP of the league and wasting his prime. For Philly it is the knowledge that Brooklyn is going to lose Harden after this season anyway. Quite a stare down!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think my fellow Sixers fans have fully considered the impact of Curry going in this deal. Both Embiid and Harden need three-point shooting around them. If Curry goes you're left with Georges Niang being the best three-point shooter on your team. Toby is not a catch-and-shoot guy. He's failed when asked to be that player. Additionally, you accept the fact that Simmons to the Nets makes them a better more complete team and fixes their poor roster construction. It's insane to help them replace Joe Harris' funky injury that is not healing well when you let them put a shooter around Kyrie and KD to make up for what they lost. Curry is a must not send in most any deal but especially in this deal.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think my fellow Sixers fans have fully considered the impact of Curry going in this deal. Both Embiid and Harden need three-point shooting around them. If Curry goes you're left with Georges Niang being the best three-point shooter on your team. Toby is not a catch-and-shoot guy. He's failed when asked to be that player. Additionally, you accept the fact that Simmons to the Nets makes them a better more complete team and fixes their poor roster construction. It's insane to help them replace Joe Harris' funky injury that is not healing well when you let them put a shooter around Kyrie and KD to make up for what they lost. Curry is a must not send in most any deal but especially in this deal.
If they send Curry, we might get Patty Mills back in the deal. I would be ok with that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either we have a ton of trades right at the deadline or the Pacers-Kings deal and LeVert deal was the highlight of this deadline. I hope we see all hell break loose other than the Harden-Simmons swap

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am betting the deal goes down today. Both sides have reason to make it happen. But if I am Philly, I call Brooklyn's bluff. No reason to include Maxey and Thybulle. If Brooklyn holds out for more than Simmons, Curry and a salary piece like Isaiah Joe or Jaden Springer, I wait until this summer, when Harden is going to opt out and hit the market anyway. Both sides have leverage, but limited leverage. For Brooklyn it is the knowledge that Simmons isn't even on the court while Embiid is playing like MVP of the league and wasting his prime. For Philly it is the knowledge that Brooklyn is going to lose Harden after this season anyway. Quite a stare down!

I didn't look at all the details, but if Philly doesn't have to give up future drafts picks, why not?

Is Embiid and Harden enough to win?

Probably not, but it could get you to Eastern Conference finals I think.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either we have a ton of trades right at the deadline or the Pacers-Kings deal and LeVert deal was the highlight of this deadline. I hope we see all hell break loose other than the Harden-Simmons swap
Slackers… Always trying to get shit done at the last minute.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as if someone just wanted to remove the roof of their mouth without at least a little flavor to enjoy
haha....have always said Fruity Pebbles one of my favorite cereals as it does not slice up the roof of your mouth....and they are delicious.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahahahaha

bringing back Schroeder would crack me up

the Lakers fans can have a contest who they hate on more- Schroeder or RW.

I mean- RW would win- but it would be fun. lol.
From reports they opted to get Nunn with the MLE instead of Schroder, who was willing to take the backup role to RW too. Yikes

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers give up that '27 1st round pick... they can have Schroder plus a fresh pot of clam chowder... done deal.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All hell breaks loose the last 2 hours of deadline.....LOL.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised Harden wants out....just how fast it happened.