• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. That's what he did last year. If only his toe were an inch shorter.
wtf files GIF

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I didn't like the trade even before they made it. I thought it wiped out their depth for a guy who may not mix.

Now...I will say I thought the Lakers did very well with low budget free agents and I thought they had the depth they needed.
Along with Russ not meshing its surprising just how bad some of the free agents have been. They crushed it with Monk. Anthony was solid. The rest have been garbage.

Same. I understood, but didn't necessarily agree with the reasoning behind the trade, unfortunately for the Lakers, the reasoning just hasn't worked out.

To be completely fair to Russ and the situation, the Lakers have had Russ, Lebron and AD all available at the same time, only 18 games this season. Add in that Ariza has only been available for about 20 games, Lebron missed 17, AD missed 21 and Nunn hasn't played, etc. a lot of guys have been put into roles they weren't expecting to play. But, they are professionals and should be able to adjust better than they have.

Russ has seen his role fluctuate more than anyone. Hopefully the Lakers can stay healthy the rest of the way and see if they can stuff figured out by the playoffs.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. I understood, but didn't necessarily agree with the reasoning behind the trade, unfortunately for the Lakers, the reasoning just hasn't worked out.

To be completely fair to Russ and the situation, the Lakers have had Russ, Lebron and AD all available at the same time, only 18 games this season. Add in that Ariza has only been available for about 20 games, Lebron missed 17, AD missed 21 and Nunn hasn't played, etc. a lot of guys have been put into roles they weren't expecting to play. But, they are professionals and should be able to adjust better than they have.

Russ has seen his role fluctuate more than anyone. Hopefully the Lakers can stay healthy the rest of the way and see if they can stuff figured out by the playoffs.
I definitely can’t put all of this on Russ, that’s for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Marks gets more than just a Simmons-Green/Curry package then the Nets are going to be a huge problem for a long time.

PLEASE NO TRADE

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That OKC-Harris rumor is delicious. If they need to take on salary, maybe Philly can find a way to dump Harris and get the max contract opening for future years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons, Curry, Joe, 1st for Harden

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why you only give them Simmons and salary filler to make it work. Morey is a fool if he gives up either Maxey, Thybulle or Curry. Stand pat and put a deadline of tonight on things. If no deal then you send Harris to OKC to shed salary. You deal Simmons for a salary purge this summer and you have the cap space to add Harden without a sign and trade.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why you only give them Simmons and salary filler to make it work. Morey is a fool if he gives up either Maxey, Thybulle or Curry. Stand pat and put a deadline of tonight on things. If no deal then you send Harris to OKC to shed salary. You deal Simmons for a salary purge this summer and you have the cap space to add Harden without a sign and trade.

Can see Curry or Thybulle but no 1st. Maxey is laughable.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can see Curry or Thybulle but no 1st. Maxey is laughable.
If they send Curry there’s no point to any of this. You need shooting around Embiid/Harden and he’s the only legit shooter on the squad.