• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They believe Simons is at least as good as powell if not McCollum. Or on that track.

Now they also have 2 top 10 picks and oodles of cap space

I can see that, but what is Lillard moving forward? And can they use that cap space appropriately? Last time, not so much.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on your point of view...

Yeah, as I've said before, a team that is looking to blow it up...but still wants to put butts in seats would be a possible trade partner for Westbrook. He's fun too watch and isn't likely to increase your win total enough to hurt your lottery odds too much.

I doubt they will be able to move him (maybe in the off-season or next year when he is $47 million of expiring contract), but that's likely the only way he can get moved before the deadline.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as I've said before, a team that is looking to blow it up...but still wants to put butts in seats would be a possible trade partner for Westbrook. He's fun too watch and isn't likely to increase your win total enough to hurt your lottery odds too much.

I doubt they will be able to move him (maybe in the off-season or next year when he is $47 million of expiring contract), but that's likely the only way he can get moved before the deadline.

So…the Knicks lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers need to believe that Russ and two unprotected firsts gets them a better player than Fournier and matching deals this summer

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that the teams that are only looking to put butts in the seats probably don't have 40 million dollars worth contracts they could/would deal to get Westbrook.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks lol
They would give Randle away at this point. It's the only team that makes sense bc they are dumb + they have bad contracts.

The Lakers would have to suffer from taking back two bad contracts but will that make up for Westbrook?

Fournier, Randle, Kemba for RW, Bazemore + 1st(s)

If that isn't enough they would have to throw in THT for another contract

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need to believe that Russ and two unprotected firsts gets them a better player than Fournier and matching deals this summer

Agree. They have to keep trying because teams sometimes get stupid at the deadline. But I think their best chance will be in the off-season. Probably can put together something a little better thought out too.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would give Randle away at this point. It's the only team that makes sense bc they are dumb + they have bad contracts.

The Lakers would have to suffer from taking back two bad contracts but will that make up for Westbrook?

Fournier, Randle, Kemba for RW, Bazemore + 1st

At least Fournier, Randle and Kemba would fit better.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fournier, Randle, Kemba for RW, Bazemore + 1st

If the Lakers pulled that off that would be impressive

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. They have to keep trying because teams sometimes get stupid at the deadline. But I think they're best chance will be in the off-season. Probably can put together something a little better thought out too.

I mean they wanted Hield.

Fournier vs. Hield isn't a wild difference IMO.

Fourner and Kemba get you most of the way there salary wise I think.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they wanted Hield.

Fournier vs. Hield isn't a wild difference IMO.

Fourner and Kemba get you most of the way there salary wise I think.
Only $27M of the $44M

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fournier, Randle, Kemba for RW, Bazemore + 1st(s)

I think they’d keep randle.

Jmo though