• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something on a Phoenix site saying some Cleveland players want Markieff Morris from PHX.

Not saying we'd get Love, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us help facilitate a 3 way deal where Love goes to team C and Morris to Cleveland along with other pieces of course.

Hoping we can sneak in a get some young talent or picks out of this. If Boston is willing to deal the Brooklyn pick I could see PHX going all in and dealing Morris, Knight, Len, CLE's 1st round pick in some sort of 3 way. Maybe:

PHX- Brooklyn's 1st round pick via BOS, David Lee's expiring contract, Iman Shumpart, & Tyler Zeller.

CLE- Brandon Knight, Markieff Morris, Alex Len, future 1st round pick from Boston.

BOS- Kevin Love, Timofey Mozgov, CLE's 1st round pick via PHX

Completely hypothetical of course and haven't factored in salaries. PHX-BOS have made tons of deals together recently.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Portland may be interested in Monroe from Milwaukee or even Blake Griffin after the Nuggets turned him down.

I say if you can keep CJ, i'd be all for getting a quality big man. Griffin could do well in this offense. Would at least make Blazers more of a tougher team in the playoffs, and definitely help them out in the second half of the season with a lot of hard games coming up.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both would be nice pick-ups for the Blazers. (I assume you also would like to keep the other guard -- right?)

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broussard is an idiot though, so I don't believe anything he says really.

Woj, Spears, Ford, Aldridge, & few others are the only ones I will ever listen to really.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Clippers actually turned that down. They are insane if that report is true.

A lineup of Jordan-Faried-Gallo-Redick-Paul with Barton, Jokic, Johnson, Crawford, etc. would make them a muuuuch better team.

That tweet says the clippers made the offer.

So wouldn't it be the nuggets who turned it down?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broussard is an idiot though, so I don't believe anything he says really.

Woj, Spears, Ford, Aldridge, & few others are the only ones I will ever listen to really.
i dunno man- who is the best player in that deal? Jokic? Gallo and Faried make a lot of money to be pretty mediocre at their positions. The oldest rule in the NBA is you never trade a dollar bill for a bunch of change unless your forced to.

Id rather give him to Boston and get back Crowder, Bradley, Zeller, and a Brooklyn 1st rounder- something i guarantee you they could get....younger, cheaper, better.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both would be nice pick-ups for the Blazers. (I assume you also would like to keep the other guard -- right?)
of course, no way is Dillard even in question for trade. Team HAS to be built around him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some talk today of Howard moving to Atlanta, Dragic and Whiteside heading to Houston, and Teague and Horford going to Miami. There's no way that could be true. That's not highway robbery. That's Pat Riley robbing Fort Knox

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some talk today of Howard moving to Atlanta, Dragic and Whiteside heading to Houston, and Teague and Horford going to Miami. There's no way that could be true. That's not highway robbery. That's Pat Riley robbing Fort Knox
I think Miami trading Whiteside is a huge mistake. Guy is young and talented, he will be a staple for them in the future.

I'd also rather have Dragic than Teague.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Kings don't make a trade they'll regret, playoffs for them is highly unlikely and even getting in only to be swept away by the Warriors doesn't sound awesome right now(of course I'd enjoy seeing playoff games in sleep train/arco one more time).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Kings don't make a trade they'll regret, playoffs for them is highly unlikely and even getting in only to be swept away by the Warriors doesn't sound awesome right now(of course I'd enjoy seeing playoff games in sleep train/arco one more time).

I heard that Ben is pretty much gone. Another wasted lottery pick. Has any team failed more in the lottery than the Kings and Wolves?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These rumors are going to get ridiculous. This is the best thing about the extended break. The trade rumors really heat up between Mon-Wednesday

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami trading Whiteside is a huge mistake. Guy is young and talented, he will be a staple for them in the future.

I'd also rather have Dragic than Teague.

I don't. He is a free agent. They don't think they will be able to pay him, and they don't trust him either. They are pretty much all in now with an aging core, so why not go with some reliable vets and then blow it all up in a couple years?