• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline 2020

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK-COWsWEAAms0P.jpg

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if it's used, but is one of those cool front loading ones?

I have to get formal approval but I like it, I’ll get back with you.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in Thompson’s case, the 28-year-old seemed conditioned to not only be the sage, elder statesman who would hold the hands of the Cavs’ teenagers and much younger 20-somethings through a second year of a rebuild. He was also interested in a contract extension that might keep him there much longer. That has changed. Thompson’s camp wants him traded by Thursday’s deadline. The people close to him are calling it a “priority.”

– via Joe Vardon @ The Athletic

*Paging @WiggyRuss and @dtgold88*

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, not sure how I feel yet about the Andrew Wiggins rumors. Homer in me thinks he'll benefit from some veteran leadership and he still has room to grow. But then I look at him play and think "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO". So there's that.

I saw a tweet as a joke negatively comparing him to Harrison Barnes. I mean, the Warriors won a title with Harrison Barnes.

Then again, Harrison Barnes playing like a garbage fire also cost them a championship.

So, either way, the comparison probably works

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not understand how this makes Houston better. For one, Robert Covington isn't even that good. He's a fine player, don't get me wrong, but he's not the kind of piece that's gonna tip you over into being a champion. And now they are really small. They have to have something else planned.

They just traded Capela AND a 1st rounder (and a somewhat useful Gerald Green) for fucking Robert Covington. WUT!?!?!

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do not understand how this makes Houston better. For one, Robert Covington isn't even that good. He's a fine player, don't get me wrong, but he's not the kind of piece that's gonna tip you over into being a champion. And now they are really small. They have to have something else planned.

They just traded Capela AND a 1st rounder (and a somewhat useful Gerald Green) for fucking Robert Covington. WUT!?!?!

My thoughts also. I get Capela is a slight odd fit for their offense but he keeps defenses honest inside and he cleans up their misses

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Jordan bell lol

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris is on a one year deal and could walk, no thanks.

This is what I'll never understand.
Dude is 30 years old.
Earned $43M in his career.
Getting paid $15M this year to play on a wretched team.

Wouldn't he want to be in LA?
Wouldn't he want a shot at winning a title every year?
Shouldn't he want to play for the minimum there or even $3-5M/year?
Does he enjoy earning bank while playing for the dregs of society?????

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves got 2 1sts for Covington, but then sent one away for Beasley and Hernangomez?

Beasley has already turned down a contract that would have been an overpay. I don't see that becoming reasonable by the end of the year. I like the Hernangomez pickup though. Both players a likely better than what would have been picked with the Rockets pick, but both have a price tag that is about to balloon. I would think they would rather keep the pick, maybe use it as incentive for a team to take Dieng. That would have left the Wolves with about 30 million to spend.

With Napier being included that leaves Culver as the only PG on the roster.

Overall I will take that trade. Wolves really could use that 3 point shooting, and the Nets pick is likely to be around 15? that seems awesome. I like Covington, but he age did not match up, he would be declining by the time the Wolves are ready to compete. that assumes they don't screw it all up.....that is a long shot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves got 2 1sts for Covington, but then sent one away for Beasley and Hernangomez?

Beasley has already turned down a contract that would have been an overpay. I don't see that becoming reasonable by the end of the year. I like the Hernangomez pickup though. Both players a likely better than what would have been picked with the Rockets pick, but both have a price tag that is about to balloon. I would think they would rather keep the pick, maybe use it as incentive for a team to take Dieng. That would have left the Wolves with about 30 million to spend.

With Napier being included that leaves Culver as the only PG on the roster.

Overall I will take that trade. Wolves really could use that 3 point shooting, and the Nets pick is likely to be around 15? that seems awesome. I like Covington, but he age did not match up, he would be declining by the time the Wolves are ready to compete. that assumes they don't screw it all up.....that is a long shot.

I dont like the trade at all for the Wolves.

Middling pick in a crappy draft. And 2 players that on a good team should never play more than 12 minutes a game.

Crappy value for Covington. Speculation is that the Wolves were just scared he was going to have knee issues that might drive his value down.

I hate the direction this new GM is taking this team. Covington was one of the few legit bullets he had in his holster and he likely just pissed it away on 3 pieces that will in all liklihood will look like wasted pieces by the time Covington contract is even up.

Should have held onto Covington until the offseason and just limited him to keep his knee healthy if this was the best they could have done at this point.