• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Calvin Johnson in the offseason please

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 catches on only 14 targets over the last 3 weeks. Only 1 target in the win over the Saints. I think it would be a win win for both parties. Calvin gets to go a Super Bowl contender if the scenario works out that way, and the Lions get future draft pick assets.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 catches on only 14 targets over the last 3 weeks. Only 1 target in the win over the Saints. I think it would be a win win for both parties. Calvin gets to go a Super Bowl contender if the scenario works out that way, and the Lions get future draft pick assets.

If a team would give us a 1st rounder. I would be happy with that.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting cut.

I can see that happening more than a trade. Unless a team can workout a new contract. That's a big contract to takeover. With no guaranteed money left to boot.

That's a lot of money for two or less targets a game as the OP stated. $11 million can be spent smartly somewhere.

Last edited:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's been hampered again with injuries as well of late. Although this is not the same as last years decoy shit. He's been blocking with ease downfield. So he might be hobbled, but he isn't playing decoy this time. He just isn't being used.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is better when he doesn't lock on 81 anyway.

Numba Nine may have played his best game while targeting CJ once. Should have cut him last year and kept Suh.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is better when he doesn't lock on 81 anyway.

Numba Nine may have played his best game while targeting CJ once. Should have cut him last year and kept Suh.

Some of his best games last year were those games minus CJ. He surely reads his progressions more without him. IMO last Monday was his best game so far in his career with or without him. So, yes, I totally agree with you Smitty.

I really don't see defenses rolling coverage as much. He's lost that respect also IMO. Been seeing a lot of one on one. CJ can still win some of those battles, but if you don't exploit the matchup why keep him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of his best games last year were those games minus CJ. He surely reads his progressions more without him. IMO last Monday was his best game so far in his career with or without him. So, yes, I totally agree with you Smitty.

I really don't see defenses rolling coverage as much. He's lost that respect also IMO. Been seeing a lot of one on one. CJ can still win some of those battles, but if you don't exploit the matchup why keep him.
Yep.

Also, if the Lions feel compelled to overpay a receiver, they can save money by having it only be TAte. He's much better without CJ. His Y/Catch didn't look like a rBs Y/Carry with CJ out. Closer to a decent FA signing with #81.

And I really would love to see Calvin play for an accurate QB before he retires. (Any justification is fine by me. It's time Johnson plays elsewhere.)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes, sir. 100% agree

rarely do you see that S rolled his way outside of a once in a blue moon deep route.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Also, if the Lions feel compelled to overpay a receiver, they can save money by having it only be TAte. He's much better without CJ. His Y/Catch didn't look like a rBs Y/Carry with CJ out. Closer to a decent FA signing with #81.

And I really would love to see Calvin play for an accurate QB before he retires. (Any justification is fine by me. It's time Johnson plays elsewhere.)

Not Dan O's fault he didn't also get the 12 year plan.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay. We'll trade you CJ for Suh.