• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toxic Girlfriends: Kapernick lost out

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe people don't understand why the Ravens wouldn't do this. They were already iffy on him because of the controversy it would make and were her comments supposed to help?

Controversy like keeping murderer Lewis around? Controversy like leaving Cleveland?

It should be a football decision only. Nobody is going to boycott a football team because of their backup QB.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Controversy like keeping murderer Lewis around? Controversy like leaving Cleveland?

It should be a football decision only. Nobody is going to boycott a football team because of their backup QB.
Wanna bet?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know. Is Riley Cooper still in the NFL? There needs to be a cap on how many Coopers are in the NFL at one time.

Didn't play last year, got a shot with the Bucs this summer but again was cut.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ray Lewis was good enough to keep around despite the controversy, if he was a marginal starter he probably would've been gone. The Ravens current owner wasn't around when the team moved, so that's kind of irrelevant. Teams like Baltimore have clearly shown they dont want that kind of baggage and possible distraction for a backup QB.

It should be a football decision, but it clearly hasn't been.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a football decision, but it clearly hasn't been.

It hasn't even been a decision about what he was protesting. Instead, it's been about the circumstances of when he was protesting, and assigning intent where there was none (denigrating the troops, for example). Classic right-wing redirection to a talking point.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, nobody isn't the right term. Not enough people to hurt ticket sales.
I get and agree to a certain point. We are not at that point yet, but if more and more players continue to sit, we WILL get there.
In my small town I know of two sports bars that would not play 49ers games last year because of this. I was at one and asked the owner/bartender to put on the Panthers game and his reply was, "nope, I'm a veteran." They were playing the 49ers that day.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care if you read or not, Kaepernick would be better.
Bullshit. And that's not even taking into account the locker factor, which hurts Kaep's case tremendously. Why would you want him anywhere near Dak?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get and agree to a certain point. We are not at that point yet, but if more and more players continue to sit, we WILL get there.
In my small town I know of two sports bars that would not play 49ers games last year because of this. I was at one and asked the owner/bartender to put on the Panthers game and his reply was, "nope, I'm a veteran." They were playing the 49ers that day.

Again, people making the protest about something it's not.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. And that's not even taking into account the locker factor, which hurts Kaep's case tremendously. Why would you want him anywhere near Dak?

Not bullshit any more than your opinion is.

I'll take Kaepernick over a rookie any day.

The locker room factor is highly overrated.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely unproven. Keep him as #3.

What Kaep is unfortunately is completely proven. He's a running threat as a QB, but can't throw anybody open or read defenses well. He can wait until someone comes open then try to drill the ball in there.

Dak was completely unproven last year, but was the #2 until the latest Romo injury.