• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tough loss

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well in my opinion i dont mind losing to an AFC team because were never gonna play them again for who knows how many years. now when we face the falcons and they are in the playoff hunt and lose to them that would be a bigger problem, or losing on the road to the 49ers. basically any team that we will possibly face in the playoffs would be a worse loss than this.

lastly what someone else mentioned already and i agree our remaining schedule is very much in our favor assuming we dominate the rams and cardinals (which from last year isnt a guarentee they for whatever reason show up against us) beat the titans, bucs, vikings, giants there should be no reason why we cant finish the season 12-4 or 13-3

I mind losing to anyone when we played like this.

The Colts were mediocre 70% of the time but made plays when it mattered. The Seahawks played well 70% of the time yet did not make plays when it mattered.

This is a game I feel like we should have won.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it like this

Houston...we should have loss and stole one

Indy...we should have won...but gave it away

Sucks that we had a clear shot at 5-0 but we could easily be 3-2 right now.

I'll take 4-1 with 4 straight games against teams that we should win against. We're in good shape

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it like this

I'll take 4-1 with 4 straight games against teams that we should win against. We're in good shape

Agreed.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-1 opening on the road against a game Panthers, 3 playoff teams from last year (2 of them on the road), and the Jacksonville Bye-weeks is a pretty good start. We really need to take care of business over the next 4 games because after that it's going to get a little nasty again.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, we should be 2-3 right now. If Williams doesnt fumble on the 5, the Panthers beat us too.

Like you said, i'll take 4-1 right now.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have problems on offense right now but i have no doubt that is going to change.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-1 opening on the road against a game Panthers, 3 playoff teams from last year (2 of them on the road), and the Jacksonville Bye-weeks is a pretty good start. We really need to take care of business over the next 4 games because after that it's going to get a little nasty again.

We really do need to go 4-0 in that stretch cause after Houston the 49ers have 4 very winnable games as well (arizona, tenn, jacksonville, carolina)

This division is going to come down that game in week 14 and whichever team can beat the Saints and Falcons.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest disappointment today is not the O-Line but obviously the defense. Both Wilson and Lynch had 102 yard rushing. An offense that put up 28 points should win a lot of the times if the team's defense is considered "elite."

Overall, I do agree that the biggest weakness is the O-Line and hopefully we can get that fixed soon.

Big play's can happen though... Allot of Indy's points came early on a long bomb and then a field goal block... We basically spotted um 14 points with mental lapses... D overall I thought played solid but did give up some big 3rd downs... I like the fact they got the stop to give our O a chance but it's tough man because pass protection is just weak right now... Russell is running for his life..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on the other boards talking about how good the Colts are. Not going to go comment on it because I feel like I would be pissing on their parade. I feel like this is a game the Seahawks should have dominated but really gave away, won't even start about the refs.

The Seahawks offense moved the ball with ease yet stalled after crossing the Colts 30. The Seahawks settled for field goals on 5 of 7 drives inside the 30, you have to take advantage of those opportunities.

The Seahawks defense got stops on first and second down yet allowed the Colts to convert on 7 out of 12 3rd downs you're not going to win many games like that.

The Colts did not impress me whatsoever but the Seahawks impressed me with their ability to not do anything when it mattered.

Colts are pretty good but we did them lots of favors today NO doubt... Our O line does not have the push it usually has right now and it shows once we get in the redzone especially... I just want Wilson to survive until we get back and healthy... He's running way to much right now and for good reason.. He just has no time back there..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it like this

Exactly...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I feel fine about the Seahawks. They played a good game on the road against a good team and came up just a wee bit short. Our OL men will be back soon and so will Harvin. I'm more disappointed that the Texans bombed at SF.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck I feel fine about the Seahawks. They played a good game on the road against a good team and came up just a wee bit short. Our OL men will be back soon and so will Harvin. I'm more disappointed that the Texans bombed at SF.

Texans crapped the bed tonight. I thought they would have come out firing, instead Schawb fires a pick 6.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating was poor but you can't blame the loss on that. The Seahawks played poorly on 3rd down on both sides of the ball and did not take advantage of trips inside the Colts 30.

The Seahawks made it inside the Colts 30 yard line 7 times. Scoring 2 touchdowns, 4 field goals and gave up one block.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head in my opinion. Freak plays like a blocked field goal will happen but 3rd down wins or loses games and it lost us the game today.

Also give me less Sidney Rice and more Jermaine Kearse going forward please.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans crapped the bed tonight. I thought they would have come out firing, instead Schawb fires a pick 6.

I should have realized last week that our bandaid O-Line held off the Texans decently enough, so an all star O-Line at home like the Niners, would do a good job against them and now that they are back to their power run game they are starting to look sharp. Lemonade looks good and so does Reid. One of their corners is pretty good too.

They have a very nice schedule ahead of them, so we need to handle our business against the Titans, Rams and Cards.

Weeks 10-14 are going to be huge for both teams.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had flashbacks of SB XL with all the one sided calls from the refs that took place and I am a little surprised no one is talking about it on any of the sports shows? Was it really as bad as I thought? Or am I just a homer?

In the end, we lost because we couldn't finish drives with TD's and the Colts did. I thought we would lose either the Houston game or this one, so we are right where I thought we would be, but we should have won this one and that is what sucks right now and makes this loss hard to deal with.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games like this are frustrating. Adventures in questionable officiating aside, the Seahawks could have won this game, but they did things that were uncharacteristic of them and it cost them. The miscommunication on the pass to T.Y. Hilton that left him wide open for a touchdown and the amount of missed tackles on defense are things you just don't see from them very often and it came back to bite them here. On offense, it was a failure to finish off drives. I like Steven Hauschka, but we saw too much of him in this game. A 2-for-12 day on third downs and no points in the fourth quarter isn't gonna get the job done, especially on the road. You have to get more points out of it when you rack up 400+ yards of offense.

Now despite all this, the Seahawks are still 4-1 with winnable games the next few weeks. If someone had said before the season that the Seahawks wouldn't be clicking on all cylinders with three early road games in the first five weeks of the season, but would still come out of it at 4-1, how many people would have taken that? As frustrating as this game was... at the end of the day, the Seahawks are still 4-1 and in first place a third of the way into the season. A 5-0 start would have been better, but 4-1 ain't bad.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had flashbacks of SB XL with all the one sided calls from the refs that took place and I am a little surprised no one is talking about it on any of the sports shows? Was it really as bad as I thought? Or am I just a homer?

In the end, we lost because we couldn't finish drives with TD's and the Colts did. I thought we would lose either the Houston game or this one, so we are right where I thought we would be, but we should have won this one and that is what sucks right now and makes this loss hard to deal with.

The way that pass interference was called in this game was baffling in the sense that if what the Seahawks were doing was pass interference, then what Indy was doing was definitely pass interference, only ours were called and theirs weren't. It's hard to talk about penalties that should/shouldn't have been called without it coming off as whining, so I'll just say that the Seahawks did some things out of character that ultimately cost them the game, but I still don't like how pass interference was called in this game.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way that pass interference was called in this game was baffling in the sense that if what the Seahawks were doing was pass interference, then what Indy was doing was definitely pass interference, only ours were called and theirs weren't. It's hard to talk about penalties that should/shouldn't have been called without it coming off as whining, so I'll just say that the Seahawks did some things out of character that ultimately cost them the game, but I still don't like how pass interference was called in this game.

I completely agree. The OPI on Tate was VERY light contact, that looked more like he was just feeling where the defender was and drew a flag, but the push off on the two point conversion by Wayne was blatant did not draw a flag? Then there were the two on Browner and Sherman that both were uncatchable balls, but the flags stood and allowed drives to continue. Then there was the 12 men in the huddle, when replay showed 11?

The fact remains that we didn't finish drives with TDs and the Colts did (with or without extra "help") which is why we lost, but I think this referee crew should receive a poor grade for this game.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong, they will receive an A++ grade for this game and will probably be officiating our first playoff game assuming we get one. The NFL would much rather have the Niners win our division and advance.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see your game this week to be able to comment on the pass interference calls you are talking about, although I did get to see the game last week. I think it's funny how fans in general (I'm sure I'm guilty of it at times too) look at the loses and talk about how we "should have" won that game. But it is rare we look at the wins and talk about how we "should have" lost that game. The texans game should've been a L for you guys if Schaub didn't throw a terrible pass. Only reason I say that is because your offense wasn't clicking in that game (better in the 2nd half yes but not good). I would've put money on texans stopping you guys from a TD in regulation with your battered Oline.. But good teams make plays which Sherman obviously did.