• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Total Divas

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd consider myself a reality TV connoisseur since I'll watch just about anything at least once. I love me some trashy reality TV. But I stopped watching it mostly because it's heavily scripted. Most reality shows have some level of scripting. Shows like the Kardashians (which I hate and refuse to watch) and Duck Dynasty are scripted in that every thing you see is basically written. The only "reality" in them is those people actually exist and have a real relationship. What happens to them is all fake though. Other reality shows, like The Real Housewives, are what you would call "produced". Scripts aren't written, but the producers give them a bunch of booze and say "this lady called you a bitch, what do you think?" and just let the cameras catch whatever happens.

Divas is the former, not the latter. Some of the relationships are real but everything else is written. For example, TJ and Nattie are married. That's real. TJ finding any reason possible to not have sex is fake and just written for the show. I'd say 90 to 95% is scripted now. I liked the earlier episodes because it was more like a 60/40 split. Yeah, it was still scripted but it was interesting to watch them train, etc. But they cut a lot of that out.

True, this is why I laugh at people who say pro wrestling is fake, yet these are the same people that think reality television is real. At least pro wrestling fans are smart enough to know wrestling is scripted, can't say the same for the vast majority of the people that watch reality shows.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Rusev, it would be 3 times a day!

I would even wonder if they have anything to do with each other outside the show. It seems that divas are banging someone on the roster, but not always the ones they are with.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would even wonder if they have anything to do with each other outside the show. It seems that divas are banging someone on the roster, but not always the ones they are with.

True, could create for an awkward situation if they paired Superstars & Divas together who are dating.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, this is why I laugh at people who say pro wrestling is fake, yet these are the same people that think reality television is real. At least pro wrestling fans are smart enough to know wrestling is scripted, can't say the same for the vast majority of the people that watch reality shows.

Well, to be fair to some people, I can see how people might get confused. The confusion comes from "reality show" being used as a general catch all. When reality shows came along and got popular, like The Real World or Survivor etc, they did have a lot of real elements. Like I said, they were "produced". A basic situation was set up by the producers and then they just let the cameras role. But somewhere along the late 00s, you started getting more and more scripting. But the "reality" label never changed. So people watch scripted stuff like Total Divas, Duck Dynasty, Lizard Lick, Pawn Stars, etc etc and just keep thinking its real because it has the reality label that prior shows had.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair to some people, I can see how people might get confused. The confusion comes from "reality show" being used as a general catch all. When reality shows came along and got popular, like The Real World or Survivor etc, they did have a lot of real elements. Like I said, they were "produced". A basic situation was set up by the producers and then they just let the cameras role. But somewhere along the late 00s, you started getting more and more scripting. But the "reality" label never changed. So people watch scripted stuff like Total Divas, Duck Dynasty, Lizard Lick, Pawn Stars, etc etc and just keep thinking its real because it has the reality label that prior shows had.

:agree: back in the day they were far less scripted, until they became a replacement for sitcoms, then they basically just became sitcoms but with a cheaper and less talented cast.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was when I became a Paul Heyman Guy,

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this song in my head...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSjC7-ITfjA]WWE & E!: Total Divas official theme: "Top of the World" (by CFO$) - YouTube[/ame]