• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs at Philadelphia Flyers 3/28/14 | 7:00pm

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to G and the PK...outstanding tonight. Sitting nice with the rags losing 1 pt back and 2 games in hand. Big test on Sun against the B's...looking forward to it! Would be sweet if they could send them a message.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was the best game by far I've seen Vinny, hall & Rinaldo play all season, Vinny looked especially good. Then you had Coburn who I thought looked like a premiere #2 maybe even low end #1. Giroux was great again. Jake pisses me off though not because he played a bad game, he was great with pick possession and generating offense but for fucks sake start shooting. I really like all 4 lines even though is was obvious the Schenn & Coururier lines had a bit of familiarity issues but they played hard. If you're gonna move Vinny to the 4th permanently (which I'd be fine with since they played more, were dangerous and took stress off other lines) I'd like to see Akeson brought up and slotted next to Schenn & Simmonds to see how he would look there, I'm a McGinn fan but he hasn't had the best 2 games since coming up some speed on that line could help them generate more. Does anyone else notice that our 2nd line is really the only line that dumps in almost all game instead of trying to pick handle in? I find that odd with 3 power forwards out there, it should be a subtle chip off the boards and the guy in the center pushing the puck. Oh and mason was solid and made some really amazing saves too.

Overall it was a good game not great. They'll need to be better Sunday against Boston. All that said they still look dangerous and I'm going to go out a limb and say we don't play the Rags since I think they're going to miss the playoffs, so I'm counting on Columbus or maybe the Caps if Ovie goes on another tear but no teams really have easy schedules now so who knows. Anyway let's seal up home ice.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, we're still in better position to grab the second seed than the Rangers. This could change quickly as our next four games are going to potentially be very difficult. I still think Boston has zero incentive to beat us in either of these upcoming games. I doubt they want us in the first round and beating us now will only help make that a reality. Otherwise, they've basically wrapped up the conference already.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya someone called Vinny to the 4th line I almost fell out of my chair! Anyway it worked out as he was better and they played a lot. Basically made the 4th line another 3rd line will definitely screw up other teams match ups! I'd give McGinn more time to adjust....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit check the ice time out wow is it spread out will be huge in a 7 game series will be easier to shorten the bench if needed as they'll be fresh...or for OT! love the strategy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough game from the boys last night. Definitely needs to be better against the Bruins. I'm still pretty worried about the flyers 5 on 5. They lean pretty heavy on the PP to create scoring opportunities and goals.

Re: akeson
I don't think they'll put him with schenn and Simmonds. That line would be abysmal defensively. And the reason that line never puck handles in is because schenn and Simmonds are better at winning board battles than they are puck handling. If they play around at the line, they'll turn it over and then problems will arise. I like them dumping in and going to work.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit check the ice time out wow is it spread out will be huge in a 7 game series will be easier to shorten the bench if needed as they'll be fresh...or for OT! love the strategy.

[YOUTUBE]4Ru8DMW-grY[/YOUTUBE]

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya someone called Vinny to the 4th line I almost fell out of my chair! Anyway it worked out as he was better and they played a lot. Basically made the 4th line another 3rd line will definitely screw up other teams match ups! I'd give McGinn more time to adjust....

Just to be clear I said Vinny to the 4th:yahoo:

Also Schenn is a much better puck handler & defensively then given credit for. I more mean instead of hard dump just chipping it in using the side boards, kinda like outlet passing out of the defensive zone.

Last edited by a moderator: