• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 80 - Toronto Maple Leafs at Philadelphia Flyers(4-7-16): 7:00pm EST

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating beyond belief. Did this team run out of gas before even the final weekend? That was one of my main concerns down the stretch.

The only good thing I have to say is that Sean Couturier is playing like a monster right now.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't believe this is happening. I'm almost at a loss for words as to how this is falling into place.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's embarrassing when our fourth line often appears to be the one that looks the most dangerous in the offensive zone.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't really that shocking. All of the warning signs were there. Jake is clearly playing at about 70%, if that. G is also clearly not 100%. He spent so much getting the team back to this point when Jake was injured. Everyone knew that Ghost would hit a wall...well, he hit it at the worst possible time.

While it is a let down, the team has done a great deal with a limited roster. Knowing that, knowing that not blowing some games in the last few minutes would take at least some of the pressure off this stretch...

Really, being as impartial as I can muster, this team has done better than I expected. Regardless of what happens in the last 2 minutes of this game and over the weekend.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... and with that....GOAL!!! WAYNE SIMMONDS!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmonds makes up for the earlier turnover that put us in a world of trouble. Now I'm just worried about going to a shootout. We need to win this in OT one way or another.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This lost point actually doesn't hurt us much in my opinion. The win by the Bruins is what hurts us. Now we need either Detroit or Boston to lose their final game in regulation or we're fucked.

Yes, we can beat both Pitt and NYI on Saturday and Sunday to get in regardless, but I see no possible way of that happening. We should approach it like we absolutely need to win both games however.

So, we're going to be huge fans of the fucking Rangers and Senators here.

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The third period of this game was straight up Smash-Mouth Flyers hockey....

But ummmmm, could someone tell the team there are three periods in the game!!!!
If they would have played like that for the entire game, they would have decimated the leafs....
But this bullshit of playing catch-up because your back is against the wall is fuckin crazy!!!!

Now we are left with the task of winning out or going home......
Not to Flyers, 6 periods left in the season, play them all or go home for the year!!!!
A for fuck sakes, give Mason some GD Support!!!!!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the way I expected the Flyers season to end. Losing to the Leafs, really? Now we have to play cheerleader for the Sens and Rags and still hope to beat the Pens and Isles, lol. This would make any Pens team and fan to play the role of elimination to us and our season. If we cannot beat a lottery pick team like the Leafs, we simply do not deserve to be in the playoffs. Pens will get their chance to put the dagger in our season. Fuck off Toronto.:gaah:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the way I expected the Flyers season to end. Losing to the Leafs, really? Now we have to play cheerleader for the Sens and Rags and still hope to beat the Pens and Isles, lol. This would make any Pens team and fan to play the role of elimination to us and our season. If we cannot beat a lottery pick team like the Leafs, we simply do not deserve to be in the playoffs. Pens will get their chance to put the dagger in our season. Fuck off Toronto.:gaah:

Fortunately though, the other games start at 12:30 pm and ours starts at 3 pm, so we will very likely know whether we need to win one or both games this weekend by puck drop. I hope one of Detroit/Boston loses in regulation and then Pittsburgh doesn't have the opportunity to knock us out. We shall see. It sure seems like the Rangers and Pens would be trying to rest guys however.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately though, the other games start at 12:30 pm and ours starts at 3 pm, so we will very likely know whether we need to win one or both games this weekend by puck drop. I hope one of Detroit/Boston loses in regulation and then Pittsburgh doesn't have the opportunity to knock us out. We shall see. It sure seems like all of these teams may be resting some guys.
My stomach still hurts from that loss to the Leafs. OMG that is just the total blow and on top of it all, the Bs came to life, which I was afraid of. Boston, Detroit, and Philly are all Jeckyl and Hyde teams, I swear. Who is going to show up on any given night?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My stomach still hurts from that loss to the Leafs. OMG that is just the total blow and on top of it all, the Bs came to life, which I was afraid of. Boston, Detroit, and Philly are all Jeckyl and Hyde teams, I swear. Who is going to show up on any given night?

Well, we still deserve to be in, in my opinion. Detroit went 9-9 in March and April, with only four wins over playoff caliber teams (and six losses). Boston was 8-7-3 and even with the win last night have still lost 8 of their last 11. We've been 10-5-3, despite losing the last three, and with wins over Tampa, Detroit, Chicago, NYI and Washington.

The Bruins are lucky to even still be close. I hope they fumble away that final game against a division rival that has a chance to ruin their season. Ottawa has beaten them 2 out of 3 this season and they won't be resting guys. They might as well go all out.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we still deserve to be in, in my opinion. Detroit went 9-9 in March and April, with only four wins over playoff caliber teams (and six losses). Boston was 8-7-3 and even with the win last night have still lost 8 of their last 11. We've been 10-5-3, despite losing the last three, and with wins over Tampa, Detroit, Chicago, NYI and Washington.

The Bruins are lucky to even still be close. I hope they fumble away that final game against a division rival that has a chance to ruin their season. Ottawa has beaten them 2 out of 3 this season and they won't be resting guys. They might as well go all out.
Flyers don't deserve shit if they don't win out. They have controlled their own destiny for weeks. If they blow this opportunity to make the playoffs there is no one to blame but themselves. I would rather miss the playoffs than make it in because other teams slip up. Also, all this talk about resting guys is horseshit. I saw a few people mentioning that the Toronto won't have any desire because of draft position. How did that work out? These are still professional athletes and if you think ego and desire to win go out the window you are out of your fucking mind. Show up, get the job done and EARN YOUR PLAYOFF POSITION.

Side note, I'm tired of every team skating circles around us. Speed never seems to be an asset for this team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto came to play and we didn't...at first. While there's no excuse for that, the lost point really changes nothing since we were trailing in all of the tiebreakers. It's a lot more disappointing to me that we didn't show up against Detroit when we essentially had a chance to clinch.

I'll take a playoff birth with this team as currently constructed any way that I can get it, so yes, I'll be hoping that one of Detroit/Boston loses in regulation tomorrow.

I also don't recall circles be skated around us too often while we went 10-2-2 down the stretch before running into Pittsburgh (again), who is skating circles around everyone they play right now.

So, I hope we win out and/or Boston/Detroit loses. They've both struggled down the stretch and deserve to have played their way out.

Regardless, we should go in with the mindset of trying to aggressively win both games. We're more than capable of doing this. Nobody should be more desperate than us, which makes us a dangerous team.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team ruined my week with losses the last two nights. I sure hope they don't ruin my weekend.

Great job by the 4th line why is it our 4th line are the only guys who played with energy last night.

Voracek really hurting us right now.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team ruined my week with losses the last two nights. I sure hope they don't ruin my weekend.

Great job by the 4th line why is it our 4th line are the only guys who played with energy last night.

Voracek really hurting us right now.

Voracek has not been the same since he came back from the injury. It's at times painful to watch him out there!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE haven't been in this position for quite some time. The Flyers are going to have to learn how to win down the stretch to earn they play-off appearance. Perhaps failing bigtime is the lesson they will have to learn as the next step in the rebuild process.

The Flyers have exceeded most of our expectations for this year but now, if they want to be in the play-offs, they'll have to go out and win the last two and let the chips fall. Perhaps they have to spend the off-season with the pain of losing. IDK.

Since they have blown many of their recent opportunities to determine their own destiny perhaps they will now have to determine what kind of team they want to be going forward. Jekyll and Hide, Smashmouth/dominating. or the team we watched against Pissburgh TWICE, Detroit, and Toronto!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE haven't been in this position for quite some time. The Flyers are going to have to learn how to win down the stretch to earn they play-off appearance. Perhaps failing bigtime is the lesson they will have to learn as the next step in the rebuild process.

The Flyers have exceeded most of our expectations for this year but now, if they want to be in the play-offs, they'll have to go out and win the last two and let the chips fall. Perhaps they have to spend the off-season with the pain of losing. IDK.

Since they have blown many of their recent opportunities to determine their own destiny perhaps they will now have to determine what kind of team they want to be going forward. Jekyll and Hide, Smashmouth/dominating. or the team we watched against Pissburgh TWICE, Detroit, and Toronto!
THIS!!!!!!