• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Three Most Poorly Operated NBA Franchises

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. There's teams with less to work with that have done a lot more. Sure, you can point to bad moves all over that might have cost their teams a playoff round or two, but when it comes to costing themselves the most, Cleveland twice cost themselves Lebron and a dynasty. That's a pretty big miss.
Cleveland won a title against a team no one else has beaten the last 4 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because when we look at this Cleveland roster that he left, WINNING is what comes to mind.
went to the Finals 4 straight years and in his first year here. You see LA in the Finals this year?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, a lot better than 2 CONFERENCE FINALS APPEARANCES, in the HISTORY of the teams existence.

2 playoff series wins since 1994.

The Cavs are the freaking New England Patriots compared to the Nuggets

I mean you've got the Indians on one picture there. What's it been? 70+ years since they won anything? And I'm sure you'd defend the Norm Cash trade.

And the Browns:
The franchise so bad they celebrate 7 win seasons.
The franchise which went away and the world didn't even notice except there was one less name at the bottom of the standings.
The franchise that couldn't win with Bill Belichick.
The franchise that had to move to Baltimore to be able to win a SB.
The franchise that ran Jim Brown and Kosar out of town.

I kinda think you saw a Denver team and it brought back nightmares of Elway's Drive, and you just had a moment of Temporary insanity and yelled "Bynum was a good move" out of pure shock and are now stuck defending it.

I'm sure calling up a player already drafted to tell him they were going to take him the next day, fighting to get Manziel, and keeping a 1-31 head coach are great front office moves as well.

Since you seem REALLY stuck on this distraction.

I was a Denver fan, and still kind of like them because they were the local team I could watch. I've moved so not keeping up on them as much as I'd like which stinks cause I love Jokic's game. Lately I've been going to more Bulls and Twolves games. I liked their regular season home games with Karl, as they usually won and it was exciting.

But in 1994 I wasn't, I was a Magic fan living in Florida who liked a LOT of players. Why do I care what they won then (even though Dikembe's upset of the Sonics was so awesome since my best buddy was a Sonics fan).

I have actually been more of a Cavs fan the past 4 years than any team because Lebron is the most fun player I like watching and it sucks to see him leave and what they had as his support. I like BASKETBALL first and foremost.

Yes the Cavs with Lebron are better than the Nuggets without him. I agree wholeheartedly. And I'm glad I never went to see the nuggets get destroyed in the post-season every year (outside the one Chauncey season).

So I don't really care about their post-season success like you think I do because of a little picture. Not like my life changes if they beat the Warriors this year or not.

I'm not enough of a nuggets fan to go out there and make some wild claim that the big K-mart as their cornerstone deal was amazing and good and anyone that says it isn't is just a hater.

What that doesn't change however much you want to distract from it is Lillard is better than JR (and I'm saying this as a big JR fan), and giving up 4 firsts, 3 seconds and more for Bynum and Jack wasn't a good move.

The point is you liking those teams has NOTHING to do with whether the 1 year Bynum/Jack/Deng costing 18 million dollars, 5 first round picks, a first round swap, and 3 2nd round picks for their impact to the 2013 season was worth it. Got it?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland won a title against a team no one else has beaten the last 4 years.

Yup, Lebron was Awesome. Who led both teams in points, Rebounds, assists, steals, blocks...

They won because Lebron put together the best performance in NBA finals history. Not because they traded two first overall picks for Love's pick and roll D and 8 points a game.

Now, how much bigger would it be to have been able to build a dynasty around Lebron instead of 1 ring? Because they had the draft capital to do that. Instead they wasted it and instead of celebrating multiple championships, get to celebrate Lebron doing it all to get them one.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum is a no lose deal. If he played well, great. If not, no harm no foul...just dump him.

Literally lost 4 first round draft picks trying to dump the Bynum/Jack combo. And 3 2nd rounders.

The front office is so bad that mess of a season, and the 7 draft picks they had to hand over to get past it is a "no lose" situation. lol

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing I can pull up says this.

Really, spent 5 seconds on google, found that and these:

NBA mock draft links: Andre Drummond could be a Cavalier if Cleveland goes big with its first pick

If only they listened to their own writers. lol

NBA mock draft links: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Andre Drummond and Bradley Beal among popular first picks for Cleveland Cavaliers

"Among the most popular mock draft first picks for the Cavs are Connecticut center Andre Drummond"

NBA Draft Rumors: Cavaliers Considering Andre Drummond

Are you intentionally trying to be either really ignorant or rewrite history so you can be right? That's crazy... but it's what you have to do to defend Waiters as the pick I guess.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum is a no lose deal. If he played well, great. If not, no harm no foul...just dump him.
i mean you would think that would be common sense-

an UNGUARANTEED deal. lol

oh well....what can you do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you've got the Indians on one picture there. What's it been? 70+ years since they won anything? And I'm sure you'd defend the Norm Cash trade.

And the Browns:
The franchise so bad they celebrate 7 win seasons.
The franchise which went away and the world didn't even notice except there was one less name at the bottom of the standings.
The franchise that couldn't win with Bill Belichick.
The franchise that had to move to Baltimore to be able to win a SB.
The franchise that ran Jim Brown and Kosar out of town.

I kinda think you saw a Denver team and it brought back nightmares of Elway's Drive, and you just had a moment of Temporary insanity and yelled "Bynum was a good move" out of pure shock and are now stuck defending it.

I'm sure calling up a player already drafted to tell him they were going to take him the next day, fighting to get Manziel, and keeping a 1-31 head coach are great front office moves as well.

Since you seem REALLY stuck on this distraction.

I was a Denver fan, and still kind of like them because they were the local team I could watch. I've moved so not keeping up on them as much as I'd like which stinks cause I love Jokic's game. Lately I've been going to more Bulls and Twolves games. I liked their regular season home games with Karl, as they usually won and it was exciting.

But in 1994 I wasn't, I was a Magic fan living in Florida who liked a LOT of players. Why do I care what they won then (even though Dikembe's upset of the Sonics was so awesome since my best buddy was a Sonics fan).

I have actually been more of a Cavs fan the past 4 years than any team because Lebron is the most fun player I like watching and it sucks to see him leave and what they had as his support. I like BASKETBALL first and foremost.

Yes the Cavs with Lebron are better than the Nuggets without him. I agree wholeheartedly. And I'm glad I never went to see the nuggets get destroyed in the post-season every year (outside the one Chauncey season).

So I don't really care about their post-season success like you think I do because of a little picture. Not like my life changes if they beat the Warriors this year or not.

I'm not enough of a nuggets fan to go out there and make some wild claim that the big K-mart as their cornerstone deal was amazing and good and anyone that says it isn't is just a hater.

What that doesn't change however much you want to distract from it is Lillard is better than JR (and I'm saying this as a big JR fan), and giving up 4 firsts, 3 seconds and more for Bynum and Jack wasn't a good move.

The point is you liking those teams has NOTHING to do with whether the 1 year Bynum/Jack/Deng costing 18 million dollars, 5 first round picks, a first round swap, and 3 2nd round picks for their impact to the 2013 season was worth it. Got it?
so that was a long winded way of saying you have no loyalty to anyone..lol

wow. so admirable.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Lebron was Awesome. Who led both teams in points, Rebounds, assists, steals, blocks...

They won because Lebron put together the best performance in NBA finals history. Not because they traded two first overall picks for Love's pick and roll D and 8 points a game.

Now, how much bigger would it be to have been able to build a dynasty around Lebron instead of 1 ring? Because they had the draft capital to do that. Instead they wasted it and instead of celebrating multiple championships, get to celebrate Lebron doing it all to get them one.

So they won because of lebron, but yet they didn't win because of lebron the year before, good logic there

Kyrie was the 2nd highest scoring duo in league history...That helps

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so that was a long winded way of saying you have no loyalty to anyone..lol

wow. so admirable.

Not at all saying that, actually I am more loyal to the players I like than anything. I'm saying I like the players and good basketball more than the billionaire owners when it comes to pro basketball. I'll follow the players I enjoy watching and the teams I go to see in person first.

Nice try to twist words on your useless diversion. Sorry, if you love Art Modell and what his billion dollar team is more than any of their players, that's fine.

If you like a team because when you pull up google maps they are the closest to where you live, I think that's fine.

If you like watching the best players and would rather watch Lebron than Anthony Bennett, I think that's fine.

I don't have to hate Star Wars if I like Star Trek, and that's not "not being loyal"

But again has nothing to do with you trying to defend the throwing away of all those picks to undo those awful contracts that year.

See how no matter how much you try and deflect and run, it comes back to your absolutely moronic comment?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, crazy isn't it, a multi year deal that made Bynum the highest paid player on the roster. Nearly 20 mil between him and Jarrett Jack to pair with Irving as their big sell to make Cleveland a playoff team. Definitely was NOT a success. I mean here he was making top 35 money on a multi year deal. More than Joakim Noah, more than Garnett, more than Duncan or Deandre Jordan.

But yeah, some I guess think the Cavs spending more on Bynum than Tim Duncan or Deandre Jordan was a good idea. I don't.

You keep moving the goal posts. First, it's the Cavs don't draft well. Well they drafted Lebron and Kyrie, and turned Bennett into Kevin Love. You know there are organizations that passed over Jordan right? So picking Lebron and Kyrie was not a guarantee to be successful, they just happened to be great picks, in case you didn't notice.

Then you go on to say couldn't you at least had a dynasty? Like it's so easy to just have a dynasty lol. Having a dynasty requires a lot of luck. For example, if GS didn't become possibly the best team in the history of the NBA, then yes they most likely would have 4 championships right now. OKC had Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and Durant and that led to 0 rings.

Here is a list of NBA teams that have never even played in the finals or won a single championship. Indiana Pacers, Charlotte Hornets, OKC Thunder, Brooklyn Nets, Memphis Grizzlies, Toronto Raptors, Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, New Orleans Pelicans, Los Angeles Clippers, Your Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic, Minnesota Timberwolves....Discuss

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they won because of lebron, but yet they didn't win because of lebron the year before, good logic there

Kyrie was the 2nd highest scoring duo in league history...That helps

Where did I say Lebron was the reason they lost? That team has been 4-20 when he isn't in games. The reason they lost was they were dominated at 4 of the 5 positions on the floor.

And yes Kyrie was a huge help. He's got what? 4 seasons and another third of a season without Lebron in Cleveland. Remind me his record when he isn't a duo there with Lebron.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say Lebron was the reason they lost? That team has been 4-20 when he isn't in games. The reason they lost was they were dominated at 4 of the 5 positions on the floor.

And yes Kyrie was a huge help. He's got what? 4 seasons and another third of a season without Lebron in Cleveland. Remind me his record when he isn't a duo there with Lebron.

Right above where you said he was the reason they won. Think about it

Are you talking about when Kyrie was a rookie? He seems to be playing fine as the leader of Boston, they have a better record than Lebrons lakers right now...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep moving the goal posts. First, it's the Cavs don't draft well. Well they drafted Lebron and Kyrie, and turned Bennett into Kevin Love. You know there are organizations that passed over Jordan right? So picking Lebron and Kyrie was not a guarantee to be successful.

Then you go on to say couldn't you at least had a dynasty? Like it's so easy to just have a dynasty lol. Having a dynasty requires a lot of luck. For example, if GS didn't become possibly the best team in the history of the NBA, then yes they most likely would have 4 championships right now. OKC had Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and Durant and that led to 0 rings.

Here is a list of NBA teams that have never even played in the finals or won a single championship. Indiana Pacers, Charlotte Hornets, OKC Thunder, Brooklyn Nets, Memphis Grizzlies, Toronto Raptors, Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, New Orleans Pelicans, Los Angeles Clippers, Your Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic, Minnesota Timberwolves....Discuss

Yes, not taking Lebron was a choice nobody would make. There was not a single mock draft that had any other option.

And they got Kyrie. the third best player in that draft with the top pick.

And they turned TWO #1 draft picks, the largest trade I can find when measured in draft stock, for Love and his 8 points and pick and roll "defense".

Seriously dynasties have been built with less than they gave up for Love.

No it's not easy to have a dynasty. But tell me, Shouldn't you expect more than a lone championship by adding arguably the best player to ever play the game at his best, to the greatest draft stock in NBA history?

No I am not saying it is easy. Heck, how many Warrior elite players did Cleveland have the opportunity to draft but instead chose someone a lot worse?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, not taking Lebron was a choice nobody would make. There was not a single mock draft that had any other option.

And they got Kyrie. the third best player in that draft with the top pick.

And they turned TWO #1 draft picks, the largest trade I can find when measured in draft stock, for Love and his 8 points and pick and roll "defense".

Seriously dynasties have been built with less than they gave up for Love.

No it's not easy to have a dynasty. But tell me, Shouldn't you expect more than a lone championship by adding arguably the best player to ever play the game at his best, to the greatest draft stock in NBA history?

No I am not saying it is easy. Heck, how many Warrior elite players did Cleveland have the opportunity to draft but instead chose someone a lot worse?

Are you stupid? The draft is a crap shoot. Yes, why don't we all go back and take the best players in retrospect, great idea! lmfao

People passed on Jordan. The Cavs overall have drafted pretty well. Compare that to the wizards, knicks, magic, etc...Your entire argument makes no sense. Are you saying they should have drafted the best player with every pick? lol

Kyrie was the first pick in the draft. The next two was Derrick Williams and Enes Kanter, Jan Veasley and Bismack Biyimbo. I think the Cavs are happy with their pick over those players.

If you watched the 2016 finals Love stopped Curry on the last play of the game in game 7. Well i didn't love, love...Lebron wanted him and not trading him and pissing lebron off would have been dumber. I see why you are not a GM

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right above where you said he was the reason they won. Think about it

Are you talking about when Kyrie was a rookie? He seems to be playing fine as the leader of Boston, they have a better record than Lebrons lakers right now...

No, I am talking about even Kyrie's record when Lebron sat games (hint, it's worse than as a rookie). And he's playing fine. 2016 with IT they are 1st seed. Last year they are 2nd seed with him not there a big chunk of the year and make the Conference Finals without him. Now with him there fully, they are tied for the 5th seed. Yeah going great. Taking a #2 seed to a #5 (and that's without Cleveland being a top team too).

Yes, Lebron playing the greatest finals in NBA history is why they won.

They lost because he isn't superman. Don't go full retard here kid. I did NOT say he caused them to lose. Please don't be the dumbest man in the history of the world and try to even pretend I said that.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you stupid? The draft is a crap shoot. Yes, why don't we all go back and take the best players in retrospect, great idea! lmfao

People passed on Jordan

Kyrie was the first pick in the draft. The next two was Derrick Williams and Enes Kanter, Jan Veasley and Bismack Biyimbo. I think the Cavs are happy with their pick over those players.

If you watched the 2016 finals Love stopped Curry on the last play of the game in game 7. Well i didn't love, love...Lebron wanted him and not trading him and pissing lebron off would have been dumber. I see why you are not a GM

And you see I am not a GM because today I think 4 first round picks and three 2nd round picks for Bynum for 20 games and Jack for a season in hindsight isn't good? lol Please Child.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am talking about even Kyrie's record when Lebron sat games (hint, it's worse than as a rookie). And he's playing fine. 2016 with IT they are 1st seed. Last year they are 2nd seed with him not there a big chunk of the year and make the Conference Finals without him. Now with him there fully, they are tied for the 5th seed. Yeah going great. Taking a #2 seed to a #5 (and that's without Cleveland being a top team too).

Yes, Lebron playing the greatest finals in NBA history is why they won.

They lost because he isn't superman. Don't go full retard here kid. I did NOT say he caused them to lose. Please don't be the dumbest man in the history of the world and try to even pretend I said that.

What was Kyrie's record when Lebron sat, and why don't you take a guess how many times Lebron sat, Kyrie also sat and Love? How did you figure that into the equation. Discuss

Your entire argument is retarded. You are comparing regular season games to try and say IT is better than Kyrie. Try harder next time, it's embarrassing tbh