• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Three Most Poorly Operated NBA Franchises

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, crazy isn't it, a multi year deal that made Bynum the highest paid player on the roster. Nearly 20 mil between him and Jarrett Jack to pair with Irving as their big sell to make Cleveland a playoff team. Definitely was NOT a success. I mean here he was making top 35 money on a multi year deal. More than Joakim Noah, more than Garnett, more than Duncan or Deandre Jordan.

But yeah, some I guess think the Cavs spending more on Bynum than Tim Duncan or Deandre Jordan was a good idea. I don't.
it really astounds me that, even after I gave you hints that you were completely and totally wrong about the Bynum deal- that you still refused to do any research and came with absolute nonsense.

The ignorance is hilarious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not certain how many more times it can be said they didn't just get JR for Waiters. And that the Cavs were as likely to draft me as Lillard after taking Kyrie.
the Bynum deal was not close to 2 years 24M- i tried to give the idiot a chance to recant his bullshit and he was obviously either too ignorant or too lazy or a combination of both.

The Bynum deal was 2 years 24M but had several outs- it was NEVER going to be 2 years 24M unless Bynum played like a mad man and was amazing again.

Griffin made basically an artificial trade deadline in the contract- the contract was terminable in January and NONE of the money after like 3 months was guaranteed.

The Bynum deal, for all intents and purposes, was a 3 month contract with about 3M dollars. The whole value in the contract was that it could be used to bring back 12M in salary, but was immediately terminable to any team that traded for him- basically an "in-season" expiring contract- a loop hole that has now been closed.

It was a 3 month try-out to see if a formerly ultra-talented player had worked his way back. He didn't and because Griffin structured the deal to have no risk for the Cavs- they moved on from him.

• 7/19/13 — Signed Andrew Bynum to a two-year, $24.8 million contract (both seasons non/partially guaranteed).

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that says more than I ever could about the Cavs front office.

This started with Getting JR Smith instead of Lilliard being a brilliant move, to now paying Bynum on a multi year contract more than Duncan or Deandre wasn't something to even bat an eye at, to reaching for Bennett is in some way defensible.

Just shows how failure is accepted and defended because it is so common with that front office.

I'm sorry that Lillard > JR, that 2013 Cavs draft is arguably the worst ever by a team, and paying Bynum more than Duncan was an awful choice are things I have to actually defend.

Fine. They had the tools to build a dynasty. And ended up with a ring. This isn't a FO who's ineptitude screwed their fans out of a couple playoffs or a conference finals. They screwed them out of a dynasty and the greatest player in NBA history (twice) with their lack of ability to get anything remotely decent around him.

That to me is why they probably should be in this conversation. It was great to see them win a ring. It's really frustrating though to see what should have been a dynasty ruined by a bad front office.
i define "failure" as winning 2 playoff series since 1994 and never even making it to the NBA Finals.

as i said- as far as the long term outlook- the Nuggets are arguably the least successful NBA franchise in the history of the league.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not certain how many more times it can be said they didn't just get JR for Waiters. And that the Cavs were as likely to draft me as Lillard after taking Kyrie.
honestly this is a lot of bitterness from him if you ask me.

He sees the Cavs have a home grown guy that is arguably the best player in the history of the league take them to 5 NBA Finals- and he is rooting for a team that has made the CONFERENCE Finals twice in their history.

Think about that- the Nuggets have won 2 playoff series since 1994.

I would be pretty butt-hurt as well.

Now the Nuggets are great for the first time in forever- and still have no chance to win a title with GSW in the way. It has to sting.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i define "failure" as winning 2 playoff series since 1994 and never even making it to the NBA Finals.

as i said- as far as the long term outlook- the Nuggets are arguably the least successful NBA franchise in the history of the league.

Who's that? Oh the Nuggets.. Like I said I follow them because that's where I live, actually more of a fan of players than anything.

But nice deflection. I see that's your defense now is to deflect.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly this is a lot of bitterness from him if you ask me.

He sees the Cavs have a home grown guy that is arguably the best player in the history of the league take them to 5 NBA Finals- and he is rooting for a team that has made the CONFERENCE Finals twice in their history.

Think about that- the Nuggets have won 2 playoff series since 1994.

I would be pretty butt-hurt as well.

Now the Nuggets are great for the first time in forever- and still have no chance to win a title with GSW in the way. It has to sting.

lol. I love JR. Have a jersey of him. No he is ot better than Lilliard.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's that? Oh the Nuggets.. Like I said I follow them because that's where I live, actually more of a fan of players than anything.

But nice deflection. I see that's your defense now is to deflect.
i would be glad to explain to you the difference between a guaranteed and un-guaranteed contract if you would like. lol

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bynum deal was not close to 2 years 24M- i tried to give the idiot a chance to recant his bullshit and he was obviously either too ignorant or too lazy or a combination of both.

The Bynum deal was 2 years 24M but had several outs- it was NEVER going to be 2 years 24M unless Bynum played like a mad man and was amazing again.

Griffin made basically an artificial trade deadline in the contract- the contract was terminable in January and NONE of the money after like 3 months was guaranteed.

The Bynum deal, for all intents and purposes, was a 3 month contract with about 3M dollars. The whole value in the contract was that it could be used to bring back 12M in salary, but was immediately terminable to any team that traded for him- basically an "in-season" expiring contract- a loop hole that has now been closed.

It was a 3 month try-out to see if a formerly ultra-talented player had worked his way back. He didn't and because Griffin structured the deal to have no risk for the Cavs- they moved on from him.

• 7/19/13 — Signed Andrew Bynum to a two-year, $24.8 million contract (both seasons non/partially guaranteed).

This person is literally still defending paying Bynum more than Duncan. wow. I can't make this up. I said it was a bad deal, and he's defending this still.

Sorry bud, I am not going to say that the Bynum deal, nor the 1st round pick they had to throw in to get him off the roster was good.

You defending this as some bright spot for the Front office says more about that front office than I ever could.

Have a wonderful day kiddo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This person is literally still defending paying Bynum more than Duncan. wow. I can't make this up. I said it was a bad deal, and he's defending this still.

Sorry bud, I am not going to say that the Bynum deal, nor the 1st round pick they had to throw in to get him off the roster was good.

You defending this as some bright spot for the Front office says more about that front office than I ever could.

Have a wonderful day kiddo.
who paid bynum more than duncan? what the hell are you talking about?

as i said

if you would like me to explain to you the difference between a guaranteed contract and an un-guaranteed contract I would be happy to educate you. lol

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be glad to explain to you the difference between a guaranteed and un-guaranteed contract if you would like. lol

Oh that's right, they owed the full 6 million even when they booted him after 19 starts.. What was that, 320k a start? Wow, a pace for 26 million a year for that guy, when only Kobe made over 22 mil that season. Talk about brilliant. Pay Bynum more per start than Lebron, the sign of a great front office.

Why are you defending that???? What about paying Bynum over TWICE as much per start in 2013 than Duncan are you defending here?

Or are you defending the having to throw in a 1st round pick and a couple 2nds and offer to swap the worst first round pick just in order to get him dumped and add Luol Deng for 40 games?

I am sticking with my belief that paying Bynum about 3 times as much a start as Steph Curry's deal is a good thing. Just me. But keep defending it kiddo.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who paid bynum more than duncan? what the hell are you talking about?

as i said

if you would like me to explain to you the difference between a guaranteed contract and an un-guaranteed contract I would be happy to educate you. lol

Duncan 2013 74 starts, 10.3 million in salary
Bynum 2013, 19 starts, 6 million in salary

Duncan made 139k a start
Bynum made $316k a start

Sorry I'll take Duncan on the court for half the cost. But that's me. Defend Bynum at twice as much when you'd like.

And we haven't even got to all the picks they had to throw in to be able to find a taker for Bynum and get Deng for 40 games.

So all in it was...

over 18 mil in salaries
two 1st round picks (don't forget they had to send a first to get rid of Jack where they received nothing)
a top 20 selection in his rookie year
A top 20 selection in his 2nd year
a swap for the worst 1st
AND three 2nd round picks

To get those three to pair with kyrie for a season. Holy hell. why are you defending that?

Like do you think that's good? Like it doesn't really become a bad move until we've given away the fourth 1st round pick just to get out of that free agency disaster?

Last edited:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'm done. I am saying:

18 mil in salaries
two 1st round picks (don't forget they had to send a first to get rid of Jack where they received nothing)
a swap for the worst 1st

for the Bynum, Deng, Jack season (with Jack the only one on the roster for at least half the year)

Is bad.

What are you saying? It's not a bad deal until you have to throw in your FIFTH 1st round pick into getting out of it a year later? That says all you need to say about the front office.... that this is one of their defensible moves. Wow. Thank you.

I couldn't make my point any better than you just did for me. Have a wonderful day.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You leave out they got Deng in that deal lol

"add Luol Deng for 40 games"....

It was in there. lol. Jan 10th was his first game. By Feb 3 was calling them out as a mess and saying he wanted out.

I guess we could include that in this brilliant move. How many picks did they spend on that part?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan 2013 74 starts, 10.3 million in salary
Bynum 2013, 19 starts, 6 million in salary

Duncan made 139k a start
Bynum made $316k a start

Sorry I'll take Duncan on the court for half the cost. But that's me. Defend Bynum at twice as much when you'd like.

And we haven't even got to all the picks they had to throw in to be able to find a taker for Bynum and get Deng for 40 games.

So all in it was...

over 18 mil in salaries
a swap for the worst 1st

To get those three to pair with kyrie for a season. Holy hell. why are you defending that?

Like do you think that's good? Like it doesn't really become a bad move until we've given away the fourth 1st round pick just to get out of that free agency disaster?
AHAHAHAH, you were proven wrong now you are grasping at straws like money paid per games started? LOL.....oh man too funny.

so let me ask you again

who paid bynum more money than duncan?

certainly not the Cavs, lol

you just sound very butt hurt at this point

i mean- the facts are the facts- the Cavs signed Bynum to a un-guaranteed contract to see if he could regain his form- and were smart enough to structure that contract as a trade asset even if he never played another minute.

to at first try and sell it as this monstrosity of a 2 year 24M dollar deal and then back pedal to "$ per start" is just hilarious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id certainly rather have drafted Dion Waiters #4 overall than trade down in the pick where Donovan Mitchell was taken and take Trey Lyles. LOL

ya know what? we could have Donovan Mitchell--- but lets pick up a late first rounder and take TREY LYLES! LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I think that didn't make sense to me either. I just think they at best got a nice choice, not the movemthat could have made the franchise, and for the most got a lot less than they could have and it cost them LeBron for the rest of his career... And maybe Irving too (I think he was less about wanting to be the #1 and more about not wanting to rebuild without LeBron, but that's just me).

That's why I don't like it. They were given a golden platter. Played the tank to perfection post LeBron and couldn't put together an ok team that would have kept LeBron. Because if he truly felt he could compete with the west I think he'd still be there. Once LA was not just a media haven't but also a place with better building blocks he was done.
I get rational and facts aren't your thing, but Lebron joining LA kind of tells ya winning wasn't his #1 priority, doesn't it? Talk about a mess.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An

And yes. Could have had embiid. Love made about what? 10 more games than him a year the past 4 years.

I'd still take him and Oladipo (or porter. Or caldwell pope. Or McCollum) and about 15 million in cap space over Love. And I like Love. But not compared to that.

And that draft did suck. And guess who the drafted the two worst players in the top 25? What front office found the two worst of the worst?

Not just once getting the least valuable guy, but coming back and managing to find the next least valuable taken?

As for not taking Kyrie and Lilliard, that's kinda like saying Golden State had Ellis averaging 25-6. So there's no way they would take another scoring PG like Curry there. Why wouldn't they? Unless you are saying that's only something a good team would do. Or that with Westbrook OKC would never take a guy like harden in the top 3.

There's two guard spots and both of those guys can shoot and score and cover guards . Are you saying their FO is so disfunctional they would pass on a talented guy just because he could also lead an offense and pass and not follow the example of some pretty good teams? How would GS look if they took your advice and said it's either thabeet or Jordan Hill? I'm sorry but I will have to disagree that getting two scorers who can pass is a bad thing.
could have had Embid? Who would not have played for Lebron's first 2 seasons here? I stopped reading after that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow the local teams because they are the ones I can go to and watch. But I am more of a player fan. But nice distraction. I see you'd rather not actually debate what is said.
you mean the factually incorrect comments must be debated