• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Five-

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That time of the year, to just fill the board with non-stories...

I'm going to keep this to one continious thread , instead of having a thread for each position...

Just list your all time 49er 'Top Five' greats for any given category...

I will start a new category every other day or so...

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First 'Top Five'

All time 49er Offensive lineman-

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First 'Top Five'

All time 49er Offensive lineman-
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

in no particular order............
1: Jesse Sapolu
2: Keith Farnhorst
3: Joe Staley
4: Randy Cross
5: Fred Quilan or was it John Ayers? both were good, but one was a 49er longer?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob St. Claire! :)

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in no particular order............
1: Jesse Sapolu
2: Keith Farnhorst
3: Joe Staley
4: Randy Cross
5: Fred Quilan or was it John Ayers? both were good, but one was a 49er longer?

I'd say Harris Barton has to be part of that list...he was a mauler and part of that epic line. Drafted in 1987 he was the runner up rookie of the year, made 89 consecutive starts and won 3 Super Bowls.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say Harris Barton has to be part of that list...he was a mauler and part of that epic line. Drafted in 1987 he was the runner up rookie of the year, made 89 consecutive starts and won 3 Super Bowls.

yes, certainly another "top 5" candidate.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm old but not THAT old??!!

:-)

lol, I'm in my mid thirties but I always try to pay homage to the old timers... I credit a whole lot of reading up on the history of the franchise and as much Steve Sabol naritives as possible when I was growing up...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol, I'm in my mid thirties but I always try to pay homage to the old timers... I credit a whole lot of reading up on the history of the franchise and as much Steve Sabol naritives as possible when I was growing up...

haaa, I know of him but since I didn't see him play (not even on TV), couldn't include him.

btw - could've swore we got Ayers via trade with the Chargers, but apparently we drafted him? now who is that OG I was thinking of? ahhhh, never mind.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm biased though...when I was a kid I used to take care of his lawn and plants when he was out on the road...had the pleasure of hanging out with Steve Young when he was just a back-up QB...watched Bubba Perris eat 2 large pizzas to the dome. Also had the pleasure of meeting Pierce Holt (D-lineman), who at the time was the most giant human being I had ever seen in my life (also an absolute beast of a player).

So...I guess I'm an old fart on this board. Barton was a hell of a player though and a really amazing human. He always told me to study hard and take school seriously.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm biased though...when I was a kid I used to take care of his lawn and plants when he was out on the road...had the pleasure of hanging out with Steve Young when he was just a back-up QB...watched Bubba Perris eat 2 large pizzas to the dome. Also had the pleasure of meeting Pierce Holt (D-lineman), who at the time was the most giant human being I had ever seen in my life (also an absolute beast of a player).

So...I guess I'm an old fart on this board. Barton was a hell of a player though and a really amazing human. He always told me to study hard and take school seriously.

I knew Barton would get some love in the top five talk... Him and Sapolu were the epidemy of the Bob Mc Kittrick style of play IMHO...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

totally agree on Holt. back then the D-line didn't have BIG stars, but obviously they were huge in our success. Holt was a real solid piece.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of former o-lineman, how about this image?

fdf45b1766c453a40e353204bf8d6828.jpg