• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Five-

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haaa, you read that same book I see?

perfect storm for me to be reading a Dallas Cowboy book, but it was a perfect storm.

I didn't read the whole book but someone picked up excerpts in a article. Weird dude but he could rush the QB.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Top five reason's why you watch football-

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's a RB but Roger is still our third leading receiver all-time.....by receptions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 69

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Jerry Rice
2. RC Owens
3. Gene Washington
4. John Taylor
5. TO

will have to change my mind from above, although I did like Clark, didn't realize how long a career he had? So as much as RC Owens is well known for alley oops, Clark's 49er career is just too strong.

other than Rice, in no particular order..........

1. Jerry Rice
2. Dwight Clark
3. Gene Washington
4. John Taylor
5. TO

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know he's a RB but Roger is still our third leading receiver all-time.....by receptions.

so many times I was just amazed at that swing pass to Craig? how can such a simple pass continue to be so successful? didn't the LB just KNOW Craig would cut inside?

timing factors a lot into one's career stats, so unfortunate timing for Vernon Davis.....from a receptions standpoint. but since more receptions means more yards, its also unfortunate from a yards standpoint.

Dwight Clark was helped a lot by timing, he played at the right time.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so many times I was just amazed at that swing pass to Craig? how can such a simple pass continue to be so successful? didn't the LB just KNOW Craig would cut inside?

timing factors a lot into one's career stats, so unfortunate timing for Vernon Davis.....from a receptions standpoint. but since more receptions means more yards, its also unfortunate from a yards standpoint.

Dwight Clark was helped a lot by timing, he played at the right time.

You'd think they might want to implement a few of those swing passes these days.....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You'd think they might want to implement a few of those swing passes these days.....

yeah, this came up last year with LMJ, putting him at his best in the 'open field'. I'd think Hunter would do ok too?

but seem to recall Walsh said defenses got too quick for some of his 80's 'bread and butter' plays? believe he was referring to this swing pass, and those short passes to the 'flats'? believe he also said that's why the sweep plays, wide running plays no longer worked?

Walsh said this back in the 90's, not long after the dynasty.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, this came up last year with LMJ, putting him at his best in the 'open field'. I'd think Hunter would do ok too?

but seem to recall Walsh said defenses got too quick for some of his 80's 'bread and butter' plays? believe he was referring to this swing pass, and those short passes to the 'flats'? believe he also said that's why the sweep plays, wide running plays no longer worked?

Walsh said this back in the 90's, not long after the dynasty.

I agree, you can't base an offense off that, but I saw last year that Manning said if the swing pass was open he would go to it right away no matter what because it was always a positive play. I just tried to look it up and could't find it, but it was something along those lines. Anyway... would love to see it used even a little with this team. Screen pass here and there would do wonders.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, you can't base an offense off that, but I saw last year that Manning said if the swing pass was open he would go to it right away no matter what because it was always a positive play. I just tried to look it up and could't find it, but it was something along those lines. Anyway... would love to see it used even a little with this team. Screen pass here and there would do wonders.

yes, why not try it out a few times. try it out with LMJ in pre-season games. we would also find out if Kaep can throw those passes, IMO it isn't as easy as it looks.