• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 players/positions you'd most like to see improve for 2015-2016

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Luke Wilson
- This guy's measurements and physical attributes are off the charts. He is 6'5, runs a 4.46, has a 38 inch vertical, and showed good strength lifting 225 lbs 23 times. If a Luke Willson was coming out of this draft we would be drooling to get him. The talent and gifted physical abilities are all there. If only he could just be more consistent with his hands. His route running needs a bit more refining and his blocking still needs a lot of improvement. There's not many lbs out there fast enough and big enough to cover Luke. He should be producing 700-800 yards with 6-7 tds.

2) Okung/Unger
- When our all pro tackle and center was playing at an elite level in 2012, we were mauling teams with our run game. Marshawn ran for 1590 yards with a 5.0 avg carry that year. We need Okung and Unger to return to elite form and most importantly...stay healthy!

3) Bruce Irvin
- This is not a weakness or a hole that needs to be filled. This is just an area and a position that I think Bruce Irvin can take to another level. I think he has it in him to take 6.5 sacks and either double it or take it to double digits. Can you imagine a 10-12 sack Bruce Irvin wrecking havoc? If it's any year to have a break out season it's this one...his contract year.

4) Christine Micheal
- Even if Marshawn returns his NFL life is nearing its end. We need to start grooming Christine Michael to be the back of the future if Pete still feels that he's the guy. Otherwise draft someone this off season.

5) Tharold Simon
- A lot of criticism has gone Simon's way and deservingly so. Edelman owned him in the Superbowl. However, some of that had to do with Simon playing out of position. Slot is not his forte. He's better being the outside cornerback. I think he has the ability to be at least as good as Maxwell is now once he develops.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm I just don't think Irvin is used in a way to dial up that many sacks, but I guess he could 'get there' more consistently on the blitz. He turned it on pretty good in the playoffs.

Luke Willson is without question everyone's "COME ON!" prospect on the team. If would fill a HUGE void (tight end is a big weakness on this team currently).

Michael is another huge one. He's got the running style down (good cuts, good power, speed) but his fumble issues (can be fixed, look at Peterson) and blocking have to be improved. It really sucked to see him fumble in game 1 because I feel like it just immediately put him on the back burner with Pete/Bevell. He had a good preseason. Regardless of all the BS I think Lynch will return (he'll want the money and no team is going to pay him THAT much given his 400+ carries back to back seasons - inc. playoffs) but it leaves a void after this year. Still, gives us some time to spend another 3rd or so round on a back.

Simon is okay IMO, he hasn't had a lot of playing time and had to go against Brady with ZERO pass rush once Avril went down. Not too worried about that right now.

Okung/Unger just need to stay healthy.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Luke Wilson
- This guy's measurements and physical attributes are off the charts. He is 6'5, runs a 4.46, has a 38 inch vertical, and showed good strength lifting 225 lbs 23 times. If a Luke Willson was coming out of this draft we would be drooling to get him. The talent and gifted physical abilities are all there. If only he could just be more consistent with his hands. His route running needs a bit more refining and his blocking still needs a lot of improvement. There's not many lbs out there fast enough and big enough to cover Luke. He should be producing 700-800 yards with 6-7 tds.

2) Okung/Unger
- When our all pro tackle and center was playing at an elite level in 2012, we were mauling teams with our run game. Marshawn ran for 1590 yards with a 5.0 avg carry that year. We need Okung and Unger to return to elite form and most importantly...stay healthy!

3) Bruce Irvin
- This is not a weakness or a hole that needs to be filled. This is just an area and a position that I think Bruce Irvin can take to another level. I think he has it in him to take 6.5 sacks and either double it or take it to double digits. Can you imagine a 10-12 sack Bruce Irvin wrecking havoc? If it's any year to have a break out season it's this one...his contract year.

4) Christine Micheal
- Even if Marshawn returns his NFL life is nearing its end. We need to start grooming Christine Michael to be the back of the future if Pete still feels that he's the guy. Otherwise draft someone this off season.

5) Tharold Simon
- A lot of criticism has gone Simon's way and deservingly so. Edelman owned him in the Superbowl. However, some of that had to do with Simon playing out of position. Slot is not his forte. He's better being the outside cornerback. I think he has the ability to be at least as good as Maxwell is now once he develops.

1. OL - more stability, better health, upgrade in talent
2. Byron Maxwell's replacement. It can't be Simon. if it is simon, we are fucked.
3. QB. Wilson is a good QB. He's our franchise QB. There is still alot of room for improvement. Clock management and TO management are two areas in particular.
4. TE - young, healthy guys who have a 'block-first' mentality but can catch (and not drop, Luke) when needed.
5. WRs. We need a tall guy who can outleap defenders in the end zone and down the sidelines.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. OL - Needs an upgrade for sure in the pass blocking department which means leave Cable on the outside of the draft room. I say use a first or second rounder.

2. CB - With Lane's injury, Maxwell probably going to get a big pay raise on the FA market and Simon being meh at best I think a second or third rounder and an additional late pick for depth is in need.

3. DL - Pass rush was hurting at times since we lost many players to injuries. I think a first or second rounder would be the way to go to get that line stable again.

4. WR - Draft or via FA. I like our guys and it sucks injury knocked a couple out, but I think Seattle could use a Dez Bryant type physical reciever. That would really open things up for RW.

5. KR/PR - Draft someone in the later rounders with speed and vision that can hit the holes on special teams.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) OL - I am not sure that the Seahawks will do what people say they want, i.e. a pass protection lineman. Really, the greatest thing that could happen to improve the line is for their best players to be playing. Okung and Unger have both missed 10 games the last 2 seasons. Keep them healthy and it'll be an improvement. If they can bring in an Iupati, then that's great too, but health is the biggest thing this unit needs.

2) WR - Getting the targeted WR open when he needs to be open will be huge. Wilson holds the ball more than any other QB, and that's as much the don't turn it over focus as anything. WRs do get open, but it just seems that too often it isn't the #1 option on a play that's getting open. I'm not sure that bringing in a big name guy will do much, as that'll just push coverage over to that player while our other receivers still can't get open consistently.

3) DL - Again getting healthy will be a huge step in the right direction. Adding another DT is a must, I would prefer someone who can collapse the pocket inside to team up with Hill on passing downs. Personally, I like Xavier Cooper, who could be had with a 2nd round pick, or later depending.

4) CB - People have been over critical of Tharold Simon and I think they will be surprised. I mean, he was getting plenty of praise for his play against Carolina when he played the outside. He missed the first 6 games this season, which amounted to his rookie year. Give him a little more time to develop. Really, I think that we need a consistent nickel back more than we need to worry about the RCB position. They need someone who is just quick and covers well, cause though the NFC likes those big WRs, the AFC is enamored with the small guys.

5) TE - Willson has to improve his hands. The guy is just way too explosive to be limiting what he can do by not catching the ball. I can live with his below average blocking as long as he starts holding onto the ball. I may be in the minority, but I'm excited to get Miller back, as he was the team MVP when he went down (IMO). He does everything well, and our offense benefits greatly from his efforts.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, it looks like Lane is in for a very long offseason (ACL surgery and broken arm) and the Seahawks need to address the nickel back position. So, I guess this takes CB from #4 on my list to #1.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, it looks like Lane is in for a very long offseason (ACL surgery and broken arm) and the Seahawks need to address the nickel back position. So, I guess this takes CB from #4 on my list to #1.

You don't use a #1 on a nickel back. Heck the Seahawks haven't use a #1 on a cb yet, even a starter. I don't see that changing this draft.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't use a #1 on a nickel back. Heck the Seahawks haven't use a #1 on a cb yet, even a starter. I don't see that changing this draft.

No, I am not saying we draft a NB #1, just that shoring up our DBfield should be the #1 priority, since as it is now constituted, it's the place where there seems to be the most question marks.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this make Maxwell more of a priority to resign this off season? Ugh...damn it Lane why couldn't you have just kneeled the ball in the end zone after the interception

It would have been a totally different game with Lane in there on Edelman. We'd be talking about going for a 3 peat right now with a fully healthy Lane emerging as a starting cb.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this make Maxwell more of a priority to resign this off season? Ugh...damn it Lane why couldn't you have just kneeled the ball in the end zone after the interception

It would have been a totally different game with Lane in there on Edelman. We'd be talking about going for a 3 peat right now with a fully healthy Lane emerging as a starting cb.

When he first got hurt, I thought it was his knee, but pictures of his arm on the ground quickly dispelled my fear for his knee. Now, it just really sucks to have broken his arm and torn his ACL on the same hit. Talk about getting messed up!