• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 most hated Patriots

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ran across this article about Cassius Marsh where he claims he is top 5 most hated Patriots of all time.

Barely remember him and I certainly don't hate him. That said, it got me to thinking. Not sure I can make a list of 5 players I hate but I can think of a few. You got any?

1) Drew Bledsoe - sorry. I know he's a stand up guy and put NE back on the map as a contender after he was drafted but I absolutely hated watching him play. I was so sick of the Monday morning headlines "Bledsoe almost brings the Pats back with late game heroics". Week after week he underperformed just enough to lose.
2) Albert Haynsworth - what a lazy douche. So much god given potential wasted on an asswipe.
3) Terry Glenn - it all started with the Kraft's insisting he be drafted and then Parcell's referring to him as "she" which pissed off Kraft's wife. Then the fucking fool acts like a dick and misses out on their magical super bowl season. While he played in a few games that season(caught Brady's first career TD) the Pats chose to not reward him with a ring. In my eyes Belichick standing up to Glenn, the teams star player at that point, helped kick off the "Patriot way". Shit canning Lawyer Malloy two years later solidified it.

That's what I got.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady (fuck meeeechegan!)

If there are any other current or former Pats that played their college ball in ann arbor add them to the list.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there are any other current or former Pats that played their college ball in ann arbor add them to the list.

Very well thought out answer. But why would you hate the GOAT?

Oh wait.....................

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well thought out answer. But why would you hate the GOAT?

Oh wait.....................

There are a couple college programs that no matter what I'll never support players from that school.. That community college in ann arbor, dook, BYU & nevaaaada-reeeeno (<---was a UNLV basketball season ticket holder when I lived in the Vegas area) are at the top of the list.

You'll like this one. When it comes to the NBA there's no other team I love to hate more than the Lakers.

Go Celtics!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Curtis Martin
2. Aqib Talib
3. Joe Thuney
4. N'Keal Harry
5. Malcolm Butler

Just my guess. I don't hate many people. These guys really pissed me off.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a couple college programs that no matter what I'll never support players from that school.. That community college in ann arbor, dook, BYU & nevaaaada-reeeeno (<---was a UNLV basketball season ticket holder when I lived in the Vegas area) are at the top of the list.

You'll like this one. When it comes to the NBA there's no other team I love to hate more than the Lakers.

Go Celtics!
Fair enough... Hate for hate ain't right, but hate with purpose can pass.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just ran across this article about Cassius Marsh where he claims he is top 5 most hated Patriots of all time.

Barely remember him and I certainly don't hate him. That said, it got me to thinking. Not sure I can make a list of 5 players I hate but I can think of a few. You got any?

1) Drew Bledsoe - sorry. I know he's a stand up guy and put NE back on the map as a contender after he was drafted but I absolutely hated watching him play. I was so sick of the Monday morning headlines "Bledsoe almost brings the Pats back with late game heroics". Week after week he underperformed just enough to lose.
2) Albert Haynsworth - what a lazy douche. So much god given potential wasted on an asswipe.
3) Terry Glenn - it all started with the Kraft's insisting he be drafted and then Parcell's referring to him as "she" which pissed off Kraft's wife. Then the fucking fool acts like a dick and misses out on their magical super bowl season. While he played in a few games that season(caught Brady's first career TD) the Pats chose to not reward him with a ring. In my eyes Belichick standing up to Glenn, the teams star player at that point, helped kick off the "Patriot way". Shit canning Lawyer Malloy two years later solidified it.

That's what I got.
Bledsoe did the same thing in Buffalo as well as Dallas. Stand up guy but he wanted to be a hero and never got he was dragging the team down.

The statue of liberty play is an all time classic, but Bledsoe's version, just called "the statue", not so much.

As for Glenn, I'd ask you to reconsider. The guy truly had mental health issues. His behavior wasn't his fault... and I don't give a pass to just anyone who claims mental health issues.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) Asante Samuel - 19 and 0 slipped right through his fingers. Once again, a seemingly good dude, but DAMN!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Curtis Martin
2. Aqib Talib
3. Joe Thuney
4. N'Keal Harry
5. Malcolm Butler

Just my guess. I don't hate many people. These guys really pissed me off.

Interesting choices.

Ya, fuck Curtis Martin. I forgot about him. He's brings my list to 5.

The rest of your list I personally have either good or neutral feelings towards.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gino Cappelletti
Ron Burton
Houston Antwine
Larry Garron
Babe Parilli

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) Asante Samuel - 19 and 0 slipped right through his fingers. Once again, a seemingly good dude, but DAMN!
MFer wanted his money but couldn't close the deal. After letting that go he "watched" Rodney try to separate the ball from David Tyree.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dead seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm never really thought about this.

1. Malcolm Butler
2. Richard Seymour

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like 2009 - 2013 Bill couldn't draft or trade or pick up a cornerback that could make a play, or get on the field.

Dowling, Butler #1, O'Neil, Springs, Bodden, Wheatley Wilhite.

1626271125667.png

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Butler on a hated list? The man who changed football history with a single reaction?

Something happened with the Philly SB, and sure give him some blame, but it does not cancel the impact of that ONE PLAY.

His best year was probably 2015 and in that year he overplayed his earning for his entire Patriot run. That means he played for free in 2014, and 2016-2017. His biggest mistake was not being patient until 2018 when he nabbed what turned out to be $40 from Tennessee for 3 years of service. Had he been patient and played his best ball he would have earned more from the 2018 contract and TB would have 8 rings.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Butler on a hated list? The man who changed football history with a single reaction?

Something happened with the Philly SB, and sure give him some blame, but it does not cancel the impact of that ONE PLAY.

I agree. That will forever be remembered as on the THE great plays not just in NE but in NFL history.