• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 3 Cy Young Canidates this year as of now

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer, King Felix and Masterson in the AL. Colon and Holland hanging around the conversation though. Kershaw, Wainwright and Harvey in the NL. Cliff Lee and Corbin could get in the mix again if Harvey gets forced to put the kid gloves on, which is probably a great idea.

:L

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer, King Felix and Masterson in the AL. Colon and Holland hanging around the conversation though. Kershaw, Wainwright and Harvey in the NL. Cliff Lee and Corbin could get in the mix again if Harvey gets forced to put the kid gloves on, which is probably a great idea.

Darvish doesn't have the innings to be there, for me.

He missed a few starts :L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter to me why a pitchers innings are down. Just that they are. Innings pitched, in my opinion is the most important thing a starter can do for his team throughout the season. Strikeouts, groundouts, fly outs, they're all outs. But getting the most, in whatever form you can, stands out to me.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yu is better than holland, colon, masterson that's not even a question

That's nice, but his innings are significantly less. Hard to be better than anyone when you aren't on the mound.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter to me why a pitchers innings are down. Just that they are. Innings pitched, in my opinion is the most important thing a starter can do for his team throughout the season. Strikeouts, groundouts, fly outs, they're all outs. But getting the most, in whatever form you can, stands out to me.

But.... He still has better numbers than all 3 pitchers I mentioned

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also getting the strikeouts is probably the most important if you are trying to prevent players in scoring position from scoring

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesn't. Like I said, innings trump all. And his innings are very low in comparison to those I listed.

No he doesn't. Better ERA, more Ks, better opp average innings and wins are bad stats. I think the closer won cy young before. So stop :L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also getting the strikeouts is probably the most important if you are trying to prevent players in scoring position from scoring

Don't let people get on base in the first place. As in don't walk batters. Which is what Kershaw, Wainwright, Scherzer and Colon do. Limit walks. Darvish has a much higher walk total, and a substantially higher walk rate than those i listed. (Masterson being an outlier, Im not huge on him anyway) A strikeout is just an out. Important sure, but just an out. No different than a pop foul to third.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesn't. Better ERA, more Ks, better opp average innings and wins are bad stats. I think the closer won cy young before. So stop :L

Bad stats eh? If you're out stumping for Yu Darvish they sure are....

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let people get on base in the first place. As in don't walk batters. Which is what Kershaw, Wainwright, Scherzer and Colon do. Limit walks. Darvish has a much higher walk total, and a substantially higher walk rate than those i listed. (Masterson being an outlier, Im not huge on him anyway) A strikeout is just an out. Important sure, but just an out. No different than a pop foul to third.

He gives way less hits than those guys you mentioned except for Kershaw so it could be considered a wash. And get the fuck out of here with that stuff. Bartolo colon is not a cy young Canidate

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mention darvish doesn't have enough innings but yet he's like a few innings or tied or better than them if he doesn't miss 2 starts..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of walks and less innings than the other leading candidates. He could win, not saying he couldnt. so could five or six other guys if the last two months work out for them. I just view him as trailing a handful of guys right now. And that stance won't change on account of Ks. Unless they come over the course of a bunch of innings during the next two months.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of walks and less innings than the other leading candidates. He could win, not saying he couldnt. so could five or six other guys if the last two months work out for them. I just view him as trailing a handful of guys right now. And that stance won't change on account of Ks. Unless they come over the course of a bunch of innings during the next two months.

So you're basically saying 8-15 innings is the difference maker?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mention darvish doesn't have enough innings but yet he's like a few innings or tied or better than them if he doesn't miss 2 starts..

But he missed two starts. So I don't see your point. Maybe he gets lucky, Texas has some rainouts and gets his starts back at the expense of Martin Perez, idk. But unless he reaches the innings level of his peers/competition, I'll have to look at him differently than those who sit 20 innings/60 outs ahead. Regardless of the excuse/reason he's trailing.