• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 NBA Player TODAY

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a larger sample size, not only did Irving kick the shit out of curry in the finals matchup he also was better the entire playoffs...

Irving 25.2 ppg .475 fg% .440 3 pt% To 2.3 Stl 1.7 Blk .6

Curry 25.1 ppg .438 fg% .404 3 pt% To 4.2 Stl 1.4 Blk .3

Not to mention curry didn't even make the playoffs when he was Irvings age

by the way, You're comparing a guy that has lebron get the most attention. While steph gets the most attention overall on the court. Steph>>Kyrie

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Lebron James
2) Steph Curry
3) Kevin Durant
4) Kawhi Leonard
5) Russell Westbrook
6) Anthony Davis
7) Demarcus Cousins
8) Paul George
9) James Harden
10) Karl Anthony Towns

Next 5 in: Kyrie Irving, Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Blake Griffin

Towns is already in my top 10 players. He showed me enough last year at the end of the season to prove to me he's the real deal. For the upcoming season, I'm not taking more than 9 guys ahead of him as far as talent and skill go.

Top 5 I think are a given, just depends on order. Davis has had some injury problems but he's still an elite player. Cousins is still an all-world talent, despite being a headcase. Paul George came back into MVP form again last year. Harden is still the second best scorer in the NBA next to Kevin Durant. For his lack of defense, he's going to always put you in a position to win games just with his offense alone. That's how great he is offensively.

Irving just missed the cut because I had to include Harden on this list. I'd take Irving above Lillard now after his finals performance, but those two I think are close. Butler and Klay are as close as ever, although with his latest playoff show-out, I think I could make an argument for Klay over Butler. Draymond I think is a top 15 player, but I don't see him being able to crack the top 10. One guy I'm surprised no one gave any thought to was Blake Griffin. He could easily make his way back on to this list with a great year, next year. Some people think he's dead or something. It's crazy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Product of the system?? He is the system...... cmon man

I know the way I said it sounds like a knock, it is not. It goes back to most valuable vs. most outstanding.

Most valuable, IMO mean most impactful, which translates to best and includes both sides of the ball.

Most outstanding is almost more like most popular. It is usually a phenomenal offensive player on a highly successful team, with little regard to defense.

I think MVP trophies, the way they are awarded in the NBA are really most outstanding player awards. There is no way to argue Curry wasn't that this past year. But, as great as he is, he needs a system that fits his style for his talents to shine through. Durant pops in any system.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way, You're comparing a guy that has lebron get the most attention. While steph gets the most attention overall on the court. Steph>>Kyrie

Not worth having that argument with him. Every intelligent, nonbiased fan in the world knows Curry is better.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the way I said it sounds like a knock, it is not. It goes back to most valuable vs. most outstanding.

Most valuable, IMO mean most impactful, which translates to best and includes both sides of the ball.

Most outstanding is almost more like most popular. It is usually a phenomenal offensive player on a highly successful team, with little regard to defense.

I think MVP trophies, the way they are awarded in the NBA are really most outstanding player awards. There is no way to argue Curry wasn't that this past year. But, as great as he is, he needs a system that fits his style for his talents to shine through. Durant pops in any system.

Steph can shine in any system but he makes the system

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think being able to pop into any system is a bit unfair of an argument when assessing players talent. Take Klay Thompson for example. You could literally put him in any system and he would be a really really good player. Same with Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Kawhi, etc.

I think being a player who you build a system around is equally as great, if not great, when you consider what their peak would be at their best. Lebron has always had a system that catered around him, and for good reason. If you put Lebron on the Spurs, 3 years ago, I don't think he'd be the same player he was on the Heat. Because the Spurs system was not designed to highlight him in a way that would best suit his talent. That doesn't mean that Lebron wouldn't still have been the best player in the NBA or should be thought of less.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could you make up any more excuses?

Face it people are trying to take Irving off a top 10 list when he dropped 41 in a finals game and hit the game winning 3 in currys face...think about how stupid that sounds

Outside of lebron Irving was the next best player on the court...Out of both gs and cle

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you make up any more excuses?

Face it people are trying to take Irving off a top 10 list when he dropped 41 in a finals game and hit the game winning 3 in currys face...think about how stupid that sounds

Kyrie Irving has never made a single playoff series, while being the best player on his team.

#factsonly

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving has never made a single playoff series, while being the best player on his team.

#factsonly

Curry didn't even make the playoffs at Irving's age...And Irving played better than him

#factsonly

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry didn't even make the playoffs at Irving's age...And Irving played better than him

#factsonly

Irving's first playoff appearance came at the same time when the BEST player in the NBA joined his team.

#factsonly

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving's first playoff appearance came at the same time when the BEST player in the NBA joined his team.

#factsonly

Curry only ring came when Kyrie didn't play

#factsonly

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry only ring came when Kyrie didn't play

#factsonly

Curry's first ring came while playing against the Best Player in the NBA. Kyrie hasn't won a single playoff game, let alone make the playoffs without having the Best Player in the NBA to lead him there.

#factsonly

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good. Thanks for your concern AND your idiotic facepalms. Guess the truth hurts...

How long you been following this game again...?:pound::pound::pound:

I think lebron raymone james winning the championship has caused you severe brain damage...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry's first ring came while playing against the Best Player in the NBA. Kyrie hasn't won a single playoff game, let alone make the playoffs without having the Best Player in the NBA to lead him there.

#factsonly

Kyrie and love didn't play. When they did he lost. #Factsonly

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#factsonly

AND still has yet to ever go un-injured in a season...

But yeah, let's compare him and Curry based off of ONE series...:rolleyes2: