• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy...

DyFVt.jpg

Is that legit? Meaning, is that really Clay Matthews' FB page?

He could be in some serious hot water if that's legit.

Ain't no way Rog will take this lying down. Wallets will be lightened, and suspensions dolled out from this fallout.

The media/Espin reax to this is priceless. They're breaking down that endgame clip like it's the Zapruder film

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that legit? Meaning, is that really Clay Matthews' FB page?

He could be in some serious hot water if that's legit.

Ain't no way Rog will take this lying down. Wallets will be lightened, and suspensions dolled out from this fallout.

The media/Espin reax to this is priceless. They're breaking down that endgame clip like it's the Zapruder film

i saw last night it was a facebook fan page ... not matthews official facebook page

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw last night it was a facebook fan page ... not matthews official facebook page

That was my initial hunch. Thanks for the clarification.

No way is Matthews stupid enough to do that.

I still expect Rog to come down hard on the reaction by GB players' and others that collect a check from the NFL. They warned everyone last week that the league would not tolerate public criticism from league employees about the refs. Wallets will be lightened. :nod:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
‏@TCrabtree83
Imagine you make a painting. It isn't perfect by others' standards, but it's your painting. You are proud. Then someone takes a shit on it.

I must say I am enjoying the GB tweets.
will be very curious to see the NFL's official statement, and the accumulation of fines.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my initial hunch. Thanks for the clarification.

No way is Matthews stupid enough to do that.

I still expect Rog to come down hard on the reaction by GB players' and others that collect a check from the NFL. They warned everyone last week that the league would not tolerate public criticism from league employees about the refs. Wallets will be lightened. :nod:

the thing about it and kinda on topic of what Nasty said earlier this morning (re everyone doing something fine-able so they cant fine anyone) ... SO MANY players came out and called the league a joke last night after the game ... probably lots of fines coming (/or none at all?)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL: "The result of the game is final"

27d307df_Gladiator_thumbs_down.gif

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@TCrabtree83
Imagine you make a painting. It isn't perfect by others' standards, but it's your painting. You are proud. Then someone takes a shit on it.

I must say I am enjoying the GB tweets.
will be very curious to see the NFL's official statement, and the accumulation of fines.

That makes two of us:heh:

I think the reax to this is even more entertaining than the trainwreck of a football weekend it was for the refs.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing about it and kinda on topic of what Nasty said earlier this morning (re everyone doing something fine-able so they cant fine anyone) ... SO MANY players came out and called the league a joke last night after the game ... probably lots of fines coming (/or none at all?)

It is a valid point.

I still think those closely involved... pretty much all GB players that reacted negatively via social media, will pay a price for their comments.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
there is NO was the league lets all those tweeters have a freebie.
sets a precedent for open season on the replacements, and the league needs the replacements.

A3o7abiCEAACBbs.jpg

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sets a precedent for open season on the replacements, and the league needs the replacements.

Oh yeah.. I fully believe the league will come down hard on this criticism. No way will they let one union take pot shots at them while they're fighting another union.

Greed rules all. Meanwhile, in the NHL :thumbsdown:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that :ipw: has left the barn

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ouch.

Packers fans know that, as owners, they're the ones that locked out the refs, right?

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL now acknowledges the offensive pass interference call was missed preceding the 'catch' by Tate.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/25/nfl-statement-result-final-tate-should-have-been-flagged/

Never understood why they do this next day acknowledgement of mistakes. In 07, the jags and steelers met in a divisional playoff game, and the contest was decided on a last second scramble by Garrard that set up the clinching field goal.

Next day after the game the league acknowledged they missed two egregious holding calls on Harrison and Polamalu :L

At that point, who gives a shit? I seriously doubt that admission gives any respite to GB fans/players. Some things are best left unsaid.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL now acknowledges the offensive pass interference call was missed preceding the 'catch' by Tate.

Never understood why they do this next day acknowledgement of mistakes. In 07, the jags and steelers met in a divisional playoff game, and the contest was decided on a last second scramble by Garrard that set up the clinching field goal.

Next day after the game the league acknowledged they missed two egregious holding calls on Harrison and Polamalu :L

At that point, who gives a shit? I seriously doubt that admission gives any respite to GB fans/players. Some things are best left unsaid.

I like it, it's a much better approach than the NHL which essentially never acknowledges that a referee made a mistake and played a major factor in determining the outcome of a game (in fact, the NHL makes itself look worse by bending over backwards in supporting the referee when it's blatantly obvious that a mistake was made).

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, it's a much better approach than the NHL which essentially never acknowledges that a referee made a mistake and played a major factor in determining the outcome of a game (in fact, the NHL makes itself look worse by bending over backwards in supporting the referee when it's blatantly obvious that a mistake was made).

I suppose there is some credence to owning up to a mistake. In this particular case, the real mistake is allowing these unqualified officials work professional football games.

Any other 'apologies' stemming from their ineptness is a slap in the face. We all know they aren't qualified, already.

Status
Not open for further replies.