• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is a good thing this game was at a time where no one in the United States or Canada got to see it - otherwise people would be talking.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching ESPN? They seem to think the replacement refs got the call wrong. :confused2:

:peep:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching ESPN? They seem to think the replacement refs got the call wrong. :confused2:

:peep:

Well the refs are right there on the field, sometimes when we or commentators watch things from our TVs or from the booth things can look different. I am sure they made a fair and correct call.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nzq614.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Packers' fan and whether this was the right or wrong call, I actually don't think it was a completely terrible call (referring to the TD catch). I think the lack of OPI on the same play was much worse. But this game had a lot of bad calls both ways. It just so happens that this was the last play of the game.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second. Was that referee Danny Davis?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Packers' fan and whether this was the right or wrong call, I actually don't think it was a completely terrible call (referring to the TD catch). I think the lack of OPI on the same play was much worse. But this game had a lot of bad calls both ways. It just so happens that this was the last play of the game.

I agree. The interception/td play is getting all the press and I'm pretty convinced they got it wrong, but at least I can see a case that could be made for Tate and Jennings having simultaneous possession (again not saying it's right). But yeah that PI was as blatant as it gets, Tate just pushes the guy in front of him down. I am shocked that went uncalled, the refs generally well let the offensive players with a little shoving, but nothing like that. This play was a perfect example of why they always say to knock down the ball instead of going for the int. Never put the decision into the hands of the refs. I'll bet Jennings doesn't make that mistake again.

If it were up to me I'd love to be able to go back to the 3rd and 5 play in the fourth quarter, with Seattle up 7-6, right after Kam Chancellor broke up the pass play, pick up the flag (because there's no way it was PI) and say OK this time finish it out for real. It's too bad the fans were robbed of that, because this was actually a really good and really competitive game.

I'm glad about the win, I think the Seahawks are a playoff caliber team this year and this win will go a long way toward Seattle getting there. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't have sort of an empty feeling about this win. Almost doesn't feel like a victory if that makes any sense.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The interception/td play is getting all the press and I'm pretty convinced they got it wrong, but at least I can see a case that could be made for Tate and Jennings having simultaneous possession (again not saying it's right). But yeah that PI was as blatant as it gets, Tate just pushes the guy in front of him down. I am shocked that went uncalled, the refs generally well let the offensive players with a little shoving, but nothing like that. This play was a perfect example of why they always say to knock down the ball instead of going for the int. Never put the decision into the hands of the refs. I'll bet Jennings doesn't make that mistake again.

If it were up to me I'd love to be able to go back to the 3rd and 5 play in the fourth quarter, with Seattle up 7-6, right after Kam Chancellor broke up the pass play, pick up the flag (because there's no way it was PI) and say OK this time finish it out for real. It's too bad the fans were robbed of that, because this was actually a really good and really competitive game.

I'm glad about the win, I think the Seahawks are a playoff caliber team this year and this win will go a long way toward Seattle getting there. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't have sort of an empty feeling about this win. Almost doesn't feel like a victory if that makes any sense.

Yeah Jennings got a bit greedy going for the INT but he is mainly a receiver not a DB so I guess his instinct would be to make the catch.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about the phantom pass interference call on the same drive for 32 yards? Tonights game was a joke.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the phantom pass interference call on the same drive for 32 yards? Tonights game was a joke.

That's what I mean. Lots of bad calls both ways. It's just that the last 1 of the game is the one that is getting all the attention.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we saying that the referees were better on Monday Night Raw than Monday Night Football?!?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry folks, it's not officially confirmed, but I have it on good authority that next week's head ref for Monday Night Football is...wait for it...wait for it...

Christina-Pedersen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.