• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's painfully obvious that football is a very tough game to officiate. There are 22 players flying around the field and zebras bumping into each other.

These first three weeks should show every football fan that it's not an easy job and remember when the real ref's come back and blow ONE call against your fav team keep this in mind.

CUT THEM SOME FUCKING SLACK !!!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CUT THEM SOME FUCKING SLACK !!!

I don't fault the scabs, here. They are in way over their heads. The blame ultimately rests at the feet of the owners and their spokesman, Roger.

This is a greed/power struggle that isn't all that different from what the NHL is suffering through right now. It is appalling but predictable in this country.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fault the scabs, here. They are in way over their heads. The blame ultimately rests at the feet of the owners and their spokesman, Roger.

This is a greed/power struggle that isn't all that different from what the NHL is suffering through right now. It is appalling but predictable in this country.

I agree and that's the point I was trying to make. These guy's are in over their head, it's not an easy job.

Just a gut feeling but I think this thing is going to get settled soon.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, it's a much better approach than the NHL which essentially never acknowledges that a referee made a mistake and played a major factor in determining the outcome of a game (in fact, the NHL makes itself look worse by bending over backwards in supporting the referee when it's blatantly obvious that a mistake was made).

Yeah, I like it too.

Doesn't change anything, but it at least is nice to hear them admit that they aren't perfect.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
huh. this one looks like Tate has possession when they hit the ground.
oh well, i give up. movin' on.

A3pwE2hCAAAzHQ_.jpg

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday night my facebook feed:

Most of the night was: Refs suck, trying to fuck the Ravens, I can't believe how bad they are.
After the missed kick that was called good: The players played hard. Proud of the guys for getting it done.

When you win, it's all you. When you lose, it's the refs fault.

I love a blameless never lose society.

You are paid MILLIONS of dollars to run into other fat men and fall down. If you leave it up to a 7-11 clerk in a striped shirt to decide the game with one simple error, then you don't deserve to call yourself professional.

This goes for every athlete in every sport. Very rarely do bad refs actually decide a game. They impact the game because you left it close enough for a mistake to decide it.

MAN UP NANCIES.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday night my facebook feed:

Most of the night was: Refs suck, trying to fuck the Ravens, I can't believe how bad they are.
After the missed kick that was called good: The players played hard. Proud of the guys for getting it done.

When you win, it's all you. When you lose, it's the refs fault.

I love a blameless never lose society.

You are paid MILLIONS of dollars to run into other fat men and fall down. If you leave it up to a 7-11 clerk in a striped shirt to decide the game with one simple error, then you don't deserve to call yourself professional.

This goes for every athlete in every sport. Very rarely do bad refs actually decide a game. They impact the game because you left it close enough for a mistake to decide it.

MAN UP NANCIES.

Disagree. If it was one call sure, but this was a major call in a series of botched, game altering calls. If the refs are highly noticeable in any sport it's not a good thing. I know two major league umpires, Jim Joyce and Angel Hernandez because Joyce ruined a perfect game and because Angel Hernandez historically and pretty much openly hates my team. Officials can ruin games.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is played by professionals VS other professionals so we would expect a competitive game. Both teams can play a great game but one team will lose.

That's why we have OT, Extra innings, shootouts etc. It's a billion dollar industry and fans expect to see a professional product so when it comes down to one play they also expect a professional call and out come made by a professional.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many replacement refs does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

I can't answer that 'cause the room's still dark.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh. this one looks like Tate has possession when they hit the ground.
oh well, i give up. movin' on.

A3pwE2hCAAAzHQ_.jpg

I saw a screen shot last night that made it look like all Tate had was a handful of Jennings.

Well, that came out a little awkward...

Status
Not open for further replies.