• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady's smile and hair will force the ball to miss.

tom-brady-macking.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I will concede that you can put Young and Staubach on the list of successful mobile type QB's, but I think their style of play is a lot different than mobile QB's today.

Rodgers is debatable as a mobile type QB just because most of his game is based in the pocket, but he can run if needed.

Yeah, I guess the point is that being able to scramble does not preclude you from being able to win, as long as you're still capable of consistently throwing the ball accurately.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess the point is that being able to scramble does not preclude you from being able to win, as long as you're still capable of consistently throwing the ball accurately.

Preclude?

Chopin wrote some awesome precludes for piano.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's never a good sign if your QB has more rushing yards than the actual running back, or if the QB feels the need to always run at the earliest signs of trouble.

As a QB, you have many people on the team who's job is supposed to get the ball and run with it. The QB shouldn't be expected to always make a play with his feet.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pre·clude
priˈklo͞od
verb
1. prevent from happening; make impossible.

pun

/pən/

noun

noun: pun; plural noun: puns

a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings.

"the pigs were a squeal (if you'll forgive the pun)"

synonyms: play on words, wordplay, double entendre, innuendo, witticism, quip, bon mot More

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pun

/pən/

noun

noun: pun; plural noun: puns

a joke exploiting the different possible meanings of a word or the fact that there are words that sound alike but have different meanings.

"the pigs were a squeal (if you'll forgive the pun)"

synonyms: play on words, wordplay, double entendre, innuendo, witticism, quip, bon mot More

I'm not well versed enough in music to have gotten it...

Status
Not open for further replies.