• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my, Pittsburgh almost pulled off a miracle lateral play to win the game. Dude barely stepped out at the 13 yard line, if not for that it was a TD.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had...screamed my face off. Roller coaster of emotions in 20 seconds.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be blunt then...give me a list of all the mobile type QB's who have won a Super Bowl.

And while I may get some heat for saying this, I don't consider Wilson a top QB. I strongly believe he's successful because of the team around him, not the other way around. I have seen a few games where he looked less than stellar, but the rest of the team covered up his weak play. He succeeds because the rest of the team is that good.

Again, that's just MY opinion on that.

He did have a rough start to the season, but he's looked great since then. His mechanics are excellent.

Steve Young could be classified as a bit of a scrambler, if I remember correctly. And Rodgers is mobile. I think Staubach was, too.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have a rough start to the season, but he's looked great since then. His mechanics are excellent.

Steve Young could be classified as a bit of a scrambler, if I remember correctly. And Rodgers is mobile. I think Staubach was, too.

Those guys were more known for their arms/IQs than their scrambling. They were mobile when needed, but very good in the pocket.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys were more known for their arms/IQs than their scrambling. They were mobile when needed, but very good in the pocket.

I think RGIII can get there, though, and I think Russell Wilson pretty much is there. They're just more capable scramblers on top of it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RGIII can get there, though, and I think Russell Wilson pretty much is there. They're just more capable scramblers on top of it.

Both have rocket arms, but they're so used to relying on their feet, they have happy feet in the pocket. They have to learn to be a bit more comfortable in there, and when it comes to it, run. Both have GOOD arms, no doubt.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going back a ways but Fran Tarkenton was a good scrambler too.

EDIT: never won a Super Bowl but I'd call him a successful QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right, I will concede that you can put Young and Staubach on the list of successful mobile type QB's, but I think their style of play is a lot different than mobile QB's today.

Rodgers is debatable as a mobile type QB just because most of his game is based in the pocket, but he can run if needed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have rocket arms, but they're so used to relying on their feet, they have happy feet in the pocket. They have to learn to be a bit more comfortable in there, and when it comes to it, run. Both have GOOD arms, no doubt.

That will come with age, I think. Wilson's already showing signs of comfort.

Going back a ways but Fran Tarkenton was a good scrambler too.

The original successful scrambler, if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.