• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW 'BOUT DEM BILLS, BOSS?????

Dumb ass penalties, dropped passes, Give up too fast on the running game, EJ needs to learn scan the whole field, The O-line was terrible run and pass blocking. This team is very young and very inconsistent but I thought the coach was going to address these penalties. Why do they feel they must run CJ wide 90% of the time? Just very frustrating.

It was nice to see that Lindell can kick a FG when his team is beyond the 35 yard line.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got a chuckle out of hearing Marino talking about RGIII, "The QB should always take the blame and never point fingers" :lol:

Is this the same Marino that constantly yelled at the WR's during the game when things didn't go well?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb ass penalties, dropped passes, Give up too fast on the running game, EJ needs to learn scan the whole field, The O-line was terrible run and pass blocking. This team is very young and very inconsistent but I thought the coach was going to address these penalties. Why do they feel they must run CJ wide 90% of the time? Just very frustrating.

It was nice to see that Lindell can kick a FG when his team is beyond the 35 yard line.

I can forgive the rookies and young players to a point, but the defense has no excuse for the way they are playing.

They should be able to put more pressure on the QB, and they should be able to stop the run more effectively. This team needs a few choice draft picks this year to plug up some of those problem areas.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I wonder if Chan was watching? :laugh3:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young started as more of a running QB than he finished. He had to in Tampa, he was under constant pressure there and was running for his life. Back then, for the most part, fans and coaches were really doubtful of a running QB being a good QB, there was really mindset of what a QB should be. Thats part of why Tampa gave up on him. In his first few years as a 49er he still ran more than a lot of people liked. In time, he became a fantastic QB who still ran the ball effectively too.I honestly think that the middle of his career as a starter that he was one of the best QBs ever. LOL I remember when some critics didn't think he would succeed because he was a lefty.

Randall Cunningham had a lot of the same things said about him too, and he matured into a solid QB. Of course critics had issues with his color too.

Its hard to stay healthy getting hit so much, but I wouldn't count RGIII or any other young scramblers out yet.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can forgive the rookies and young players to a point, but the defense has no excuse for the way they are playing.

They should be able to put more pressure on the QB, and they should be able to stop the run more effectively. This team needs a few choice draft picks this year to plug up some of those problem areas.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I wonder if Chan was watching? :laugh3:

Like you posted about the QB's not needing to be great esp if you have a solid defense. The Bills may draft high enough to get Mack I don't know about you but if he's on the board I take him. He just won the Lambert award for best college LB. Would love to see them pick him and move Kiko outside I feel the defense is very close to being a solid group but agree it puzzles me that they give up some big plays. After the 80 yard run they only gave up 78 rushing yards the rest of the game.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to stay healthy getting hit so much, but I wouldn't count RGIII or any other young scramblers out yet.

I'm not counting him out either, but I really don't see any long term success if he continues to play the way he has so far.

It worked for him to a point last year, but the NFL adapts quickly, and injuries are always an issue.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young started as more of a running QB than he finished. He had to in Tampa, he was under constant pressure there and was running for his life. Back then, for the most part, fans and coaches were really doubtful of a running QB being a good QB, there was really mindset of what a QB should be. Thats part of why Tampa gave up on him. In his first few years as a 49er he still ran more than a lot of people liked. In time, he became a fantastic QB who still ran the ball effectively too.I honestly think that the middle of his career as a starter that he was one of the best QBs ever. LOL I remember when some critics didn't think he would succeed because he was a lefty.

Randall Cunningham had a lot of the same things said about him too, and he matured into a solid QB. Of course critics had issues with his color too.

Agree, I think he retired with one of if not the highest QB rating for his career. Outstanding QB.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mack and Clowney are available when the Bills pick, who do you take?

Honestly I go with Mack. I really feel he's a difference maker. Shit when they played Ohio St the announcers said he arguably was the best player on the field. He's the type of D player you need to game plan around and that makes the pplayers around him much more effective.

Trying not to be a homer but that's my opinion.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I go with Mack. I really feel he's a difference maker. Shit when they played Ohio St the announcers said he arguably was the best player on the field. He's the type of D player you need to game plan around and that makes the pplayers around him much more effective.

Trying not to be a homer but that's my opinion.

86fd56844eb23bb43586758537913f2de4aa3c6c66fd838667ce522b3cfcaa7e.jpg

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL History has been made in Denver..

Matt Prater kicked a 64 yard FG at the end of the half. - A New NFL Record

If only he played for Cleveland today.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a scientist (where's Darkstone) I wonder how much the mile high air really means. Didn't Jason Elam tie the old record when he played for Denver and the game was in Denver?

Seriously, does it make the ball carry an extra 2 yards...three yards? Just wondering and not taking anything away from that record 64 yards is a long fucking way.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Jason Elam tie the old record when he played for Denver and the game was in Denver?

I could be wrong, but I think he was in Jacksonville when he did that?

EDIT: Yep, I was wrong, he was in Denver, but it was against Jacksonville.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, I do know that golf balls tend to fly approximately 10% further in the thin mountain air. I would expect that a FG kicker should be able to get a few more yards as well.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, I do know that golf balls tend to fly approximately 10% further in the thin mountain air. I would expect that a FG kicker should be able to get a few more yards as well.

10% huh? Hmmm now I know there are variables between a golf ball and a football but it would be interesting to know. 10% is pretty significant.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Elo, you weren't kidding about the Skins putting up little resistance....Chiefs needed a win like that today

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the History of the NFL, only 13 FG's have been made from 60+ yards.

Of those 13, only 3 have been in Denver.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that - the Wikipedia page for longest FGs has already been updated.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the History of the NFL, only 13 FG's have been made from 60+ yards.

Of those 13, only 3 have been in Denver.

That kick today was a heck of a kick as well due to the cold in Denver (it must have felt like kicking a rock).

Status
Not open for further replies.