• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too soon discussion on the 2018 draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get the "promising" thing. He's never been a good passer, and the only reason he was drafted so high was because he has a cannon for an arm and can run, but that's not that rare of a thing. I can't think of a QB in history of has had these issues coming into the league that has actually panned out.

We'll see, I guess.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I said he played exceedingly well. I just see him as a d-bag, glad he's not on my team so I don't have to root for him.

Some of these are jokes, but he's been a d-bag prior to his run-ins with Hue.

9 things that made Baker Mayfield the NFL draft’s most likable villain
Some? Did you actually read that article? Among the "reasons":

"That time he played in the Rose Bowl after battling the flu all week" ???

"That time he caught a trick play TD" ???

"That time he had a messy divorce with Texas Tech" He transferred, that's it

"That time he made a list of media members who doubted him" He’s got a list of media members who have doubted him and a collection of screen caps on his phone to remind him of the disrespect and to motivate him

"Oh, and jorts ..." He recreated a picture of Brett Favre when he got drafted for fun

Over half of that list is stupid and by no means any reflection of character or attitude, at least not to the negative. The Kansas incident he apologized for, and as an OSU fan, I don't hate him for planting the flag. It's a thing they'd done before and it was a major OOC win that they were underdogs in after OSU had just embarrassed him the year before.

Again, it's just flimsy. I get that he's polarizing as the #1 pick, and his success has put him right in the spotlight, but the knocks on him just reek of weak barbs to try and take down a successful kid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some? Did you actually read that article? Among the "reasons":

"That time he played in the Rose Bowl after battling the flu all week" ???

"That time he caught a trick play TD" ???

"That time he had a messy divorce with Texas Tech" He transferred, that's it

"That time he made a list of media members who doubted him" He’s got a list of media members who have doubted him and a collection of screen caps on his phone to remind him of the disrespect and to motivate him

"Oh, and jorts ..." He recreated a picture of Brett Favre when he got drafted for fun

Over half of that list is stupid and by no means any reflection of character or attitude, at least not to the negative. The Kansas incident he apologized for, and as an OSU fan, I don't hate him for planting the flag. It's a thing they'd done before and it was a major OOC win that they were underdogs in after OSU had just embarrassed him the year before.

Again, it's just flimsy. I get that he's polarizing as the #1 pick, and his success has put him right in the spotlight, but the knocks on him just reek of weak barbs to try and take down a successful kid.

Interesting that you left out the part about getting arrested for public intoxication, disorderly conduct, fleeing and resisting arrest. I acknowledged there were jokes. Anything he apologized for I guarantee you he was pressured to do so.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you left out the part about getting arrested for public intoxication, disorderly conduct, fleeing and resisting arrest. I acknowledged there were jokes. Anything he apologized for I guarantee you he was pressured to do so.
Wow, 21-year old college kid gets drunk, tries to break up an altercation between other people, doesn't hurt anyone or destroy any property, doesn't drive drunk, but tries to run away while drunk even though he wasn't currently being detained. Call the FBI. Have you ever actually read about what happened there?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 21-year old college kid gets drunk, tries to break up an altercation between other people, doesn't hurt anyone or destroy any property, doesn't drive drunk, but tries to run away while drunk even though he wasn't currently being detained. Call the FBI. Have you ever actually read about what happened there?

IDGAF. I don't like the kid, sue me.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDGAF. I don't like the kid, sue me.
Just some of the things he's doing that you're conveniently ignoring:

- Launched a partnership with Barstool Sports to sell Mayfield merchandise with 100 percent of the proceeds ticketed for the Special Olympics in the greater Cleveland area.

- Donated thousands from a Gofundme started by fans to the Providence House in Cleveland, a crisis nursery center that provides emergency shelter to children living in abusive situations.

- In addition to the fundraiser, he and his fiancee raised an additional $110k for the Providence House through other charitable activities

All of this was just in the last couple months. Haven't seen Josh Allen do anything for the city of Buffalo yet.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some of the things he's doing that you're conveniently ignoring:

- Launched a partnership with Barstool Sports to sell Mayfield merchandise with 100 percent of the proceeds ticketed for the Special Olympics in the greater Cleveland area.

- Donated thousands from a Gofundme started by fans to the Providence House in Cleveland, a crisis nursery center that provides emergency shelter to children living in abusive situations.

- In addition to the fundraiser, he and his fiancee raised an additional $110k for the Providence House through other charitable activities

All of this was just in the last couple months. Haven't seen Josh Allen do anything for the city of Buffalo yet.

Keep cheering your guy, and I'll cheer mine.