• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too soon discussion on the 2018 draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmunds is a beast, no doubt, and Johnson was an awesome pick. Their defense is set. Phillips was fine in limited playing time, but he has a ways to go. He rated as the #70 DT in the NFL this year.

I'm still by no means sold on Allen. We've seen QBs like him come and go before. He is a phenomenal athlete, no doubt, but he still has a really long ways to go as a passer. In the NFL today, unless you establish yourself within a year or two, teams move on. I'm not even sure he's going to be as good of a passer as even Blake Bortles, and he's definitely gone in Jacksonville.

I've seen enough of Allen to believe he'll far exceed Bortles. His running ability is on par with Cam Newton, but they don't want him being reckless like Cam obviously. Same arm strength, needs to work on accuracy (but improving). Having a quality vet target or two really would've helped this year. Kelvin Benjamin was awful, Clay wasn't much better, and their best receiver didn't start until midway (Robert Foster). Zay Jones was finally showing consistency towards the end df the year, and snagging McKenzie when Denver cut him loose looks promising.

The whole right side of the line needs an overhaul, including center. That would help the offense immensely.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen enough of Allen to believe he'll far exceed Bortles. His running ability is on par with Cam Newton, but they don't want him being reckless like Cam obviously. Same arm strength, needs to work on accuracy (but improving). Having a quality vet target or two really would've helped this year. Kelvin Benjamin was awful, Clay wasn't much better, and their best receiver didn't start until midway (Robert Foster). Zay Jones was finally showing consistency towards the end df the year, and snagging McKenzie when Denver cut him loose looks promising.

The whole right side of the line needs an overhaul, including center. That would help the offense immensely.
Far exceed? I would be beyond shocked if he hit 35 TD passes any season in his rookie deal Like Bortles did a few seasons ago.

Allen's accuracy didn't improve at all. In fact, his completion percentage was lower in his final 6 games compared to in his first 6 games. His running ability is on par with Cam, I don't disagree, but he has a very, very long way to go in the passing game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far exceed? I would be beyond shocked if he hit 35 TD passes any season in his rookie deal Like Bortles did a few seasons ago.

Allen's accuracy didn't improve at all. In fact, his completion percentage was lower in his final 6 games compared to in his first 6 games. His running ability is on par with Cam, I don't disagree, but he has a very, very long way to go in the passing game.
Ding ding ding

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Talked about the draft. That was the point of the thread troll. Then you decided to show up and troll with your intelligence on how the Eagles missed the playoffs... Thanks for trolling. You got yourself an ignore.
Oh no not an ignore:whoo: I'll take that to mean you have nothing

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, there is... Someone opened their mouth a bit soon didn't they...

:dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd:
Hmmmm that ignore didn't last long.
Do your parents a favor. Get hooked on phonics and learn how to read you rock.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Talked about the draft. That was the point of the thread troll. Then you decided to show up and troll with your intelligence on how the Eagles missed the playoffs... Thanks for trolling. You got yourself an ignore.

Super pussy strikes again.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raw stats don't show everything. A good portion of his missed passes were throw-aways due to pressure (although some were a little dangerous; backhanded throws and such). As someone who watches every Bills game, I have seen his leadership and performance improve with every game, especially once he came back from his midseason injury. That may not show in his raw stats, but I think most Bills fans will agree that he appears on the right track and this is already his team.

Accuracy isn't a strong point yet, but he seems tailor made for this franchise. Even if Baker stays the better QB, his attitude puts me off. If he were a Bill, I'd have trouble accepting him as the long term QB.

All in all, a good QB crop this year, all in very different ways.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw stats don't show everything. A good portion of his missed passes were throw-aways due to pressure (although some were a little dangerous; backhanded throws and such). As someone who watches every Bills game, I have seen his leadership and performance improve with every game, especially once he came back from his midseason injury. That may not show in his raw stats, but I think most Bills fans will agree that he appears on the right track and this is already his team.

Accuracy isn't a strong point yet, but he seems tailor made for this franchise. Even if Baker stays the better QB, his attitude puts me off. If he were a Bill, I'd have trouble accepting him as the long term QB.

All in all, a good QB crop this year, all in very different ways.
Good lord. His "attitude" as an unquestioned leader that led the team to a 7-win improvement that could've been more if he wasn't having to deal with the worst coach in NFL history. The guy does stuff throughout the year to improve the Cleveland community off the field, but because he stared down his former HC who wouldn't give him a chance to start the year and sabotaged the team, he has an "attitude" problem?

The excuses for Allen can be attributed to every QB out there. From a pass-pro standpoint, Buffalo wasn't even close to being the worst in the league.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That team had zero running game and the rest of Bortles' stats were unimpressive. 88.2 rating, 51.8 QBR, 18 INT, 8 fumbles, lowest completion percentage of his career (58.6), etc. Allen's QBR was higher this season already (52.3). Bortles had real targets to work with (Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Marquise Lee, Marcedes Lewis, Julius Thomas), while Allen is working with guys stringing out their paydays (Benjamin, Clay) and otherwise extremely young and raw receivers (and also no running game, often other than himself). Bortles also had a solid line, or at least some solid pieces to work with (Beadles, Wisniewski, Joeckel, Cann, etc).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. His "attitude" as an unquestioned leader that led the team to a 7-win improvement that could've been more if he wasn't having to deal with the worst coach in NFL history. The guy does stuff throughout the year to improve the Cleveland community off the field, but because he stared down his former HC who wouldn't give him a chance to start the year and sabotaged the team, he has an "attitude" problem?

What can I say? The kid gives me a bad impression. He has played exceptionally well. To each his own. His issues stem back into college, not just his altercations with his ex-coach (which are extremely childish, btw).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can I say? The kid gives me a bad impression. He has played exceptionally well. To each his own. His issues stem back into college, not just his altercations with his ex-coach (which are extremely childish, btw).
Of all the players in the NFL who act like jackasses, I can't see how Mayfield even compares. You have guys that cheap shot others, throw punches on the field, delay the game with their excessive celebrations, constantly talk shit, and even worse getting involved in criminal activity off of it, yet him staring down his former coach is the biggest issue? Come on, dude. That's just reaching.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team had zero running game and the rest of Bortles' stats were unimpressive. 88.2 rating, 51.8 QBR, 18 INT, 8 fumbles, lowest completion percentage of his career (58.6), etc. Allen's QBR was higher this season already (52.3). Bortles had real targets to work with (Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Marquise Lee, Marcedes Lewis, Julius Thomas), while Allen is working with guys stringing out their paydays (Benjamin, Clay) and otherwise extremely young and raw receivers (and also no running game, often other than himself). Bortles also had a solid line, or at least some solid pieces to work with (Beadles, Wisniewski, Joeckel, Cann, etc).
It'd be different if Allen was accurate in college and was a victim of his supporting cast this year, but he never was. Hell, it even goes back to HS. He was a 50% passer in his junior year and 57% his senior year. There's a reason he wound up at Wyoming. Best of luck to him, he seems like a good kid, but my guess is Buffalo is drafting a QB by 2021, if not sooner.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the players in the NFL who act like jackasses, I can't see how Mayfield even compares. You have guys that cheap shot others, throw punches on the field, delay the game with their excessive celebrations, constantly talk shit, and even worse getting involved in criminal activity off of it, yet him staring down his former coach is the biggest issue? Come on, dude. That's just reaching.

Where did I say it was the biggest issue? It clearly isn't. I just don't like the guy. Personal preference, that's all.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be different if Allen was accurate in college and was a victim of his supporting cast this year, but he never was. Hell, it even goes back to HS. He was a 50% passer in his junior year and 57% his senior year. There's a reason he wound up at Wyoming. Best of luck to him, he seems like a good kid, but my guess is Buffalo is drafting a QB by 2021, if not sooner.

That's just your Cleveland experience clouding your vision lol. No, really many feel that way about Allen, but I don't. For all of the QBs the Bills have gone through since Kelly, he's the most promising IMO (other than a slightly washed Drew Bledsoe).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say it was the biggest issue? It clearly isn't. I just don't like the guy. Personal preference, that's all.
Have your opinions, sure. I just would assume most NFL fans would have a bit more perspective given the issues dozens of guys in the NFL have, especially considering that Mayfield just finished one of the top rookie seasons for a QB ever.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just your Cleveland experience clouding your vision lol. No, really many feel that way about Allen, but I don't. For all of the QBs the Bills have gone through since Kelly, he's the most promising IMO (other than a slightly washed Drew Bledsoe).
I just don't get the "promising" thing. He's never been a good passer, and the only reason he was drafted so high was because he has a cannon for an arm and can run, but that's not that rare of a thing. I can't think of a QB in history of has had these issues coming into the league that has actually panned out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have your opinions, sure. I just would assume most NFL fans would have a bit more perspective given the issues dozens of guys in the NFL have, especially considering that Mayfield just finished one of the top rookie seasons for a QB ever.

...and I said he played exceedingly well. I just see him as a d-bag, glad he's not on my team so I don't have to root for him.

Some of these are jokes, but he's been a d-bag prior to his run-ins with Hue.

9 things that made Baker Mayfield the NFL draft’s most likable villain