• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too soon discussion on the 2018 draft

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude were going to the playoffs.....
Really?
Why isn't there a "x, y or z" infront of Philly in the standings?

OBTW which position do you play? I'll be looking for you.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure about the goes down easy bit, I've only seen him a few games, but 3rd in the league in yards after contact (behind Chubb and Henry), so there's hope I guess. 6 yards a carry his last 10 games isn't anything to sneeze at either. And has the longer runs (per carry only Wilson has 10 yard runs more often), so there's some hope. But yeah I can see the lack of play time/dinged up part. I guess if you want to see the half glass full, maybe the explosive start like Thomas Rawls isn't always the best.

But taking an early shot on a punter seems to be working out. And gotta love Flowers as a value... at least in run support. Hope he can grow into more than LB in a safety's body.

Penny at the start of the season did look slow and maybe a tad out of shape but he's turned it on nicely here towards the end. Tough to get playing time with Carson running very well. I ws shocked when the FO drafted a punter in the 5th but I'll say worth every penny. Dickson can flip the field nicely to help out the defense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Seahawks I really like picking RB penny, Seattle's number one pick (at the time Seattle was in desperate need of an RB and still had massive Oline questions), but as the year has gone on, he's never on the field and the few times he is he's looked slow to me. No burst and goes down too easily.
he wasnt rated very high, sure looks like a bust

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right but my point was that the QBS in the draft were all considered pretty equal . The top 3 all had their turn as consensus number 1 picks before the draft so it's impossible to say where the Giants and Jets had then graded so there was a chance Mayfield would've been there at 4. Conversely , as soon as Cleveland took Mayfield , there was no chance Barkley was going to be there at 4.
There was a point when all were considered equal in the media, but not with the Browns. Evidently Dorsey knew he was taking Mayfield from the moment he took the job.

My only question would be if the Giants could do it over, would they still take Barkley over Darnold, knowing they could've drafted their franchise QB and also grabbed Nick Chubb in the 2nd before Cleveland took him. Barkley is a monster, but they're rolling the dice in the 2019 draft trying to grab their QB hoping they're able to get Haskins. They can't wait til 2020 IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Browns should have taken Barkley at 1 and Chubb at 4 and figure out the QB later. Seems like both their picks have worked out so it's hard to say which combo would have been better.
Wait - You still think that?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopp

Stopped reading after a Philthy fan called another fan base insecure.:lol:
You can't make this up.:pound:

You are literally on a thread about the draft trying to troll about the Patriots last SB loss.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are literally on a thread about the draft trying to troll about the Patriots last SB loss.
Because the moronic OP introduced SB into this thread.

I'm starting to believe you may be the dumbest Philly fan on the Hoop. That's saying a lot Skippy:thumb:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the moronic OP introduced SB into this thread.

I'm starting to believe you may be the dumbest Philly fan on the Hoop. That's saying a lot Skippy:thumb:

Nope. Talked about the draft. That was the point of the thread troll. Then you decided to show up and troll with your intelligence on how the Eagles missed the playoffs... Thanks for trolling. You got yourself an ignore.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?
Why isn't there a "x, y or z" infront of Philly in the standings?

OBTW which position do you play? I'll be looking for you.

Hmm, there is... Someone opened their mouth a bit soon didn't they...

:dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd::dhd:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout this piss poor qb class
Bit too early to say that. Mayfield has the look of a franchise QB, and Darnold has shown plenty of signs of being the man for the Jets. I'm not sold on Allen or Jackson long-term, but the jury is out on Rosen with his awful situation. He's definitely still really raw, but that supporting cast was absolutely horrible. Their OL was dead last in the league, Fitzgerald is a still really good but he's 34. Kirk has potential but couldn't stay healthy. There isn't a QB in the league who couldn't succeeded there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been some great steals in the draft. The Bengals struck gold with Sam Hubbard in the 3rd, Taron Johnson for Buffalo in the 4th is going to be a starter in their secondary for many years, Chris Herndon at TE in the 4th for NYJ looks like a fantastic pick as he is the Jets' 2nd leading receiver, and Genard Avery in the 5th for Cleveland was a great pick as he's a starter and solid contributor.

In addition to the Taron Johnson pick in the 4th, the Bills really did well. Josh Allen is looking better by the week, as is Tremaine Edmunds (their 2 1st rounders). 3rd rounder Harrison Phillips will come into play more next season with Kyle Williams retiring (but should be a solid replacement). 5th rounders Siran Neal (special teams, DB depth) and Wyatt Teller (starting at LG down the stretch) have contributed quite a bit. 6th rounder Ray-Ray McCloud may stick, but was outshined by UDFA WR Robert Foster. Foster's college teammate CB Levi Wallace was a solid UDFA signing. Only the 7th round WR Austin Proehl didn't stick, but was signed elsewhere once released.

Up next for 2019: the right side of the OL, a RB to transition to from McCoy, a TE, one more WR, and some defensive fine tuning.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to the Taron Johnson pick in the 4th, the Bills really did well. Josh Allen is looking better by the week, as is Tremaine Edmunds (their 2 1st rounders). 3rd rounder Harrison Phillips will come into play more next season with Kyle Williams retiring (but should be a solid replacement). 5th rounders Siran Neal (special teams, DB depth) and Wyatt Teller (starting at LG down the stretch) have contributed quite a bit. 6th rounder Ray-Ray McCloud may stick, but was outshined by UDFA WR Robert Foster. Foster's college teammate CB Levi Wallace was a solid UDFA signing. Only the 7th round WR Austin Proehl didn't stick, but was signed elsewhere once released.

Up next for 2019: the right side of the OL, a RB to transition to from McCoy, a TE, one more WR, and some defensive fine tuning.
Edmunds is a beast, no doubt, and Johnson was an awesome pick. Their defense is set. Phillips was fine in limited playing time, but he has a ways to go. He rated as the #70 DT in the NFL this year.

I'm still by no means sold on Allen. We've seen QBs like him come and go before. He is a phenomenal athlete, no doubt, but he still has a really long ways to go as a passer. In the NFL today, unless you establish yourself within a year or two, teams move on. I'm not even sure he's going to be as good of a passer as even Blake Bortles, and he's definitely gone in Jacksonville.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Haskins and a bunch of crap to me at first glance.

If I were a GM that needed a QB. I'd wait till next year because next year you have the following:

Justin Hebert
Tua
Jake Fromm
Sam Ellinger(spelling)
Ian Book

Very good Crop next year

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a GM that needed a QB. I'd wait till next year because next year you have the following:

Justin Hebert
Tua
Jake Fromm
Sam Ellinger(spelling)
Ian Book

Very good Crop next year
GM's generally don't have that kind of job security. I'd say Tua and Fromm need work as well if their goals are to be good NFL QB's. (I haven't seen that much of Herbert, tbh)

I am selling Ehlinger and Book stock at the moment as NFL QB's as of today.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit too early to say that. Mayfield has the look of a franchise QB, and Darnold has shown plenty of signs of being the man for the Jets. I'm not sold on Allen or Jackson long-term, but the jury is out on Rosen with his awful situation. He's definitely still really raw, but that supporting cast was absolutely horrible. Their OL was dead last in the league, Fitzgerald is a still really good but he's 34. Kirk has potential but couldn't stay healthy. There isn't a QB in the league who couldn't succeeded there.
Was a joke