• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been broken for some time.
If averge QBs get top dollar then its broken beyond repair. Teams will just draft a new rookie every 4-5 years unless they have a top 10 qb

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just say this, Geno doesn't even need to have a bad season to fall off a cliff, Just a little less lucky is all it would take. I still can't believe how lopsided his luck was last year. Dude played the lottery and won, good for him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaroldSeattle
Way to hard to find a QB, so the Seahawks are going keep him right here. This stuff about never intended to have a $20 million dollar QB is silly. No way to the Seahawks want to go back to pre RW. Also finding young QBs is getting harder all the time, because they are coming into the league not being able to run a NFL style of offense. I give you Geno Smith and E.J. Manuel as examples, I could add more.

Here is a quote from you, which makes it seem rather shocking how hard you're pushing for "a" QB to be drafted at #5 overall...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just say this, Geno doesn't even need to have a bad season to fall off a cliff, Just a little less lucky is all it would take. I still can't believe how lopsided his luck was last year. Dude played the lottery and won, good for him.

Are you just trolling now?

Just because you refuse to look at all the stats, doesn't make your point more valid.

He wasn't even the "luckiest" QB of 2022. Jared Goff was "luckier"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you just trolling now?

Just because you refuse to look at all the stats, doesn't make your point more valid.

He wasn't even the "luckiest" QB of 2022. Jared Goff was "luckier"

So you will say Goff was lucky but refuse to say Geno was... interesting.

I get it you don't believe in luck but when DB's catch 80% of all the balls that hit them in the hands but ony 40% of the balls Geno threw that hit them in the hands Luck had a lot to do with it.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you will say Goff was lucky but refuse to say Geno was... interesting.

I get it you don't believe in luck but when DB's catch 80% of all the balls that hit them in the hands but ony 40% of the balls Geno threw that hit them in the hands Luck had a lot to do with it.

FFS. I AM willing to say that Geno was lucky. What I'm NOT willing to say is "I still can't believe how lopsided his luck was last year. Dude played the lottery and won, good for him." because THAT IS SIMPLY FALSE. And even using your stat, that is demonstrably untrue. I already provided the data. You ignored it despite me posting it several times. Which is why I'm guessing you are trolling.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sucks... This will take him out of the FA pool...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Mone all over again. If Seattle is going to stick with this dumbass 3-4 or 2-4-5 system, we better address the NT, ILB, and DE position because Woods is basically done, Ford is probably going to walk... and at that point I might as well plug Jake or Anointed into the DL at the league minimum for a better chance.

I'll take league minimum! I don't think I'd last through mini-camp though, even with the no contact rules.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was going to cost a ton. I doubt we would have got him anyway. Maybe the Eagles DT.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, there goes the "let Geno walk and use the cap space to sign Payne" strategy. The enemy gets a vote.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was going to cost a ton. I doubt we would have got him anyway. Maybe the Eagles DT.
Although I thought it would be great to add him to Seahawks roster and help with both the run defense and pass defense, I think the Seahawks are still a year away from where they can duplicate what they did in 2013 with signing Bennett and Avril to be a SB team. If they are careful with the cap and new contracts they could/ should be in a better position in 2024 to add some final touches to the roster. The catch is the QB position, I can't see Geno being the QB to lead the team to a SB in 2024.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I thought it would be great to add him to Seahawks roster and help with both the run defense and pass defense, I think the Seahawks are still a year away from where they can duplicate what they did in 2013 with signing Bennett and Avril to be a SB team. If they are careful with the cap and new contracts they could/ should be in a better position in 2024 to add some final touches to the roster. The catch is the QB position, I can't see Geno being the QB to lead the team to a SB in 2024.

The Seahawks aren't usually big on going after the marquee guys in FA. Even when they had the cap space to do so. Avril and Bennett were actually wildly undervalued so they were great signings.

I don't see that changing this season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS. I AM willing to say that Geno was lucky. What I'm NOT willing to say is "I still can't believe how lopsided his luck was last year. Dude played the lottery and won, good for him." because THAT IS SIMPLY FALSE. And even using your stat, that is demonstrably untrue. I already provided the data. You ignored it despite me posting it several times. Which is why I'm guessing you are trolling.

No you have repeatedly Ignored 1 simple question. You say Geno wasn't as lucky as the numbers point out but i have asked how many time now like 5? How was Geno able to force CB/DB/S/LB to drop his passes at a unheard of rate on INT worthy throws?

You take the 10 best QB's in the NFL the TOP 10 and Geno falls into the area. Then calculate how often a Ball was intercepted when it was a TWP and it falls in at 80.6% why was Geno's down at 46% HOW was Geno able to make these guys not catch his balls? lubbed up the football? throwing Spitballs out there?

Geno had a very lucky Season and all things being equal and playing this season out 10 times then 9 times out of 10 he ends up with over 25 turnovers. UNLESS Geno some how forces player to be unable to catch is throws and i have asked "How does he do this" because you act like you know.

We can agree to disagree and if you don't like something i say then ignore it instead of starting this WHOLE shit show over again. But for some reason you have to continue to chime in lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should say I just see a Tannehill situation all over Geno with how he had a lot of things go right for him then got a big contract. Can't do that with Geno he wont have another season like last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you have repeatedly Ignored 1 simple question. You say Geno wasn't as lucky as the numbers point out but i have asked how many time now like 5? How was Geno able to force CB/DB/S/LB to drop his passes at a unheard of rate on INT worthy throws?

It wasn't an unheard of rate. It wasn't even the luckiest rate of 2022. I've provided the data using YOUR stat already. You simply ignore it.

This is the frustrating part of about message board arguments. Nothing I say can change your opinion one inch if you are simply going to ignore everything I say.

So be.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno had the 2nd most TWP at 34 and finished with 11 INT's and 3 fumbles, Goff had 24 and threw the ball MORE than Geno, Goff finished with 7 INT's and 1 lost fumble and a TWP percentage of 3.6% Genos was over 4%.

Geno Smith through Week 8: -
84.8 passing grade (4th) - 6.8% Big Time Throw rate (3rd) - 3.2% Turnover Worthy Play rate (23rd-most)

Since: - 65.5 (29th) - 4.9% Big Time Throw rate (19th) - 5.1% Turnover Worthy Play rate (9th-most)

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno had the 2nd most TWP at 34 and finished with 11 INT's and 3 fumbles, Goff had 24 and threw the ball MORE than Geno, Goff finished with 7 INT's and 1 lost fumble and a TWP percentage of 3.6% Genos was over 4%.

What does that have to do with being historically lucky?

Geno Smith through Week 8: -
84.8 passing grade (4th) - 6.8% Big Time Throw rate (3rd) - 3.2% Turnover Worthy Play rate (23rd-most)

Since: - 65.5 (29th) - 4.9% Big Time Throw rate (19th) - 5.1% Turnover Worthy Play rate (9th-most)

Again, what does this have to do with being historically lucky?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more you talk the more i think you're just bullshitting. Geno smith Had the 2nd highest balls that should have been Intercepted or turned over or in other words balls that were "DROPPED" by Defenders that hit them in the Hands. All though he THREW the 2nd highest bad throws that were hitting defenders only 46% of those throws were Intercepted. The League average on those type of throws being Intercepted was 80.6% that's what the Average was. Genos was almost completely flipped because of defenders not even maintaining their average on "HIS" thrown balls. Thats how he got lucky at a incredible rate.

So normally or the Average is for every ball that is thrown and ranked as a TWP they catch/intercept over 80% of them. Yet when Geno threw those same passes only 48% were being caught NOT 80.6% thats Lucky at a very high rate.

So lets drop it because basic math doesn't seem to make sense to you or i am not explaining it right to make sense to you. You said Goff was more lucky yet he threw More Passes and had a Lower TWP percentage than Geno. He also had less total turnovers by almost half.

Goff threw the ball 587 times and had 7 INT's His TWP rate per play was 3.6% of his total plays

Geno Threw the ball 572 times and had 12 INT's His TWP rate per play was 4.6% of his total plays meaning he committed TWP at over a 27%+ higher rate than Goff.

Had Defenders converted those into actual turnovers at the same rate as they did for a season average ( 80.2%+ ) and not at the (48% ) rate that they had against Geno and only Geno because of pure dumb luck He would have had 25+ Int's and even if converted at the same rate as Goffs he would have still led the league in Turnovers. Goff got lucky also this year but not as lucky as Geno did.

The issue is this is not sustainable, because 8 out of 10 times those balls will be turned over not the 4 out of 10 times Geno experienced this past season. No matter how anyone looks at it this is not a state that is sustainable because it's all based on luck NOT SKILL.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more you talk the more i think you're just bullshitting. Geno smith Had the 2nd highest balls that should have been Intercepted or turned over or in other words balls that were "DROPPED" by Defenders that hit them in the Hands. All though he THREW the 2nd highest bad throws that were hitting defenders only 46% of those throws were Intercepted. The League average on those type of throws being Intercepted was 80.6% that's what the Average was. Genos was almost completely flipped because of defenders not even maintaining their average on "HIS" thrown balls. Thats how he got lucky at a incredible rate.

So normally or the Average is for every ball that is thrown and ranked as a TWP they catch/intercept over 80% of them. Yet when Geno threw those same passes only 48% were being caught NOT 80.6% thats Lucky at a very high rate.

So lets drop it because basic math doesn't seem to make sense to you or i am not explaining it right to make sense to you. You said Goff was more lucky yet he threw More Passes and had a Lower TWP percentage than Geno. He also had less total turnovers by almost half.

Goff threw the ball 587 times and had 7 INT's His TWP rate per play was 3.6% of his total plays

Geno Threw the ball 572 times and had 12 INT's His TWP rate per play was 4.6% of his total plays meaning he committed TWP at over a 27%+ higher rate than Goff.

Had Defenders converted those into actual turnovers at the same rate as they did for a season average ( 80.2%+ ) and not at the (48% ) rate that they had against Geno and only Geno because of pure dumb luck He would have had 25+ Int's and even if converted at the same rate as Goffs he would have still led the league in Turnovers. Goff got lucky also this year but not as lucky as Geno did.

The issue is this is not sustainable, because 8 out of 10 times those balls will be turned over not the 4 out of 10 times Geno experienced this past season. No matter how anyone looks at it this is not a state that is sustainable because it's all based on luck NOT SKILL.

You know what? You win. Geno Smith is the luckiest QB in the history of the NFL and will surely return to what he was 8 years ago if we resign him. If it weren't for the terrible defenders that he threw the ball at he probably would have broken the record for interceptions in the season.

I don't know why I bother with people that engage in hyperbole about everything.