• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projected to go in round 5 I think, scouts not very high on him.

I have 3 QB's i wouldn't mind in the 3rd ( dont want one taken in 1st or 2nd ) and Duggar is one Haener and the long shot McKee. Duggar is projected 3rd to 5th round same with Haener and McKee is projected 2nd-4th.

Haener is ranked 8th best in this draft Duggar 9th and McKee is ranked 7th, I would be more than happy with any of these guys in the 3rd round or later. But lets be real if McKee does drop into the 3rd they better jump on him because he is my fav out of all these guys.

These rankings seem all over the place though as i have seen McKee as high as 5th and as low as 10th.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone look at PFF's draft guide? Lots of interesting information. I'd share it but it is 77MBs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also take Aidan O'Connell in the 5th round or later, would feel better about him say as a 6th round pick.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors starting to float around that the bears will trade fields and take a QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wouldn't shock me. I was saying that a few months ago. Fields' style of play has a shelf life.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't shock me. I was saying that a few months ago. Fields' style of play has a shelf life.
Or its all a smoke screen to up the trade offers.
They should trade him though, it would be the smart thing to do and it would be beneficial for us

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or its all a smoke screen to up the trade offers.
They should trade him though, it would be the smart thing to do and it would be beneficial for us

Yeah it definitely could be a smoke screen. Ultimately I think the only way they do this if they really feel one of the QBs can be an elite QB, which Fields is never going to be. It would be a bold move.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strengths

• His hands are very heavy and accurate as they are able to move blockers back at the point of contact. His hands rarely leak to the outside of the blocker.
  • Wilson’s best pass rushing move is his bull rush, where he is able to gain leverage on the blocker with proper hand placement and drive into his lower half.
  • Wilson has a good long-arm move which is a solid because of the power he has in his hands as well as his length.
  • Wilson does show off a good and smart swim move when he rushes up field to set up the blocker, and he then swims them to the inside once they over commit with their hips and shoulders. His swim move is not loopy as he is able to get his hands up and over the blocker relatively quickly.
  • He does not have a true counter move, although he keeps his lower half and hands working which results in multiple effort pressures and sacks for him.
  • He does a great job of setting the edge on outside runs as he rushes straight up field and turns the blocker in, completely sealing off of the edge and forcing the running back to the inside. When defending option plays Wilson hardly ever crashes down too much on the mesh point, rather staying patient and waiting for the quarterback to make a decision.
  • He has fantastic pursuit routinely chasing down ball carries from the back side of the play or going from into the backfield and then making a tackle 7 yards down the field.
  • It is difficult for blockers to move him on run plays whether he is lined up on the inside or the outside and he has the FBI and hands needed to split double teams with some regularity.
Weaknesses

• Wilson does not have much of a speed move as he is relatively slow off of the line in both a 2- and 3-point stance. He does not do a great job of quickly reducing the space between him and the tackle off of the snap as he can be rather sluggish with his first two steps.
  • Wilson lacks an overly advanced move in his repertoire.
  • He is not a very bendy athlete, so he is rarely able to use any type of dip or ghost move to attack the outside shoulder of the blocker.
  • When he was in zone coverage his depth was questionable and in man coverage, he did not take great angles, nor did he have the speed to stay with the offensive player.

Floor/ceiling

Wilson’s strong hands, power as a player, fantastic motor, high end pursuit and versatility gives him the ceiling of a 3-down solid starter.

On the flip side, his lack of a true counter, burst off of the line and no advanced moves gives him the ceiling of a low end 3-down starter.

Grade - Solid 3 down starter - Mid first

Grade explanation -
Wilson is not a flashy player. He is not going to burn a tackle by exploding around them off of the snap, nor is he going to post 14+ sack seasons. However, Wilson is a safe, high floor player. He has multiple pass rushing moves that he will be able to use to defeat blockers at the pro level and he is a force against the rush. His lack of an advanced move does knock down his grade a bit, but he is still a player who is going to get 8-10 sacks a season and be strong against the run making him an extremely valuable piece to a team's front seven.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I don’t have a bead on Poles as a GM quite yet, but it would take massive balls to trade fields at this point. Many bears fans love him and are falling for him like they did just about every other shitty bears QB in my lifetime. They’ll probably turn on him soon when they realize that there will be no alternative and fields doesn’t improve his passing game.

If I were GM, neither would be off of the table. If you can get a kings ransom for Fields, you do it. If you can get a kings ransom for the first pick, you do it. If both met a ton of assets, I’d even consider that. But the bears fan base is still high on fields and it might make it harder on the FO to trade him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I don’t have a bead on Poles as a GM quite yet, but it would take massive balls to trade fields at this point. Many bears fans love him and are falling for him like they did just about every other shitty bears QB in my lifetime. They’ll probably turn on him soon when they realize that there will be no alternative and fields doesn’t improve his passing game.

If I were GM, neither would be off of the table. If you can get a kings ransom for Fields, you do it. If you can get a kings ransom for the first pick, you do it. If both met a ton of assets, I’d even consider that. But the bears fan base is still high on fields and it might make it harder on the FO to trade him.
They should trade him, he's clearly not the guy and Bryce young looks very much like he is.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone look at PFF's draft guide? Lots of interesting information. I'd share it but it is 77MBs.
I don't know if it has been released yet, but The Athletic also does a great draft guide. Even though I'm subbed to PFF, I've actually never looked at their entire draft guide before. Gonna look at it after this post.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a freak and if Will Anderson Jr or Jalen Carter aren't available at #5, I'd take him or trade down. Personally I think he's better than Travon Walker who was the #1 overall pick last year.

That being said I could see the Seahawks possibly holding off on an edge rusher at #5. This draft is really deep with both interior defensive linemen and edge rushers.

I think what the Seahawks end up doing with their first selection will be extremely dependent on what happens with Geno Smith.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a freak and if Will Anderson Jr or Jalen Carter aren't available at #5, I'd take him or trade down. Personally I think he's better than Travon Walker who was the #1 overall pick last year.

That being said I could see the Seahawks possibly holding off on an edge rusher at #5. This draft is really deep with both interior defensive linemen and edge rushers.

I think what the Seahawks end up doing with their first selection will be extremely dependent on what happens with Geno Smith.
He reminds me a bit of Carlos Dunlap

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope he passes… if we draft a wide receiver early then will know what’s up. Lol

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shocked they made this public. If he comes up negative it looks like a witch hunt because of how athletic he is.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

looked like the second coming of shawn kemp

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked like the second coming of shawn kemp

What a beast. The fact he said he was selected and ended with 'SMH' seems like a witch hunt by jealous people (similar to Sherman)... but we'll see what comes back.