• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand you on that and in my eyes he is the only one really worthy of a 1st round pick. QB's are over valued and get over drafted ALL THE TIME. Hell they could be the 50th best player in collage but if they are the best QB they go top 10. It's one of the ONLY positions that value is more important than actual talent.

Going to be a real interesting draft. QB by far has the most value positionally... but we've already resigned a couple guys (Bellore and Haynes) without resigning Smith...

I would really love to be able to sit down with Schneider and pick his brain. I wonder if there's a QB he is legit targeting, and if Waldron/Olson are on the same page, that pick is 100% happening. I would actually not be surprised if Seattle trades up this draft... first time I'm saying that... but if Schneider wants someone, I think it's going to happen.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a real interesting draft. QB by far has the most value positionally... but we've already resigned a couple guys (Bellore and Haynes) without resigning Smith...

I would really love to be able to sit down with Schneider and pick his brain. I wonder if there's a QB he is legit targeting, and if Waldron/Olson are on the same page, that pick is 100% happening. I would actually not be surprised if Seattle trades up this draft... first time I'm saying that... but if Schneider wants someone, I think it's going to happen.

This is not the draft to trade up in thats for DAMN sure. We got some high value picks and they need to be used to bolster the WHOLE team not ONE position.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the draft to trade up in thats for DAMN sure. We got some high value picks and they need to be used to bolster the WHOLE team not ONE position.

Agreed, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens. If Smith is not resigned in March, I would be willing to bet Seattle makes a move, and a trade up is likely in that scenario... we already gave money to Haynes/Bellore.. They weren't bargain contracts by any means.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Stroud, but not a fan of the rest of the QBs.

My concern with Stroud is that he has had an entire stable of NFL ready WRs and yet never really did much with them. I guess he ultimately did step up against Georgia and that is something but I just don't know how good he will be when he doesn't have a huge talent advantage around him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern with Stroud is that he has had an entire stable of NFL ready WRs and yet never really did much with them. I guess he ultimately did step up against Georgia and that is something but I just don't know how good he will be when he doesn't have a huge talent advantage around him.

Yah but he's going to come into the Seahawks with great wideouts, a system that favors QBs, and learn on the fly...

Metcalf, Lockett, Dissly/Fant/Parksinson, Lucas/Cross, Walker? I mean good fuckin' lord... don't take some stupid high dice roll like the midget 2.0 or Richardson... Stroud has the tools to be successful and with the right coaching (which this team will have) be completely successful in this organization.

And Lockett is on borrowed time, Metcalf may leave in a couple years... get a QB now and plug them into one of the best offensive systems in the NFL. Geno played fairly potato the second half as offenses started figuring him out. That's not a long term let alone short term solution. Again, if Anderson/Carter are there I'd rather take them... but if both are gone and Stroud is there, snag him...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah but he's going to come into the Seahawks with great wideouts, a system that favors QBs, and learn on the fly...

Metcalf, Lockett, Dissly/Fant/Parksinson, Lucas/Cross, Walker? I mean good fuckin' lord... don't take some stupid high dice roll like the midget 2.0 or Richardson... Stroud has the tools to be successful and with the right coaching (which this team will have) be completely successful in this organization.

And Lockett is on borrowed time, Metcalf may leave in a couple years... get a QB now and plug them into one of the best offensive systems in the NFL. Geno played fairly potato the second half as offenses started figuring him out. That's not a long term let alone short term solution. Again, if Anderson/Carter are there I'd rather take them... but if both are gone and Stroud is there, snag him...

Well I'm not really high on any of these QBs. Which is why I would prefer that we focus on fixing our defense.

If they wind up drafting a QB early, I'm fine with it. But I really don't see that happening.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes he had weapons and a good team around him. In College a good QB on that team in my eyes would have been MUCH better. You could be a below average QB on that team and still have success. It's like the Hawks With Lockett and DK they can make a average or just below average QB look really good and they did that with Geno. Also our TE are a great room of players also, and Penny/Walker are solid RB and could easily be the best group in the NFC West when Healthy.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if either of these have been posted, but I absolutely love this YouTube channel and their breakdowns. Highly recommend as they breakdown film from teams during the season as well.

I would be fucking ecstatic if we landed either of these guys.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud has all you look for, but you're right that he has had a phenomenal supporting cast since he was at Ohio State. I actually can't remember a QB who has had a better WR room than Stroud has had. Look at the guys he has been throwing to:

Garrett Wilson: 2021 #10 overall pick
Chris Olave: 2021 #11 overall pick
Jaxson Smith-Njigba: Future 2022 first round pick who statistically was better than Wilson and Olave in 2021.
Marvin Harrison Jr.: PFF's #1 returning WR for 2023 and likely top 15 pick.
Emeka Egbuka: PFF's #2 returning WR for 2023 and likely top 15 pick.

That's an absurd amount of talent that Stroud has had to throw to, and as evidenced by both Wilson and Olave having 1000+ yard rookie seasons with questionable QBs shows that it wasn't Stroud or the Ohio State offense who created their success.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Geno isn't signed by day 1 of FA, I'm thinking they roll with Lock or they are seriously thinking of moving up to 1.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Geno isn't signed by day 1 of FA, I'm thinking they roll with Lock or they are seriously thinking of moving up to 1.

Man I dunno about moving up to #1. Moving up to #1 (even from #5) would require a 2024 1st rounder and the other 1st rounder we have. Not sure that's worth it. Course letting Geno walk, some team will probably sign him to something decent that will net us a compensatory 2nd or 3rd in 2024.

I mean you're all in at that point.... Seattle has always played a bit of the value game in terms of actual draft day. Yes they've traded picks historically for proven players (which hasn't really worked out) but they rarely make drastic moves in terms of moving up in the draft. They usually play the value game and trade down acquiring more picks.

If the Bears stick with Fields (which they absolutely should - they've surrounded him with little talent, the fuck is a new QB gonna do in Chicago) it's 100% in their interest to trade down and acquire actual offensive talent. I could see Chicago being a trade partner with Seattle and just taking Robinson at #5 and the BPA WR/OL with our 20th.

Personally I'd rather just see what falls to us at #5... but there's a reason I don't work for the NFL or Seahawks FO. If Schneider thinks there's a QB in this draft that can go the distance... I'll trust him on that. His track record has been spot on with QBs he's scouted and placed heavy emphasis on... and Seattle for the first time in years has the capital to make it happen.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I dunno about moving up to #1. Moving up to #1 (even from #5) would require a 2024 1st rounder and the other 1st rounder we have. Not sure that's worth it. Course letting Geno walk, some team will probably sign him to something decent that will net us a compensatory 2nd or 3rd in 2024.

I mean you're all in at that point.... Seattle has always played a bit of the value game in terms of actual draft day. Yes they've traded picks historically for proven players (which hasn't really worked out) but they rarely make drastic moves in terms of moving up in the draft. They usually play the value game and trade down acquiring more picks.

If the Bears stick with Fields (which they absolutely should - they've surrounded him with little talent, the fuck is a new QB gonna do in Chicago) it's 100% in their interest to trade down and acquire actual offensive talent. I could see Chicago being a trade partner with Seattle and just taking Robinson at #5 and the BPA WR/OL with our 20th.

Personally I'd rather just see what falls to us at #5... but there's a reason I don't work for the NFL or Seahawks FO. If Schneider thinks there's a QB in this draft that can go the distance... I'll trust him on that. His track record has been spot on with QBs he's scouted and placed heavy emphasis on... and Seattle for the first time in years has the capital to make it happen.
Bears will do their homework on the QBs but I believe they'll trade back. It's a bold move that Seattle usually doesn't make but reality is they probably stay at 1.5 and that's perfectly fine. The 20th [ick I could see trading back for an additional pick this year or next years draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears will do their homework on the QBs but I believe they'll trade back. It's a bold move that Seattle usually doesn't make but reality is they probably stay at 1.5 and that's perfectly fine. The 20th [ick I could see trading back for an additional pick this year or next years draft.

Yah, I'm just curious what they'll do if a QB is there that Schneider doesn't like and Anderson/Carter are gone... Denver really fucked us over with that win at the end of the season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, I'm just curious what they'll do if a QB is there that Schneider doesn't like and Anderson/Carter are gone... Denver really fucked us over with that win at the end of the season.
Yes, Denver screwed us but they're still fucked for years. lol

I don't see Young falling to 5 since he's been linked to Houston for quite some time but if Stroud falls to 5 then pull that trigger. If both QBs and Anderson/Carter are gone I do think they take the kid from Texas Tech.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Denver screwed us but they're still fucked for years. lol

I don't see Young falling to 5 since he's been linked to Houston for quite some time but if Stroud falls to 5 then pull that trigger. If both QBs and Anderson/Carter are gone I do think they take the kid from Texas Tech.

lol well I really don't care what Denver does now lol. They're not in our conference and we no longer have picks from them so whatever.

I would agree to snag Stroud if he's there at 5. I think the worst is Young, Stroud, Anderson, and Carter go one through four, which is very realistic. I'm not sold on Levis (although he has a similar skillset to Allen who Schneider wanted) and I do NOT want Richardson who is not the same level as Newton was. Wilson has been getting a lot of hype, but the DL position is pretty deep in this draft. I think at #5 I'd rather just trade down. If all 4 are gone (I really don't want Young either, but he's not going to make it to us so it's a moot point) I don't see that big of a talent gap between Wilson and the rest of the next 10 picks... I'd rather trade down at that point to a team who will take a flyer on Levis/Richardson and acquire another 2nd or 1st in 2024.

Now all said, as I've said numerous times, if Schneider thinks Levis/Richardson or whoever can be the future, then I'm fine with it. If we do draft a QB at #5 I can't really hate it as long as Schneider is the final say on it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next year is the year to trade up for a QB. Im 100% all in on trading down and stocking up.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol well I really don't care what Denver does now lol. They're not in our conference and we no longer have picks from them so whatever.

I would agree to snag Stroud if he's there at 5. I think the worst is Young, Stroud, Anderson, and Carter go one through four, which is very realistic. I'm not sold on Levis (although he has a similar skillset to Allen who Schneider wanted) and I do NOT want Richardson who is not the same level as Newton was. Wilson has been getting a lot of hype, but the DL position is pretty deep in this draft. I think at #5 I'd rather just trade down. If all 4 are gone (I really don't want Young either, but he's not going to make it to us so it's a moot point) I don't see that big of a talent gap between Wilson and the rest of the next 10 picks... I'd rather trade down at that point to a team who will take a flyer on Levis/Richardson and acquire another 2nd or 1st in 2024.

Now all said, as I've said numerous times, if Schneider thinks Levis/Richardson or whoever can be the future, then I'm fine with it. If we do draft a QB at #5 I can't really hate it as long as Schneider is the final say on it.
I'm thinking the same that all 4 are off the board so trading back is my plan B if they feel the kid at TT could drop to them. Pass on Levis and Richardson, as I'm not sold on either of them. I won't be thrilled if John drafts either one but I'll ride with it and hope for the best.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is the year to trade up for a QB. Im 100% all in on trading down and stocking up.
What QBs are you looking at? Just curious cause I haven't looked it up.