• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are there to help measure production and great players have great stats.

To a degree. But stats are not as clear cut in football as they are in, say, baseball. And that is especially true on the defensive side. 2 years ago, Jordyn Brooks and Bobby Wagner set NFL records for tackles in a season. Does that mean that they were elite players? Not really.

Jalen Carter played on the best defense in college football for the past 2 years, by a wide margin. They were the no. 1 rush defense in all of college football. Jalen Carter didn't have a ton of stats for a number of reasons. One of the biggest was that he was essentially the nose tackle for that defense. His job was essentially to blow up the backfield and disrupt plays. Which he did. A lot. But that often would result in someone else getting the sack or TFL.

That is one reason why you see a disparity in his reported QB pressures. One site says he only had 3. Other sites say he had 31. Because some sites only look at edge rush pressures or when a DT completely penetrates the lines immediately. They don't count a DT pushing a guard into the QB's face.

I honestly feel like Carter is the most likely player to become a generational talent in this draft. Which is why I prefer him. OTOH, I wouldn't be upset in the least bit if we draft Will Anderson. Or even Wilson or Murphy. They all have risks as well. Particularly Anderson as I'm not confident that his game will translate as well at the NFL level where he won't be able to just blow by tackles the way he does in college.

I don't want the Seahawks to just draft ANY QB, needs to be a QB viewed as a top QB prospect for this draft, and the QB I like in particular is
Stroud but he's likely the first player drafted. The other 3 come with more flaws and thus more risks, but that is always going to be the case when drafting a QB and the later you draft a QB the higher the risk.

Sure. But if the Hawks wind up with the No. 4 QB selected that would likely be the QB with the MOST risk associated with. IMO, that is Richardson. I'm dubious that all of these NFL teams completely forgot his game tape and only care about his combine performance.

I too feel the Seahawks trying to get a team to trade with either the Cards or the Seahawks to grab a QB because as you mentioned they are making a big show of being interested in the top 4 QBs. It's sort of over the top.

Hey! Agreement!!

We shall see where Carter will go in the draft soon, less than a month. My guess he goes to the Bears or Eagles 9th or 10th)

It's really hard to say because so much of it will depend on how he does on his team meetings. I could see him going anywhere from 3 to 10.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flipped on NFLN this morning for a bit, and apparently Carter is now only taking visits with teams drafting in the top 10. Bold move, not sure what to make of it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you give any weight to the negatives he has for Carter?

Carter may need to be eased into a consistent three-down role in the NFL, as he hasn’t proven much in the way of being a near-every-down starter
That's not the point i'm debating here... Don't spin it... You seem to not think he has more than 1 QB pressure for the 2022 season... That's what I'm disagreeing with you on... You can't seem to admit that maybe he did have more than 1 QB pressure this year...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what PPF say's about Calijah Kancey.

DI: Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh (92.4)

If an NFL defensive tackle prospect is going to measure in at 6-foot-1 and 281 pounds with sub-31-inch arms, then he better be an excellent pass rusher. Luckily for Kancey, he's undeniably the best pure interior pass rusher in the class and one of the best in the past half-decade.

While his lack of size is seen as a detriment in many instances, it does help Kancey minimize his strike zone when rushing the passer, giving opposing blockers little surface area to land strikes and impede his progress. Kancey's elite 9.69 raw athletic score is easily identifiable on tape, as his quickness, burst and cornering enable him to generate pressure in a hurry. Kancey's 16 pressures in 2.5 seconds or less were the second most in the entire class, behind only San Diego State's Jonah Tavai (21).
You're not at all going to talk about his weaknesses? ;)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flipped on NFLN this morning for a bit, and apparently Carter is now only taking visits with teams drafting in the top 10. Bold move, not sure what to make of it.

I think it is pretty unlikely he drops below 10. The Eagles would be THRILLED if they can grab him at 10. Doubt he gets by the Bears.

I think he's just proclaiming that he thinks he's still a top tier prospect and will act that way.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is pretty unlikely he drops below 10. The Eagles would be THRILLED if they can grab him at 10. Doubt he gets by the Bears.

I think he's just proclaiming that he thinks he's still a top tier prospect and will act that way.
Yeah, he may also just not feel like answering the same question about the street racing incident over and over to teams that are unlikely to be in position to draft him.

I am hoping he doesn't make it past 5.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he may also just not feel like answering the same question about the street racing incident over and over to teams that are unlikely to be in position to draft him.

I am hoping he doesn't make it past 5.

He's definitely the guy that I would prefer. I won't be upset if we don't take him. Unless we take Richardson.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely the guy that I would prefer. I won't be upset if we don't take him. Unless we take Richardson.

If we take Richardson we're mobilizing... I'll bring the 31 Super Soakers banned in 1997 for sticking a 190lb man to a wall with the water pressure. You had to pump the shit out of it, but it worked... You bring some nerf guns and Harold is probably good for pizza pockets. Should be able to take the front office. I know an inside guy that can keycard us in... we'll employ GAK grenades as backups.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take Richardson we're mobilizing... I'll bring the 31 Super Soakers banned in 1997 for sticking a 190lb man to a wall with the water pressure. You had to pump the shit out of it, but it worked... You bring some nerf guns and Harold is probably good for pizza pockets. Should be able to take the front office. I know an inside guy that can keycard us in... we'll employ GAK grenades as backups.

I don't think Harold will be joining our insurrection. JMR, otoh, will be there with us.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks might take Richardson at 5 but I wont lie, I will be pissed if they do.

The reason I could see them take him is because Pete is on a short contract, He wants to run the ball and scrambling QB's that are not great at throwing the ball have done well their first 2-3 seasons before the gimmick runs it's course which by that time Pete will be sipping pina coladas on a beach some place.

My hope is they trade down to 10-15 area and pick up another first in 2024.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks might take Richardson at 5 but I wont lie, I will be pissed if they do.

The reason I could see them take him is because Pete is on a short contract, He wants to run the ball and scrambling QB's that are not great at throwing the ball have done well their first 2-3 seasons before the gimmick runs it's course which by that time Pete will be sipping pina coladas on a beach some place.

My hope is they trade down to 10-15 area and pick up another first in 2024.

That seems a little too convoluted.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taking Richardson makes absolutely no sense
anyone you take top 5 has to start day 1 and richardson will need 2-3 years to sit
considering pete is ancient and closer to win now mode than most people think, taking a guy that needs 2-3 years to sit would be ridiculous

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone you take top 5 has to start day 1 and richardson will need 2-3 years to sit
considering pete is ancient and closer to win now mode than most people think, taking a guy that needs 2-3 years to sit would be ridiculous
The only reason it would make any sense for Pete is if he has some deal in the place that would make him the VP of the Hawks or something like that when he retires... Like you said, he only has a few years left so why would he try and put it into a player that may not be, not just ready, but productive enough to keep us competitive when they do play...

We're going to be competitive this year imo... Richardson does not make us better this year... A player who can start right away probably does...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason it would make any sense for Pete is if he has some deal in the place that would make him the VP of the Hawks or something like that when he retires... Like you said, he only has a few years left so why would he try and put it into a player that may not be, not just ready, but productive enough to keep us competitive when they do play...

We're going to be competitive this year imo... Richardson does not make us better this year... A player who can start right away probably does...
Exactly. Which is why I think all the QB is a pure diversion to get someone to trade up

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only thing I could see that could happen is if Seattle is prepping for a sale of the team... Ditch Carroll after 2023 where we should still be a playoff team and Allen sells it to the highest bidder where you have a lot of talent on the team and a future QB and a new owner will pay huge money to acquire the franchise... and you have the fans on your side (not talking about us here, I'm talking about the likely 90%+ of uneducated fantasy dorks that know nothing about football that root for Seattle and are filling the seats because #5 overall QB pick).

Richardson IMO would be VERY telling... in that Allen IMO wont be the owner soon. Seattle with it's current roster can probably still be a playoff team... so if they take a young QB with huge upside and a HUGE bust rate, it could be literally to sell the team and find buyers.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Which is why I think all the QB is a pure diversion to get someone to trade up
I see there are rumors we want to TRADE UP to 3 for a QB
So I hope you're right

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see there are rumors we want to TRADE UP to 3 for a QB
So I hope you're right
Any rumors we hear right now are straight disinformation.

Say what you will about this team, they are super tight lipped about their plans until they happen

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw that, interesting decision, maybe his agents idea ? It’s not the best thing to do right now under the circumstance…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rumors we hear right now are straight disinformation.

Say what you will about this team, they are super tight lipped about their plans until they happen
I hope we don’t trade up for a QB, that seems to blow up more than it works out… I’d hate to give up draft capital for that, If we trade up get Will Anderson!