• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we take Richardson we're mobilizing... I'll bring the 31 Super Soakers banned in 1997 for sticking a 190lb man to a wall with the water pressure. You had to pump the shit out of it, but it worked... You bring some nerf guns and Harold is probably good for pizza pockets. Should be able to take the front office. I know an inside guy that can keycard us in... we'll employ GAK grenades as backups.
I'll bring the TP and paper the hell out of John/Pete's car if they go Richardson. Harold can BBQ some burgers while chaos erupts.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see there are rumors we want to TRADE UP to 3 for a QB
So I hope you're right
The only way I see Seattle trading up is if Stroud is there. Young doesn't get past Houston and I don't want any part of Will Levis.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I see Seattle trading up is if Stroud is there. Young doesn't get past Houston and I don't want any part of Will Levis.

Stroud is gone #1. Carolina had about 2x as many scouts/personnel compared to other teams at his pro day. That's a lock at #1.

Houston will take Young (that also seems to be a lock), Arizona is not going to trade with Seattle because same division which means they'll just take Anderson/Carter or trade to a dumbass team wanting Richardson... so the only real trade partner is the Colts... which is my #1 fear... the Seahawks for some dumbass reason want an available QB and despite moving from #5 to #4 the Colts fleece Seattle because smoke/mirrors..

All said, I don't see Seattle drafting a QB at all... Pete has a couple years left. Can he win a Super Bowl with Geno? Yah... it's possible... Geno was getting MVP nods last year.. had Seattle actually put a decent defense on the field they could've won the division. I think they'll hard push defense with a WR/TE added in the entirety of day 1-2 of the draft.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Jake Locker 2.0.
richardson is closer to locker 2.0 than levis
locker never completed more than 60% of his passes which is a HUGE red flag
richardson completed ~54%, ~30% down field. those are atrocious, its incredibly unlikely he overcomes that in the NFL

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richardson completed ~54%, ~30% down field. those are atrocious, its incredibly unlikely he overcomes that in the NFL

I don't understand any of the hype around Richardson... it truly baffles me why anyone is predicting he goes in the top 5 let alone first 3 rounds..... he's nowhere NEAR what Newton was, not even close as a runner as Jackson... the hell are people calling him out to be a top 5 pick? Is it a diversity hire at this point? I really want to know....

This is Malik Willis 2.0 and IMO a bunch of teams drafting in the top 10 are trying to hype up some guy to basically fleece a team. I really hope Seattle is that team.. if the Raiders/Titans are going to give us their 2024 1st and another mid rounder in 2023 PLEASE... make that move... hell I would take it even if Anderson is there... because that 2024 pick is going to be a top 10 as well.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Malik Willis 2.0 and IMO a bunch of teams drafting in the top 10 are trying to hype up some guy to basically fleece a team. I really hope Seattle is that team.. if the Raiders/Titans are going to give us their 2024 1st and another mid rounder in 2023 PLEASE... make that move... hell I would take it even if Anderson is there... because that 2024 pick is going to be a top 10 as well.

I can definitely see the comparison to the hype around Willis. The thing is, as much as the media hyped Willis, the teams really didn't bite on that hype. Hell, dude went 3rd round when the media was telling everyone that there were several teams considering him as a top 10 talent. That's about where I'd be comfortable with Richardson.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand any of the hype around Richardson... it truly baffles me why anyone is predicting he goes in the top 5 let alone first 3 rounds..... he's nowhere NEAR what Newton was, not even close as a runner as Jackson... the hell are people calling him out to be a top 5 pick? Is it a diversity hire at this point? I really want to know....

I dont think it has anything to do with diversity, the top two QBs are black. It has to do with his freak athleticism and arm strength

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it has anything to do with diversity, the top two QBs are black. It has to do with his freak athleticism and arm strength

Yah I guess, but that's been such a limiting factor to how good a QB can be over the years. I mean I'm getting 40 time vibes at this point..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud is gone #1. Carolina had about 2x as many scouts/personnel compared to other teams at his pro day. That's a lock at #1.

Houston will take Young (that also seems to be a lock), Arizona is not going to trade with Seattle because same division which means they'll just take Anderson/Carter or trade to a dumbass team wanting Richardson... so the only real trade partner is the Colts... which is my #1 fear... the Seahawks for some dumbass reason want an available QB and despite moving from #5 to #4 the Colts fleece Seattle because smoke/mirrors..

All said, I don't see Seattle drafting a QB at all... Pete has a couple years left. Can he win a Super Bowl with Geno? Yah... it's possible... Geno was getting MVP nods last year.. had Seattle actually put a decent defense on the field they could've won the division. I think they'll hard push defense with a WR/TE added in the entirety of day 1-2 of the draft.
Not that it matters cause the Panthers FO wants Stroud but the HC says he would take Richardson but I agree Stroud goes 1 and Young 2. I'm hoping Falcons/Raiders move up to 1.3, Colts stay at 1.4 and Seattle gets it's choice of Carter or Anderson. I agree this is/should be heavy on the defensive side of the ball.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a UW fan I remember being shocked where Locker was selected, and was actually surprised he played as well in the NFL as he did. Ironically I thought he would've made a pretty good running back.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone taking Anthony Richardson in the top-10 is taking the ultimate lottery ticket.

He'll either end up not even being a serviceable QB and switch positions, or end up being a generational talent. He has the size, athleticism, and arm talent to be absolutely phenomenal but his college production is awful, his fundamentals are poor, and he has maybe 16 starts in competitive games since he was a junior in HS (missed his senior season).

If he goes to a team where he's expected to start year-1, I believe that'll completely tank his career.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trot out all the options to entice a team to trade up? Raiders, Bears and Eagles all have an interest in Carter.

I think the Raiders are going QB 100% - just to gain some market publicity and fill the seats in Vegas, but could be wrong. The Raiders defense was as shitty as ours last year lol.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be VERY good news for the Seahawks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trot out all the options to entice a team to trade up? Raiders, Bears and Eagles all have an interest in Carter.

Hard to imagine any team trading up to grab Carter and if they do, we would need to understand why.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be VERY good news for the Seahawks.

Hmm maybe... but if the Cardinals stay there and take Anderson or Carter, Richardson or Levis should be available at #5 and we can hold the Titans/Raiders ransom for picks.

Or just take Carter/Anderson lol.... I wonder if Carter/Anderson are there at #4 if the Colts snag one.... everyone is saying they're going QB, but it is something that's uncertain as always.

DAMMIT flyer, why can't the draft just be here already!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm maybe... but if the Cardinals stay there and take Anderson or Carter, Richardson or Levis should be available at #5 and we can hold the Titans/Raiders ransom for picks.

Or just take Carter/Anderson lol.... I wonder if Carter/Anderson are there at #4 if the Colts snag one.... everyone is saying they're going QB, but it is something that's uncertain as always.

DAMMIT flyer, why can't the draft just be here already!

LOL. If teams are trying to get the Cards pick and they are unable to, that could lead to the Hawks getting some people to come knocking on the door asking about our pick.