• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don’t trade up for a QB, that seems to blow up more than it works out… I’d hate to give up draft capital for that, If we trade up get Will Anderson!

I don't think there is a QB in this draft worth trading up for. But, truth be told, I would rather see them trade up to get someone than simply draft whatever QB is left at #5. But I highly doubt they are going to do that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rumors we hear right now are straight disinformation.

Say what you will about this team, they are super tight lipped about their plans until they happen
they are just rumors, but they are laying it on thick making it look like they really want a QB
and with these guys, you can never really tell what they are going to do, they very well could take a QB

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are just rumors, but they are laying it on thick making it look like they really want a QB
and with these guys, you can never really tell what they are going to do, they very well could take a QB

Anything is possible. But the fact that they are laying it on sooooo thick tells me that they have no intention of drafting a QB.

If they really were that focused on drafting a QB, they wouldn't be saying shit about QBs. All it could do is push another team to move ahead of them to draft a QB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see there are rumors we want to TRADE UP to 3 for a QB
So I hope you're right

Yah... trade with a division rival and give them a minimum of probably another 1st (or our early 2nd) because it's for a QB, lmao... I know you're just reporting rumors MrS but the people spreading those rumors need their asses kicked.

I'm happy to eat crow if those rumors turn out to be true, but really? I think those rumors was someone playing a little too much mock simulator drafts or Madden...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible. But the fact that they are laying it on sooooo thick tells me that they have no intention of drafting a QB.

If they really were that focused on drafting a QB, they wouldn't be saying shit about QBs. All it could do is push another team to move ahead of them to draft a QB.

100%. IMO Seattle's FO is doing a couple things:

1) They want either Carter or Anderson. If it goes QB-QB-QB-QB (lol, I cannot imagine that happens - would be the first time in draft history, but who knows) - one is available. Regardless, getting more teams to think they want QB will urge a trade up and guarantee one of those guys at 5.
2) If the Cards just stay put and take Anderson or Carter or Indy does something weird and doesn't take a QB, Seattle is in a GREAT position to trade down to the Titans or Raiders who are DESPERATE for market attention at the moment... and basically create a fleece trade.

And face it, Carroll likes Geno.. I'm assuming he has nude pictures of his family because the contract Seattle negotiated was nearly highway robbery with Geno - and Carroll is not going to start over with a QB. The reason Seattle did F all last year was because of the defense and sadly some WR injuries that started to pile up. Not to mention Waldron's first year to actually run his offense and not Wilson's bullshit. Seattle isn't drafting a QB... UNLESS that's a complete and utter command from Jody Allen so she can sell the team (young/raw QB with upside will fill seats and gain buyer interest).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rumors we hear right now are straight disinformation.

Say what you will about this team, they are super tight lipped about their plans until they happen
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us trade down a few spots out of #5 and then utilize some of the ammo we received in the trade to move up from #20 to #14-19 or something like that to grab another guy we like...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%. IMO Seattle's FO is doing a couple things:

1) They want either Carter or Anderson. If it goes QB-QB-QB-QB (lol, I cannot imagine that happens - would be the first time in draft history, but who knows) - one is available. Regardless, getting more teams to think they want QB will urge a trade up and guarantee one of those guys at 5.
2) If the Cards just stay put and take Anderson or Carter or Indy does something weird and doesn't take a QB, Seattle is in a GREAT position to trade down to the Titans or Raiders who are DESPERATE for market attention at the moment... and basically create a fleece trade.

And face it, Carroll likes Geno.. I'm assuming he has nude pictures of his family because the contract Seattle negotiated was nearly highway robbery with Geno - and Carroll is not going to start over with a QB. The reason Seattle did F all last year was because of the defense and sadly some WR injuries that started to pile up. Not to mention Waldron's first year to actually run his offense and not Wilson's bullshit. Seattle isn't drafting a QB... UNLESS that's a complete and utter command from Jody Allen so she can sell the team (young/raw QB with upside will fill seats and gain buyer interest).

Yeah. I thought it was more of a possibility until we had Pete and John taking selfies with all the QBs and constantly praising them.

If they were actually interested in a QB they would be going completely radio silent.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us trade down a few spots out of #5 and then utilize some of the ammo we received in the trade to move up from #20 to #14-19 or something like that to grab another guy we like...

I think a lot will depend on how the draft unfolds.

I think we all think that Stroud and Young will go in the top 2 but that is far from a lock.

Hell it's far from a lock that 3 QBs go before our draft spot. I would be surprised but the Colts could really surprise us. Hell even the Texans aren't a mortal lock to go QB.

So what do the Hawks do if they don't really want a QB and Carter AND Anderson are off the board at #5? I would imagine that there would be some offers coming in for that spot and it would make total sense for the Hawks to trade down.

There is a ton of disinformation being thrown out right now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I thought it was more of a possibility until we had Pete and John taking selfies with all the QBs and constantly praising them.

If they were actually interested in a QB they would be going completely radio silent.

Not even PC/JS, but most teams. Obviously yes, we know Carolina is taking Shroud, DUH... but most teams are pretty quiet on who they like. You can gain some intel from how many scouts/personnel attend pro days (for example, Carolina had 14 at Ohio State - 5 or so more than anyone else) but end of day GMs in the NFL are business savvy people and extremely intelligent (yah, you're literally 'playing for the NFL' - you represent about 0.00001% of the population in terms of earnings). It's a poker game at that point, those guys didn't get where they were by giving up their hand early - they're trying to manipulate the other GMs/owners to gain advantage wherever possible.

Smoke and mirrors is not a new term in the NFL, but it's one that's been used routinely over the years. Create hype, and try and get an owner/GM to make a decision based on 'I feel' or panic/adrenaline instead of a sound business decision. Richardson is not a sound business decision. I'm going to probably throw up if we draft him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess we can get all Princess Bride here, but I tend to agree with this. A perfect draft scenario is someone below us trades up to 3 and then the top 4 picks are all QBs. It's probably not the most likely outcome, but it would be awesome and I think the FO would be pinching themselves in the war room if it fell that way.

Hawks trade down??? Are you serious???? :)

If at least 3 QBs go in the top 4 picks (definitely a good chance) *and* the FO is iffy on Carter, I could definitely see a trade down and wouldn't mind it all. Go down a few spots and still get a supremely talented prospect would be just fine.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can get all Princess Bride here, but I tend to agree with this. A perfect draft scenario is someone below us trades up to 3 and then the top 4 picks are all QBs. It's probably not the most likely outcome, but it would be awesome and I think the FO would be pinching themselves in the war room if it fell that way.

That would be the ideal scenario. I agree it is unlikely. It would be REALLY interesting to see what the Hawks would do if they had to choose between Anderson and Carter.

Hawks trade down??? Are you serious???? :)

If at least 3 QBs go in the top 4 picks (definitely a good chance) *and* the FO is iffy on Carter, I could definitely see a trade down and wouldn't mind it all. Go down a few spots and still get a supremely talented prospect would be just fine.

A trade down could definitely happen.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my favorite mock draft to date. Lots of trades, and we pick up 10 draftees and get draft capital for next year:

1680807335263.png

and draft picks:

1680807367128.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? They use one of the 2nd round picks on a WR in that mock. I like that mock it addresses both DL and OL depth at WR and RB added a LB.
Oh snap, nevermind! I really like this draft then.