• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I feel about Anthony Richardson...
Yes and with good reason and Carter's stats should do the same for folks. At least Richardson is green as grass with 2022 being his first year starting, so with more experience, there is hope for improvement, but still a big risk.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to be needing a WR and TE next season on the roster with Fant probably moving on, Dissly injury history and Lockett getting older... We won't have as many picks next season so to me, it makes sense to draft them this year in the 2nd or 3rd round...
we need LB in a bad way and there should be some good ones at both spots

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't even have great stats.

Well I think that's what Harold is saying - he's just taking the inverse. If he had great stats in College that doesn't mean success in the pros either. But having crappy stats in College certainly doesn't make it any better lol.

I don't get the hype on Richardson at all. "He's athletic!" Yah so was Cam and Lamar and their stats in College absolutely shattered Richardsons lol. Cam was obviously #1 overall and Lamar was #32, but yah... #5 for Richardson? I think it's getting a lot of Malik Willis hype and we all saw how that turned out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think that's what Harold is saying - he's just taking the inverse. If he had great stats in College that doesn't mean success in the pros either. But having crappy stats in College certainly doesn't make it any better lol.

I get that certainly. You would certainly prefer to see dominant stats. But I also think that stats don't always tell you everything. This is ESPECIALLY true with defensive players and offensive linemen.

Jalen Carter is a massive disruptor when he is playing at his best. That doesn't mean he will be a big stat guy.

If his game translates to the pros, which of course we have no way of knowing, he becomes one of those guys who makes the rest of the front 7 dramatically better.

I don't get the hype on Richardson at all. "He's athletic!" Yah so was Cam and Lamar and their stats in College absolutely shattered Richardsons lol. Cam was obviously #1 overall and Lamar was #32, but yah... #5 for Richardson? I think it's getting a lot of Malik Willis hype and we all saw how that turned out.

The thing is, I wouldn't want us to draft Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson either. They are fun to watch but I don't think their style of play is effective in the playoffs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, I wouldn't want us to draft Cam Newton or Lamar Jackson either. They are fun to watch but I don't think their style of play is effective in the playoffs.

Oh agreed there as well.

Often times they're just too banged up at that point. But, according to a certain member on the Ravens forum, "I just don't like Lamar Jackson."

:noidea:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson hasn't even been able to play in the post season the last couple years. There is giant risk in giving him a big money contract because of how he plays being so detrimental to durability and longevity.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson hasn't even been able to play in the post season the last couple years. There is giant risk in giving him a big money contract because of how he plays being so detrimental to durability and longevity.

Yeah. And Richardson is the exact same kind of player.

If Josh Allen doesn't dramatically change his style of play he will be another example of the same thing.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've fallen off the hype train with Carter, but if Richardson is there at #5 I'd prefer we..... TRADE DOWN, and grab a bunch of picks from the dumbass team willing to draft him - because the following year picks will ensure us another top 5 thanks to the ineptly run organization willing to do that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've fallen off the hype train with Carter, but if Richardson is there at #5 I'd prefer we..... TRADE DOWN, and grab a bunch of picks from the dumbass team willing to draft him - because the following year picks will ensure us another top 5 thanks to the ineptly run organization willing to do that.
These QBs' pro days are drawing attention from teams that some feel need an upgrade at QB, Falcons, Raiders, and Titans. So could be one of these teams trade with the Cards ( leaving Anderson for Seahawks) or maybe they wait and trade up with the Seahawks if they can't swing the deal with the Cards. Got to love the suspense this draft has.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a bit of chatter this morning on 710 about rumors that the Hawks are looking to trade up to #3. I don't know what to make of that in terms of who they may be targeting. You could say that suggests they are after a QB because they know Indy is taking one, and AZ isn't but getting to 3 protects them against another team doing the same thing and grabbing their guy. However, you can also argue that going up to 3 nearly guarantees they'll have their pick of the entire class of defensive prospects. I'm at odds over which one makes more sense, but either way I hope they don't do it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a bit of chatter this morning on 710 about rumors that the Hawks are looking to trade up to #3. I don't know what to make of that in terms of who they may be targeting. You could say that suggests they are after a QB because they know Indy is taking one, and AZ isn't but getting to 3 protects them against another team doing the same thing and grabbing their guy. However, you can also argue that going up to 3 nearly guarantees they'll have their pick of the entire class of defensive prospects. I'm at odds over which one makes more sense, but either way I hope they don't do it.
Seems like the Seahawks are making a show of interest in QBs, look at the staff they have meeting Richardson in this photo:

1680291312644.png

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Seahawks are making a show of interest in QBs, look at the staff they have meeting Richardson in this photo:

View attachment 324785
Yeah, Florida pro day.... lots of top prospects at a big program like that. Schneider when asked about Richardson mentioned that there are some "issues" there (presumably with his play vs character), which wouldn't be something I would expect to be said about a top 5 pick. Then again, that could be a smokescreen. Of course, this picture could also be a smokescreen. Hard to decide what is real and what is memorex this time of year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 324785

Good - make it seem like Seattle is super interested and we're taking him at 5. And then Tennessee can trade us Simmons and #11. Yay, good job Harold!

@flyerhawk

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But did Richardson meet their expectations? Schneider weighed in ...

“He was really impressive,” Schneider said Thursday on Seattle Sports 710. “Great athlete, great young man. He has a ton of physical talent, no question about it. ... He did a great job. He had fun, he was loose and he had a good time with his teammates.”

Still, Schneider admitted that "there's definitely questions" surrounding Richardson, though at this point, it's hard to imagine that the Seahawks would pass on him if he's still available at No. 5.

"There’s definitely questions there, like there are with all these guys," Schneider said. "He’s 6-6 as a starter. New staff this past year with Coach (Billy) Napier."

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But did Richardson meet their expectations? Schneider weighed in ...

“He was really impressive,” Schneider said Thursday on Seattle Sports 710. “Great athlete, great young man. He has a ton of physical talent, no question about it. ... He did a great job. He had fun, he was loose and he had a good time with his teammates.”

Still, Schneider admitted that "there's definitely questions" surrounding Richardson, though at this point, it's hard to imagine that the Seahawks would pass on him if he's still available at No. 5.

"There’s definitely questions there, like there are with all these guys," Schneider said. "He’s 6-6 as a starter. New staff this past year with Coach (Billy) Napier."

It's hard to imagine that they would pass on Richardson at No. 5? Pretty easy for me to imagine it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get the feeling the Seahawks are trying to play up QBs to get a team in need to trade up with the Cards so Seahawks can land Anderson, but all conjecture on my part.
I feel the same way... I feel like the Hawks are talking up QB so that teams go into panic mode and trade ahead of them to take one...