• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some stats on Carter that made me go Mmmm. In 3 years with the Georgia Bulldogs Carter had 6 total sacks for those 3 years combined and he had 18.5 TFL ( tackles for losses) in total. So they compared that to some highly rated tackles last few years here are the numbers:

Ndamukong Suh — 49.5 TFL’s, 24 sacks
Gerald McCoy — 33 TFL’s, 14.5 sacks
Aaron Donald — 66 TFL’s, 29.5 sacks
Marcell Dareus — 20 TFL’s, 11 sacks (in two seasons)
Fletcher Cox — 24.5 TFL’s, 7.5 sacks
Solomon Thomas — 24.5 TFL’s, 12 sacks (in two seasons)
Quinnen Williams — 26 TFL’s, 10 sacks (in two seasons)
Ed Oliver — 53 TFL’s, 13.5 sacks
Derrick Brown — 33 TFL’s, 12.5 sacks
Jeffery Simmons — 33 TFL’s, 7 sacks

I looked at this and thought wow I would of thought with all the hype Carter would stack up way better than that. In fact his stats are pretty weeny once you actually check and remember he's getting compared to other DTs. Now I'm sure he saw double teams etc etc, but the other DTs did also.
Does this make anyone go Mmmm besides me?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some stats on Carter that made me go Mmmm. In 3 years with the Georgia Bulldogs Carter had 6 total sacks for those 3 years combined and he had 18.5 TFL ( tackles for losses) in total. So they compared that to some highly rated tackles last few years here are the numbers:

Ndamukong Suh — 49.5 TFL’s, 24 sacks
Gerald McCoy — 33 TFL’s, 14.5 sacks
Aaron Donald — 66 TFL’s, 29.5 sacks
Marcell Dareus — 20 TFL’s, 11 sacks (in two seasons)
Fletcher Cox — 24.5 TFL’s, 7.5 sacks
Solomon Thomas — 24.5 TFL’s, 12 sacks (in two seasons)
Quinnen Williams — 26 TFL’s, 10 sacks (in two seasons)
Ed Oliver — 53 TFL’s, 13.5 sacks
Derrick Brown — 33 TFL’s, 12.5 sacks
Jeffery Simmons — 33 TFL’s, 7 sacks

I looked at this and thought wow I would of thought with all the hype Carter would stack up way better than that. In fact his stats are pretty weeny once you actually check and remember he's getting compared to other DTs. Now I'm sure he saw double teams etc etc, but the other DTs did also.
Does this make anyone go Mmmm besides me?

carter has played on an absolutely stacked defense, there have been something like 5 first round picks while he has been on the team. maybe that has something to do with his lack of production?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're more than likely not going to leap frog Chicago in the draft... Looks like Fields is out and Peterman will be getting the start... Peterman is just horrible... I don't see how he has a backup job in this league...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're more than likely not going to leap frog Chicago in the draft... Looks like Fields is out and Peterman will be getting the start... Peterman is just horrible... I don't see how he has a backup job in this league...

I will be very happy if we keep the 3rd pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will be very happy if we keep the 3rd pick.
Can not complain about a top 3 pick, heck would of been OK with a top 5. Did not see the Bronco's folding like cheap cardboard when the trade first happened.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can not complain about a top 3 pick, heck would of been OK with a top 5. Did not see the Bronco's folding like cheap cardboard when the trade first happened.

So many bad things happened in succession for Denver.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For shits and giggles, lets say geno walks, which QB would be the best choice at #3?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For shits and giggles, lets say geno walks, which QB would be the best choice at #3?

None, go grab Gardner Minshew and ride him for a year or two. Also Have him compete with Drew Lock.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None, go grab Gardner Minshew and ride him for a year or two. Also Have him compete with Drew Lock.
Minshew would be nice as a backup, he capably of filling in. I like Minshew, good guy, good teammate, has grit, has moxy but he doesn't have the tools to be a full time starter.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have 1 vote for Stroudt, 1 for Shroud, and 1 for Gardner Minshew?? Haha oh man.

I think I would prefer to do what the Eagles did a few years ago. Take a QB a little later and still use our best pick to improve the defense.

If the question is really about preference between CJ Stroud or Bryce Young, then I would go with Stroud. Young's slight stature is a concern for me, and I think Stroud has a better chance of holding up in the NFL and being able to make all the throws at the next level.

• You're Funny
Reactions: MrS

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were to take a QB with the No. 3 pick, for whatever reason, I would hope that PC/JS were taking Levis simply he has the most upside. At least from what I've read.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go Levis as well, Stroud doesnt have as high a ceiling and doesnt feel like he would be an upgrade over Geno.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if the DL drafted is a bust and Geno doesn't ever have a season close to this one ever again ? Because that's just as likely as a rookie QB busting. Geno is just a version of Travis Jackson who had a fluke seaon except Geno is 32 already and I'd bet a large sum of money we never see this version of Geno again.
I highly disagree on the Tarvaris Jackson comp.

Jackson never looked like an NFL starter his entire career. Coaching staff knew his limitations and seldom had him attempt a pass 15 yards past the line of scrimmage. In December/January he was with an offensive line that gave up the most pressures in the NFL at 80. He has been seeing the field well and has had accuracy that I had no idea he had in him.

It's also worth noting that since Goodwin went down, the WRs behind Metcalf and Lockett are practice squad caliber players.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jackson never looked like an NFL starter his entire career. Coaching staff knew his limitations and seldom had him attempt a pass 15 yards past the line of scrimmage. In December/January he was with an offensive line that gave up the most pressures in the NFL at 80. He has been seeing the field well and has had accuracy that I had no idea he had in him.

It's also worth noting that since Goodwin went down, the WRs behind Metcalf and Lockett are practice squad caliber players.
Yeah, TJax was also hovering around the 58-60% completion ratio with 9+ starts.. The only thing identical between the two is the color of their skin... People can't just say that Geno is accidentally putting up a good season...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jackson had a very strong arm and a great deep ball, thats why they liked him.

Seeing the 2000s uni's makes me ill, but I somehow missed that they announced throwbacks are coming next year

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson had a very strong arm and a great deep ball, thats why they liked him.

Seeing the 2000s uni's makes me ill, but I somehow missed that they announced throwbacks are coming next year

Well they just announced it like a month or so ago. It wasn't that long ago and it was only in a tweet I think. I think it was also mentioned on the Seahawks web site but I rarely go there because the info they post there comes out other places first lol. I use it for Preseason but not during the season.