• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that the consensus amongst all of us is either DL or QB. Which probably means they will draft a WR. LOL.
not at 5 please God no

I could see them doing it at 19 though, it wouldnt shock me at all.

heres the past 10 years or so of #5 picks, some real gems in there

PICK #5 NFL DRAFTS​

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at 5 please God no

I could see them doing it at 19 though, it wouldnt shock me at all.

heres the past 10 years or so of #5 picks, some real gems in there

PICK #5 NFL DRAFTS​

Pretty good hit rate there. 4 or 5 All-Pro level players. 3 busts.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good hit rate there. 4 or 5 All-Pro level players. 3 busts.
correction on 2019, Tampa picked Devin White not Josh Allen.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that the consensus amongst all of us is either DL or QB. Which probably means they will draft a WR. LOL.
Haha... I don't think you're far off... One thing we've learned is that they are very unpredictable when it comes to the draft... Last year was one of the first times that really wasn't the case...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is one of the 1st mocks i've seen with the final draft order in place...

2023 NFL Mock Draft | Tankathon

In the 1st round, they have us taking DE, Myles Murphy at 5 and LB Trenton Simpson at 20 - both players from Clemson...

In the 2nd round, DE Gervon Dexter, FL at 38 and CB Eli Ricks, AL at 54...

In the 3rd round, QB Hendon Hooker, TN at 85

Not too shabby at all... At least this person put some thought into what Seattle actually needs... I saw another Mock that had us taking Anthony Richardson w/ our #5 overall pick... I would be pissed if that happened...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the 1st round, they have us taking DE, Myles Murphy at 5 and LB Trenton Simpson at 20 - both players from Clemson...

Not too shabby at all... At least this person put some thought into what Seattle actually needs... I saw another Mock that had us taking Anthony Richardson w/ our #5 overall pick... I would be pissed if that happened...

K so it's driving me absolutely fucking nuts... that mock drafts keep having Seattle draft secondary players within our first 4 picks. Woolen is a stud, Bryant needs to move back to CB (and Woolen shift to #1), Diggs is still okay, Ryan Neal is one of the best safeties in the league... Carroll has a Sixth sense for secondary players... why the FUCK are these dickheads mocking us taking a safety/CB in the 2nd let alone 1st?

Murphy and Simpson I'd be fine with.. WE NEED A FUCKING CENTER (get Aliva or Patterson) with our first second, and then get a fuckin ILB that can cover.

Not sure why I'm screaming at you Anointed... I haven't been laid in a while.... I apologize in advance. I could've just hit the backspace button... but it felt inappropriate to do.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K so it's driving me absolutely fucking nuts... that mock drafts keep having Seattle draft secondary players within our first 4 picks. Woolen is a stud, Bryant needs to move back to CB (and Woolen shift to #1), Diggs is still okay, Ryan Neal is one of the best safeties in the league... Carroll has a Sixth sense for secondary players... why the FUCK are these dickheads mocking us taking a safety/CB in the 2nd let alone 1st?

Murphy and Simpson I'd be fine with.. WE NEED A FUCKING CENTER (get Aliva or Patterson) with our first second, and then get a fuckin ILB that can cover.

Not sure why I'm screaming at you Anointed... I haven't been laid in a while.... I apologize in advance. I could've just hit the backspace button... but it felt inappropriate to do.

Yeah, I'm like WTF... I'm just the middle man here.. Don't kill the messenger... :D

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be very disappointed if we don't draft a NT type player.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be very disappointed if we don't draft a NT type player.
Will you be disappointed if we don't draft one in the top 3 rounds? We could get one in the 4th round/5th round... We could get one in FA as well...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you be disappointed if we don't draft one in the top 3 rounds? We could get one in the 4th round/5th round... We could get one in FA as well...
Yes you could in theory grab a guy off the street and call him a nose tackle, but if you want a good one you likely need to draft him in the first three rounds. Nose tackles don’t get drafted as early as a 4-3 tackle but that doesn’t mean you can wait too long because there are others who run a 3-4 and can use a good nose tackle.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you could in theory grab a guy off the street and call him a nose tackle, but if you want a good one you likely need to draft him in the first three rounds. Nose tackles don’t get drafted as early as a 4-3 tackle but that doesn’t mean you can wait too long because there are others who run a 3-4 and can use a good nose tackle.
That's why I like Gervon Dexter... I think he could be a solid player there...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We currently have an aging NT as our primary 2 gap T. When he is out our defense goes from mediocre to trash.

If we are going to run a 3-4, you need to have lane stuffers in the middle. We also need a burly LB fill lanes as well.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles murphy looks legit, Tyree wilson is a physical freak. I think we will do fine with either of them.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind getting McKee with our late 2nd round pick, I said this before but you all said he wouldn't be there and would be gone middle 1st and at worst late 1st. I think to many on here put to much value on these QB's.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles murphy looks legit, Tyree wilson is a physical freak. I think we will do fine with either of them.

Of those 4 linemen we are talking about(Anderson, Carter, Wilson, Murphy) it is very unlikely that they will all hit in the NFL. Probably not even 3 of them. We just need to hope that we get the one that does hit.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those 4 linemen we are talking about(Anderson, Carter, Wilson, Murphy) it is very unlikely that they will all hit in the NFL. Probably not even 3 of them. We just need to hope that we get the one that does hit.
anderson is undersized, and carter has stamina issues. murphy and wilson are more prototype size/athleticism players.

at least thats what I am telling myself now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anderson is undersized, and carter has stamina issues. murphy and wilson are more prototype size/athleticism players.

at least thats what I am telling myself now.

I honestly think our bigger problem is on the interior. We actually have some decent pass rushers on the edge. Of course we could use more but the problem is that we aren't getting any interior push so the QBs can too easily step and avoid the edge rush.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,740.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think our bigger problem is on the interior. We actually have some decent pass rushers on the edge. Of course we could use more but the problem is that we aren't getting any interior push so the QBs can too easily step and avoid the edge rush.
Which is why I love the mock pick of Gervon Dexter, DT/NT out of FL... He's a big kid with length at 308... The mock you had responded to have us taking him w/ our first pick in the 2nd round... That's why I was surprised when you said, "I would be very disappointed if we don't draft a NT type player."

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I love the mock pick of Gervon Dexter, DT/NT out of FL... He's a big kid with length at 308... The mock you had responded to have us taking him w/ our first pick in the 2nd round... That's why I was surprised when you said, "I would be very disappointed if we don't draft a NT type player."

You had him listed as a DE. I am not really a college guy so I don't know the players all that well.